FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 19, 2019, 04:27:46 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 19, 2019, 04:04:30 PM
Is the 3 handpsss rule still being used for this final?

Yes

No.

Connacht GAA

following decision made at Central Council today, and in agreement with the two counties, Connacht GAA have agreed that only the four new rules as approved will be used in tomorrow's FBD Insurance final. The proposed handpass rule will not be used in tomorrow's final.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 19, 2019, 05:14:13 PM

Yes

No.

Connacht GAA

following decision made at Central Council today, and in agreement with the two counties, Connacht GAA have agreed that only the four new rules as approved will be used in tomorrow's FBD Insurance final. The proposed handpass rule will not be used in tomorrow's final.
;D Only in the GAA would you have a competition changing rules mid stream, is the McKenna Cup going to retain the handpass rule for the final this evening I wonder?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 19, 2019, 05:45:39 PM

Yes

No.

Connacht GAA

;D Only in the GAA would you have a competition changing rules mid stream, is the McKenna Cup going to retain the handpass rule for the final this evening I wonder?

John Prenty's idea of preserving the integrity of the competition once more?

delgany

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 19, 2019, 06:17:23 PM

Yes

No.

Connacht GAA

No   it was agreed to not use it for the match tonight

galwayman

Quote from: delgany on January 19, 2019, 11:36:14 PM

Yes
Have to say in this instance I think it's common sense.
The handpass rule is now officially dead in the water so it makes sense to play without it today.

No.

Connacht GAA

No   it was agreed to not use it for the match tonight

spuds

Yes

No.

Connacht GAA

Yeah, teams want to play with experimental rules with league starting next weekend with the 3 hand pass been done away with! Not so obvious captain?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Cunny Funt

Quote from: spuds on January 20, 2019, 10:22:10 AM

Yes

No.

Connacht GAA

Yeah, teams want to play with experimental rules with league starting next weekend with the 3 hand pass been done away with! Not so obvious captain?

John Prenty and preserving the integrity of the competition. It's fairly obvious that you weren't following last years FBD if you missed that classic line!

galwayman

Duane and Fintan Cooney in for Farragher and McDaid.

Blowitupref

HT Galway 0-4 Roscommon 0-6. A tough hard hitting contest by all accounts.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 20, 2019, 02:21:15 PM
HT Galway 0-4 Roscommon 0-6. A tough hard hitting contest by all accounts.
Indeed. Referee has pretty much lost control of it already.
He's not helping himself

spuds

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 20, 2019, 12:36:38 PM
Quote from: spuds on January 20, 2019, 10:22:10 AM

Yes

No.

Connacht GAA

John Prenty and preserving the integrity of the competition. It's fairly obvious that you weren't following last years FBD if you missed that classic line!

You think playing today's game with a rule that is not being used anymore is preserving the integrity of the competition?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Blowitupref

33 minutes gone in the 2nd half Galway 1-5 Roscommon 0-13
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

Granted it's just the FBD league but only six scores in a 70 match isn't a good look.

Blowitupref

FT Roscommon 0-13 Galway 1-5.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 20, 2019, 03:13:54 PM
Granted it's just the FBD league but only six scores in a 70 match isn't a good look.

Sounded like a fairly putrid display but not sure you can read much from FBD with it being played in the middle of Sigerson games, challenge games, hard training, etc. Usually the side that wants the win more on the day wins.

How did your man from Underdogs do I wonder?