Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on August 26, 2020, 07:37:14 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 26, 2020, 07:24:28 PM
What a bizarre thing to say....

The point is that you can maybe maybe maybe whatever the f**k you want. He was found guilty. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

First you have equated a fella that got in a scrape after a few beers with a mass murderer who caused untold suffering around Manchester. If others posters had said it there'd be 'feigned' outrage....

Secondly, keep up, he's been granted an appeal and is now innocent til proven guilty.

Lastly as I said the other night you value your own opinion too highly. We're just exchanging views on a forum not waiting for you to cast your decision

gallsman

I haven't equated anything. If you don't understand that then, again, I can't help you. Maybe look up the definition of "hyperbole" for a start.

I also suggest you read up on how the law works. He has been found guilty and convicted. That is a statement of fact, not opinion. Being granted leave to appeal a conviction does not void it. He hasn't been granted a retrial or anything, although he may receive one in future pending the outcome of the appeal.. The fact you don't like a particular fact (out of some absolutely bizarre tribal loyalty to someone because they happen to play for the football team you support) and somehow use that to talk about my opinions suggests you issue lies with you, not me.

Boycey

I'm not an expert on Greek law but this seems reasonably plausible to me

"An appeal against yesterday's verdict was lodged this morning by Harry's legal team. In accordance with the Greek judicial process, the filing of an appeal extinguishes the initial court verdict and nullifies the conviction.

"The appeal has been accepted and will lead to a full retrial in a more senior court. This means that Harry has no criminal record and is once again presumed innocent until proven guilty.

"Accordingly, he is not subject to any international travel restrictions."

I'm not 15 who he plays for makes no odds to me, if the higher court finds him guilty so be it.... Still a bizarre comment

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on August 26, 2020, 09:14:36 PM
I'm not an expert on Greek law but this seems reasonably plausible to me

"An appeal against yesterday's verdict was lodged this morning by Harry's legal team. In accordance with the Greek judicial process, the filing of an appeal extinguishes the initial court verdict and nullifies the conviction.

"The appeal has been accepted and will lead to a full retrial in a more senior court. This means that Harry has no criminal record and is once again presumed innocent until proven guilty.

"Accordingly, he is not subject to any international travel restrictions."

I'm not 15 who he plays for makes no odds to me, if the higher court finds him guilty so be it.... Still a bizarre comment

I'd say the more senior court then will have a more detailed hearing.  That makes sense as to why it was pushed through so fast. He's guilty of something, if only being a dick, but for now he is innocent in the eyes of the Greek law....it really is a tragedy....Zeus knows how it may end up....

Boycey

If being a dick with a few beers is a crime then a lot of us be inside  :). If he guilty of more serious stuff fine by me too. Fairly plausible article on The Athletic about it yesterday. Someone will inevitably say it's the Brits defending their own against Johnny Foreigner but let's face it the tabloids don't often hold back when they get a Premier League star in their sights.

The Harold Shipman thing was a cheap shot.

gallsman

Again you either fail to understand or are being willfully ignorant.

I did not equate Harry Maguire with Harold Shipman. I was pointing out the ridiculousness of saying someone could be innocent who had already been found guilty. You could argue ad nauseam that anyone ever convicted of anything "could" be innocent. The target of the jibe is clearly the poster, not Maguire

I only used Shipman as he had been in my head having recently been used to mock Andrew Neil on Twitter over his nonsense that Rule Britannia was great and that without the empire and navy, Britain would never have been able to end the slave trade they were a huge participant in. It went something like "Harold Shipman never gets enough credit for ending his killing spree, does he?"

That's literally all there is to it. If you think that's a "cheap shot" that somehow equates Maguire or his crimes with Shipman's or impinges his reputation (and appear a tad personally upset by it) then I'd refer you back to the tribal affiliation piece you claim has nothing to do with things.

Boycey

Ah look it's getting weird now I do understand your posts just don't agree and with greatest respect I'm not 'ignorant' either.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Boycey on August 26, 2020, 08:22:54 PM

The point is that you can maybe maybe maybe whatever the f**k you want. He was found guilty. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

First you have equated a fella that got in a scrape after a few beers with a mass murderer who caused untold suffering around Manchester. If others posters had said it there'd be 'feigned' outrage....

Secondly, keep up, he's been granted an appeal and is now innocent til proven guilty.

Lastly as I said the other night you value your own opinion too highly. We're just exchanging views on a forum not waiting for you to cast your decision

The irony levels of this are off the meter.

Boycey

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 27, 2020, 01:00:23 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 26, 2020, 08:22:54 PM

The irony levels of this are off the meter.

?

Cunny Funt

The preparations for the new season aren't going too well would be understatement. Still no signings when at least 3 are required, the club captain Harold Maguire getting himself involved in that carry on in Greece. Both left backs Shaw, Williams nursing injuries. Wan Bissaka having issues on where he went on holidays  and now Pogba tests positive for Covid.

Boycey

The script has been written over recent years, don't qualify for CL invest heavily, qualify for CL invest relatively poorly .. Big penalty clauses on sponsorship deals etc don't kick in til 2nd year of no CL so pressure off again for now.

Hard to know where they are with transfers, hard to know the finances because of Covid? Same at most clubs? I know Utd took out a loan facility of £180m or something like that a while back. I thought Utds transfer rested on Pogba leaving and reinvesting that money but again Covid has scuppered that possibility.

Cunny Funt

The script for business men running this football club it seems alright.

brokencrossbar1

Like every club United need players but what type of player are they looking and who are they likely to get?

Milltown Row2

They need a Vidic a Kean and Scholes type player for starters..

A Denis Irwin would also be great
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Woodward playing his cards close to his chest and realising there's nothing when he sneaks a peak.