Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois fan

😂😂😂😂id love to know what port person was discussing a leinster campaign with you.

BallyroanAbu

Brody plays Portlaoise win,  I don't think they win without him.  He just sets the pace for them.  I can't see anyone in Port looking beyond Sunday.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Laois fan on September 27, 2019, 09:42:42 PM
  😂😂😂😂id love to know what port person was discussing a leinster campaign with you.
more than 1, and why not ?

Laoiseabu

No one in port is talking about a Leinster campaign . Mind games being played here by the Portlaoise poster I think .

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 27, 2019, 10:25:09 PM
No one in port is talking about a Leinster campaign . Mind games being played here by the Portlaoise poster I think .
haha, the match will be fought here through mind games ! Good god, your giving this page more credit than is due.

High Fielder

Great stuff in the first match today. Port set a furious gallop and it was noticeable how tired they were in the second half. To their credit, they mustered up the strength to be competitive late in the game. There were some shocking calls by the officials, particularly when Portlaoise had Port cornered. I don't blame Rigney for losing the cool, because that sort of fussiness on the tackle is ridiculous. Maurice didn't help, and nor did an unusually proactive 4th official. Let them at it lads. The less we see of you the better. The flurry of cards looked to me like an attempt to exert control. Sadly he had lost it by then.

Neutralobserver

after all the titles Portlaoise have won it would have been easy for then to throw in the trowel but the hunger they showed to get back into and win the game is a credit to all involved

The Monument Road

Great excitement In the first game..was hugely impressed with portlaoise. That was the best fight back I've seen from them ever. They have style but they also have serious fight..and Bruno what more can be said about him.
.as for the ref enough said..18 minutes over time combined is a joke. He needed the help of maurice to know who he had previously booked..

Don Draper

Tarpey is a fine ref, I wouldn't be too hard on him. He's a wonderful addition to the scene.

High Fielder

Must have been an off day for him so  8) It's never justifiable for a coach to go on to the field of play and point the finger, but it was some mess at times.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on September 30, 2019, 09:27:22 AM
Must have been an off day for him so  8) It's never justifiable for a coach to go on to the field of play and point the finger, but it was some mess at times.
Have you seen much of him? Any player who's played under him would speak highly of him. Anyone can have an off day, but he's much better than the vast majority of what we currently have. More referees coming into the game after finishing playing are to be commended, not chipped at online.

Silkyskillssunshinee

I'd say a strong core of the county set up next year will be coming from Portarlington and Portlaoise.

From Portarlington you have Sean Byrne, Paddy O'Sullivan, Robbie Pigott and Colm Murphy. I would also like to see Adam Ryan, Diarmuid Bennett, Keith Bracken and Jason Moore be given opportunities. Hopefully they can show what they're about in the divisional competition.

From Portlaoise then you have Benny Carroll, Graham Brody, David Seale, Brian Glynn and Gareth Dillon. I'd also make claims that Ciaran McEvoy and Frank Flanagan are worthy of places on the panel. Gary Saunders is also very good, but leave him to play U-20 next year. Although Kieran Lillis and Conor Boyle are nice footballers, I'm not sure they have the pace for inter-county anymore.

High Fielder

Quote from: Don Draper on September 30, 2019, 09:44:38 AM
Quote from: High Fielder on September 30, 2019, 09:27:22 AM
Have you seen much of him? Any player who's played under him would speak highly of him. Anyone can have an off day, but he's much better than the vast majority of what we currently have. More referees coming into the game after finishing playing are to be commended, not chipped at online.

I've seen plenty of him. He had a bad day, and we all have them. Nobody's chipping, and we'd all rather be talking about the football, but that was interrupted by his bad day and decision making. We got the right result in the end, and that's all that really matters. Port's day will come if they stick together

the sash

if mick tarpey was the sergeant in portarlington, would he have been allowed to ref that game yesterday?

Don Draper

Quote from: the sash on September 30, 2019, 10:09:47 AM
if mick tarpey was the sergeant in portarlington, would he have been allowed to ref that game yesterday?
Leave the mans work out of it, a foolish statement.