Quote from: longballin on October 16, 2017, 01:00:00 AM
Quote from: Main Street on October 15, 2017, 11:57:10 PM
Quote from: longballin on October 15, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 15, 2017, 11:17:39 PM
Quote from: longballin on October 15, 2017, 10:43:47 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 15, 2017, 07:39:56 PM
Quote from: longballin on October 15, 2017, 07:37:54 PM
Looks like payback time for Gooch's wee Late Late Show fib  :o

That's assuming Gooch gives a f@@@ what Brolly thinks,says or writes!

obviously he does or wouldnt have went on about it on the LLS

Gooch did not go on about it. He was asked about it and fobbed it off with a lie!

so he shouldn't have told a lie. speaks volumes for him...
A lie?
Was it not blatantly obvious that Cooper was exacting revenge when sarcastically taking the píss out of Brolly and that absurd apology claim?
Cooper was winding up Joe  and Joe fell for it hook, line and sinker. Much mirth down Kerry way I guess.

"On a serious note, Joe actually sent me a text this week to say 'Sorry about all the fuss. I wish there wasn't a reaction that there was. It's gone overboard. And I apologise'.
"So he's obviously changed his tune and now fully respects that I am entitled to have a testimonial night if I want."

;D

Joe has Cooper called out on and off the pitch : )  Got him perfectly in the article : )

I like Joe but that article wasn't remotely funny and was just pathetic. And i'm coming from the point of view that I don't think the testimonial dinner should happen for any player. I would say it's the worst article by far that I've ever seen Joe write.

Many of Joe's views are right on the money( no pun intended) regarding the way the Gaa is going, but he's been unnecessarily spiteful towards Gooch. Joe's humour is hit or miss, and though I totally agree with his sentiments re 1 excounty player benefitting financially from a testimonial, I think the article was definitely a miss in terms of comedic value.
I often think it must be difficult for weekly columnists to be genuinely funny every week, so they sometimes lower the standards with personal insults .
There's a genuine battle to be fought regarding the direction of travel of the GAA, Joe needs to be careful not to demean that battle, by being personally insulting .

rosnarun

Brollyi a complete hypocrite has any one apart from Spillane made more money from the GAA. especially  per medal
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Orchard park

from the point of view of generating further debate Brollys article serves a purpose.

didnt find it funny as healy rae is lampooned and has nothing to do with the debate.

Cooper told a lie from what i can gather about brolly apologising and I suppose with that comes the risk of considerable derision and character assasination

Main Street

Quote from: Orchard park on October 16, 2017, 11:14:10 AM
from the point of view of generating further debate Brollys article serves a purpose.

didnt find it funny as healy rae is lampooned and has nothing to do with the debate.

Cooper told a lie from what i can gather about brolly apologising and I suppose with that comes the risk of considerable derision and character assasination
Another sucker for the lie story  ;D
Cooper knocked Joe senseless with that spoof on the LLS, and by the looks of it there are plenty here who didn't get it either.
Joe doesn't have the cop to know when he has been ribbed mercilessly.
I didn't know Cooper had it in him, he is the baby faced assassin.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on October 16, 2017, 11:29:23 AM

Cooper knocked Joe senseless with that spoof on the LLS, and by the looks of it there are plenty here who didn't get it either.
How is that people know what Cooper's intentions were with his comments on The LLS?

You didn't think he had it in him yet you're certain he now has?

Main Street

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 16, 2017, 11:38:19 AM

How is that people know what Cooper's intentions were with his comments on The LLS?
The question is, how is it that you don't get it?

QuoteYou didn't think he had it in him yet you're certain he now has?
Hmm such an important question. I'll have to ponder about certainties based upon appreciation of a quality spoof.
This will take time.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on October 16, 2017, 11:58:15 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on October 16, 2017, 11:38:19 AM

The question is, how is it that you don't get it?

QuoteYou didn't think he had it in him yet you're certain he now has?
Hmm such an important question. I'll have to ponder about certainties based upon appreciation of a quality spoof.
This will take time.
No, the question was clearly "How is that people know what Cooper's intentions were with his comments on The LLS?" I've just checked and that's what I typed.

We're talking about a GAA lad making cash. Nothing about this is important. But take your time. Maybe don't post for a while so it gets your complete attention. We don't want your accuracy record to be tarnished.

imtommygunn

On another note I see he coached st brigids to a belfast u16 title at the weekend there. At least for all his bluster he is actually putting something back in.

Ridiculous article though.

longballin

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 16, 2017, 02:36:06 PM
On another note I see he coached st brigids to a belfast u16 title at the weekend there. At least for all his bluster he is actually putting something back in.

Ridiculous article though.

has been coaching underage teams there for years... keep up

Main Street

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 16, 2017, 12:05:09 PM

No, the question was clearly "How is that people know what Cooper's intentions were with his comments on The LLS?" I've just checked and that's what I type

We're talking about a GAA lad making cash. Nothing about this is important. But take your time. Maybe don't post for a while so it gets your complete attention. We don't want your accuracy record to be tarnished.
I don't know how people know, it's their knowing.

Possibly read the text of what Cooper said and you might figure it out for yourself, it might assist the process if you removed the poker from your backside.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on October 16, 2017, 05:56:00 PM

No, the question was clearly "How is that people know what Cooper's intentions were with his comments on The LLS?" I've just checked and that's what I type

Possibly read the text of what Cooper said and you might figure it out for yourself, it might assist the process if you removed the poker from your backside.
Hold on. You said "another sucker for the Cooper story" and "there are plenty that didn't get it on here" yet you say that I have a poker up my arse?

You can see where I'm coming from?

Beffs

Quote from: Itchy on October 15, 2017, 11:32:13 PM
I thought it was funny. Sums up the Kerry man very well.

Me too.

It does come across a tad bitchy alright, but I'd be lying if I denied that that level of mockery can be very, very funny at times. If the army of former Kerry players that have media gigs, didn't all sing from the same hymn sheet, in such an obvious way, perhaps it wouldn't be as easy to take piss out of them.

Main Street

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 16, 2017, 06:26:40 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 16, 2017, 05:56:00 PM

Hold on. You said "another sucker for the Cooper story" and "there are plenty that didn't get it on here" yet you say that I have a poker up my arse?

You can see where I'm coming from?
Hold on!!!
Jeésus Joe, you had me fooled for a while there, masquerading as a pedantic moron.

thewobbler

I pretty much always enjoy Brolly's column, even when I don't agree with him.

But this wasn't a good one. It's basically telling the same average joke in each of 20 consecutive paragraphs. I understand that humour is often based on repetition, but this was dull.

- -

Plus, I'm still trying to work out why it's okay for one former player to make a large six figure sum indirectly from the Association i.e. himself, but not for another.

Esmarelda

Ah, the inevitable and predictable insult and avoidance of the points made. I'll put in a smiley to show that I know I'm right and you're wrong  ;D