Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Id put Niall Mc Keever down for at least 4 clean catches that ended up in St Galls possession, and Dermot Mc Aleese for half a dozen penetrating runs plus about 3 points from play. Ifs and Buts.

Question is...why was Conor John NOT on the field?

imtommygunn

Exactly. Ifs and buts. They don't change anything.

Christmas Lights

They dont but perhaps an * against the PG1 win considering its against a CJ McGourtyless St Galls, West Belfast?

If he is on the field, I dont see SGWB lose that game.

themac_23

JFC Semi on hold, looks like O'Dees won their appeal, wonder where it goes from here

Belfast GAA man

No floodlights at a Belfast grass venue is a disgrace - is Corrigan getting them? are LD's bRoken?

Jerome Quinn fair play to you 2,100 plus watching the drama last night - take a bow Jerome and the 2 teams who were both worthy of a victorY

Calm Down

Quote from: themac_23 on September 02, 2020, 12:28:39 PM
JFC Semi on hold, looks like O'Dees won their appeal, wonder where it goes from here

Where have you heard this from?

Rodger Mona

Was lucky to get a ticket to dunsilly last night courtesy of a friend of mine, and i have to say that was one of the best games id been to as long time. Casements definetly bring excitement to the championship with how they play and St.Galls were at the best iv seen them in years. Aidan Gallagher outstanding along with Niblock. Though you would of put your house on Bradley to slot that over and see them through. Honestly dont see what the unmerited criticism is, thought mcauley was 'fair' to both. you can always point to decisions not being called right but id be looking more at the consistency of ref decisions so players can respond and they know whats a tackle and whats a foul and to be honest McAuley very consistent last night.

Two big semi finals. Wouldnt like to call any, any with such a short turn around in games the depth of the panels will be a major factor on who gets there. Who all do we fancy to reach the final off the back of what wev seen so far. Im hope BS off the back of your previous comment regarding st.galls being heavy favourites that you got a nice wee lift from the bookies today having backed the black and gold

themac_23

Quote from: Calm Down on September 02, 2020, 12:52:10 PM

Paddy Tierney on Twitter:

The Antrim JFC semi-final between
@patrickpearses
and
@comgallsgaa
has been postponed after the Ulster Council upheld an appeal from
@GacOdonnells
  - case has been sent back to Antrim CCC for "reprocessing"

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 02, 2020, 12:39:24 PM
No floodlights at a Belfast grass venue is a disgrace - is Corrigan getting them? are LD's bRoken?

Jerome Quinn fair play to you 2,100 plus watching the drama last night - take a bow Jerome and the 2 teams who were both worthy of a victorY

City clubs spent all the money on outside coaches 🤷‍♂️

bannside

I resisted the temptation to take advantage of the odds which I thought were wrong. I saw it as 50/50 all the way. Glad I didnt invest....the result was a draw and the bet would have been beaten. Yea Casements dont do it the easy way.  Saturday a new game.

imtommygunn

Quote from: themac_23 on September 02, 2020, 12:56:01 PM
Quote from: Calm Down on September 02, 2020, 12:52:10 PM

Paddy Tierney on Twitter:

The Antrim JFC semi-final between
@patrickpearses
and
@comgallsgaa
has been postponed after the Ulster Council upheld an appeal from
@GacOdonnells
  - case has been sent back to Antrim CCC for "reprocessing"

Wonder was it that boy who registered here complaining lol.

IMO the best way to resolve that would be to discount the Mitchels games and take the best score difference or head to head - whichever one it is supposed to be.

BS you don't do things the easy way. Should be another good one against Creggan. Cargin LD could be a clinker or a damp squib. Cargin look to be in cruise control thus far so unless LD step it up then Cargin may win handy enough. I see Shivers scored 7 points last night. I think he's going to be a good one.

Calm Down

I see both Senior games set for Saturday

Creggan v PG1, 1pm Ahoghill

Cargin v LD 4pm, Hightown

asaffgael

What is the predictions for the semis?

Calm Down

Calm Down

Any word on when the IFC semi finals are due to be played?