North Spain Mini road trip

Started by ludermor, March 28, 2012, 02:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Ive booked 5 days to north Spain ( Santander) for the june bank holiday. I was thinking of a road trip taking in Bilboa , San Sebastian/Biarritz  and heading into the Pyrenees and back to Santandar through Pamplona . anyone know much about this part of Spain?
I would love to head the other direction at some stage as well ( but not this trip) and go along the coast to Santiago De Compostela.

ballinaman

I was in Santander for a week in 2005, not a whole lot to the city apart from the beach (whopper of a nudist beach too,read the signs...haha). Full of Spanish tourists there, seems to be where they holiday in that part of Spain. Bilbao is well worth a look, good few bars things to do and the basque region in general. San Seb is class, has to be done. Couple of days on the beach in Santander and then head east.

ludermor

Ill be flying back to london on the tuesday then 2 days work and off to Berlin for the euros..............might get a train to berlin from Spain yet !

Gold

Quote from: ludermor on March 28, 2012, 04:13:54 PM
Ill be flying back to london on the tuesday then 2 days work and off to Berlin for the euros..............might get a train to berlin from Spain yet !

What's your job and how can i get one?!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ludermor

Quote from: Gold on March 28, 2012, 10:50:10 PM
Quote from: ludermor on March 28, 2012, 04:13:54 PM

What's your job and how can i get one?!
so you dont get holidays in your job? Thanks to the Lizzie celebration there is a long long weekend?

CiKe

this with the missus? If so drop me a PM, for some good restaurants. San Sebastian has to be done as mentioned previously and you can  do La Rioja as well for a day, probably on the way back (though maybe requires designated driver if not staying over night there...). Unless you want to spend most of the time in the car, probably pushing it a bit to go to the Pyrennees, but can do some good hiking in the Basque country, but considering you're flying into Santander probably better is a a day in Picos de Europa. Don't miss San Juan de Gaztelugatxe on the coast between "Bilbo" and San Sebasitian

ludermor