Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localexpert

Quote from: square_ball on October 14, 2019, 04:01:52 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 14, 2019, 03:46:18 PM
have been in the pits of despair after the county final 2 weeks ago because we were fully aware that this overrated and still unproven ballygawley team have not warranted the hype. 

This may change in the years ahead but it remains to be seen.  Thankfully the arrogant bunch have been brought down a peg or two with their pitiful performance yesterday. 

They'll probably reply to this when they hammer everyone to win the league on new years day after sticking to the iced lemon water all Christmas. 

Better get the cheque book out again because they haven't won a county title with a club man in charge for 13 years and counting!!!!

Was gervins bouncing last night after the grade 2 championship win?

Yea couple of the lads brought down their oneill cup medals they won last year for photos with the kids.  Was a great night!

square_ball

Quote from: Localexpert on October 14, 2019, 04:08:28 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 14, 2019, 04:01:52 PM
have been in the pits of despair after the county final 2 weeks ago because we were fully aware that this overrated and still unproven ballygawley team have not warranted the hype. 

This may change in the years ahead but it remains to be seen.  Thankfully the arrogant bunch have been brought down a peg or two with their pitiful performance yesterday. 

They'll probably reply to this when they hammer everyone to win the league on new years day after sticking to the iced lemon water all Christmas. 

Better get the cheque book out again because they haven't won a county title with a club man in charge for 13 years and counting!!!!

Was gervins bouncing last night after the grade 2 championship win?

Yea couple of the lads brought down their oneill cup medals they won last year for photos with the kids.  Was a great night!

The conveyor belt continues fair play. Maybe you will give white bap another go at the senior job to bring those young lads through?

Moonshine

Great to have you back localexpert you should never hide in defeat. Or maybe you forgot your password to the tintown account..

Moonshine

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 14, 2019, 03:58:33 PM

good to have you back. Some win for your u21's.
Errigal are filled with hot air

Grade 2 u21 championship for a club steeped in tradition like coalisland marvellous achievement. Just good to see white bap behaved himself in this u21 final.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Moonshine on October 14, 2019, 04:48:50 PM

Grade 2 u21 championship for a club steeped in tradition like coalisland marvellous achievement. Just good to see white bap behaved himself in this u21 final.

I think its a joke the a big club like Coalisland play in Grade 2 at underage especially when they go and win it.  Surely they would be good enough to compete at grade 1 but obviously winning a title is more important to the club.  If my memory serves me correct this same team was winning minor underage titles at grade 2 so winning this was hardly a surprise to them.  Errigal do the same.  I see there u16 are playing grade 2 and a few years back there u14s won the Feile at Grade 2.  Certain large clubs shouldn't be allowed to operate this way. 

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: The Golden Years on October 14, 2019, 05:00:59 PM

I think its a joke the a big club like Coalisland play in Grade 2 at underage especially when they go and win it.  Surely they would be good enough to compete at grade 1 but obviously winning a title is more important to the club.  If my memory serves me correct this same team was winning minor underage titles at grade 2 so winning this was hardly a surprise to them.  Errigal do the same.  I see there u16 are playing grade 2 and a few years back there u14s won the Feile at Grade 2.  Certain large clubs shouldn't be allowed to operate this way.

You can choose what grade your underage teams play in?

inroundthesquare

Didn't think it was possible for Errigal to be even worse than they were in the final 2 years ago

Pearse Blue

Quote from: The Golden Years on October 14, 2019, 05:00:59 PM

Unfortunately in Coalisland we can't be sure who is going to commit. The reason we enter in to division two is to give more lads competitive football to get them into seniors, some years everyone commits and some years nobody commits. Division two is a safe option. Sure we had more men on Whitebaps bus to Belfast for them to go on the rip than we did togged out for the game. #ImBlue

Pearse Blue

Another point, we always enter it. Division one or two, why are clubs not forced to enter a team in such an important age group

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 15, 2019, 10:26:09 AM
Another point, we always enter it. Division one or two, why are clubs not forced to enter a team in such an important age group

I agree u21 is an important age group, for me even more important than minor. But simple fact is some clubs just do not have the numbers. Especially those clubs with an already small pick. The bigger division one clubs, Clonoe, Errigal, Dromore, Coalisland etc will have no problem but for majority of others you are lucky if you could pull 15 out to play considering they could be away at Uni/Work/Senior Priority etc

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 15, 2019, 10:39:31 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 15, 2019, 10:26:09 AM

I agree u21 is an important age group, for me even more important than minor. But simple fact is some clubs just do not have the numbers. Especially those clubs with an already small pick. The bigger division one clubs, Clonoe, Errigal, Dromore, Coalisland etc will have no problem but for majority of others you are lucky if you could pull 15 out to play considering they could be away at Uni/Work/Senior Priority etc
Only don't have the numbers because there is no cautions if they dont field. Its not pushed enough

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on October 14, 2019, 10:32:26 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 14, 2019, 10:25:03 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 14, 2019, 08:28:18 AM
Never seen more yapping about £8 in my life, holy ghost if yous were that interested you could've went to the game maybe?? Anyway, yous missed f*ck all, it was bad showing from overrated Errigal

It's bringing up the "grab all association" mob. People seem to assume that
1) Everything GAA-related should be free or its against the ethos of the association.
2) Tyrone GAA deliberately mucked up the service after getting the £8 off people.

I had no issue paying the £8 yesterday or the £7 for the two finals last week. I would assume the majority are in the same boat. The fact that it didn't work was the issue. Therefore it's only right people were refunded. I don't think there's any wrong with expecting a refund in that situation.

Just got an email to say I was being refunded there....I hadn't raised dispute or anything in paypal so they are doing it anyway.