China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Maybe racist sc**bag Noel Grealish might now decide to quit politics forever

Yeah right, some hope

The very definition of useless career politician, ie. somebody in it for himself, and not for anybody else

imtommygunn

QuoteImagine throwing a hissy fit because you didn't get the job, then getting the job because of your predecessor's transgression and after less than 2 months in said job having to resign because of your own transgressions. Our politicians are not the brightest

Saw that on twitter. Had to laugh.

At least resigning is still a thing in the 26. There are a lot of politicians between the north and england who should have resigned many times over so it is at least good to see that someone somewhere has some accountability.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 21, 2020, 09:03:48 AM
QuoteImagine throwing a hissy fit because you didn't get the job, then getting the job because of your predecessor's transgression and after less than 2 months in said job having to resign because of your own transgressions. Our politicians are not the brightest

At least resigning is still a thing in the 26. There are a lot of politicians between the north and england who should have resigned many times over so it is at least good to see that someone somewhere has some accountability.

Did SF's Mc Kay and SDLP's Conal? not quit/resign etc. over issues a few years ago?

imtommygunn

Good point actually. Forget about them. Also McElduff.

I guess Cummings and various others were in the forefront of my mind and I forgot!

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on August 21, 2020, 10:19:11 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 21, 2020, 09:03:48 AM

Did SF's Mc Kay and SDLP's Conal? not quit/resign etc. over issues a few years ago?

Mike Nesbitt also resigned in the early days of the pandemic.

JohnDenver

On the subject of resigning - am I right in thinking that Calleary will still be eligible for his full ministerial pension?

sid waddell

Quote from: JohnDenver on August 21, 2020, 12:20:56 PM
On the subject of resigning - am I right in thinking that Calleary will still be eligible for his full ministerial pension?
No, you have to do two years as a minister rather than two weeks

marty34

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 12:36:19 PM

Is he still a TD or does he just lose his ministry?

gallsman

Quote from: marty34 on August 21, 2020, 01:11:55 PM

Resigned the ministry.

marty34

Quote from: gallsman on August 21, 2020, 01:36:45 PM

Resigned the ministry.

So he basically just takes a step down for a while...keeps his nose clean and then he'll be in the running again in a few months.

Cunny Funt

Kildare restrictions extended for two more weeks. Laois and Offaly measures lifted with immediate effect.

gallsman

Quote from: marty34 on August 21, 2020, 03:20:05 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 21, 2020, 01:36:45 PM

Resigned the ministry.

So he basically just takes a step down for a while...keeps his nose clean and then he'll be in the running again in a few months.

Precisely.

Cunny Funt

Cases in the ROI this week = 732 (175 more than last week but we had more tests this week compared to last week)

Deaths reported = 6 ( Its not sure how many of those 6 happened this week and 3 deaths was denotified this week)

armaghniac

119 in 6 counties today, not so good, most European countries are less than that!  Covid seems to have done more damage to police barracks than the IRA campaign.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

larryin89

Trump announces a cure .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .