2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

My ratings no disrespect to anyone as i know howmuch commitment it takes .

Brody 9 -Two crucial saves at crucial times  kickouts excellent aswell

S Attride 6 -Not one of Stephens best games  alot more comfotable in the half backs
M Timmons 8-Tough time early on but grew into the game and was a leader in the 2nd half
G Dillon 6-Poor game by his recent standards seem to struggle on his wrong side at corner back
M Scully 7- solid adds bite to the half back line must improve tackling
R Pigott 6-okay at times still think number 6 isnt his positionin the backs
C Begley 7- Few good marks went out of it for a while  but good in the last 20 when it counted
J O'Loughlin 9 - Best game in years looks a lot fitter this year.keep the left foot shots to a minimum John:-)
K Lillis 7- was on  good player struggled at times But kick passing was exceptional
S Byrne 6 In and out of the game still signs are defo there that he is a county player for the present
B Carroll 7- Grew into the game after a very weak start intelligent player with good pace and hand passing
C Boyle 6-Not in the game much but under used in the first half when he was in space
R Munnelly 8 - wow 100 games i think he has scored 7-100 the gift that just keeps giving
E O'Carroll 9- Unplayable at times a great talent needs to practise his frees and must be kept fresh
D Kingston 7 -Surprised he got subbed was threat  without being near his best

Subs: T Collins 7- A decent shift from an honest player
S O'Flynn  7- added good drive and pace to proceedings
C Murphy 5 - showed well but lost the ball 3 times one which was a crucial turnover that nearly cost us
E Lowry  7 A short spell but scored and was composed
P Cahillane Not on long enough to rate great talent to have on the bench

Sugure needs to take credit for the changes as well.

Anyone know why Paul Kingston wasn't togged out?????
Was named in the programme but not there on the line
LAOIS ABÚ

les Antiques

He was centre forward for A/K last week in the Kelly Cup. .Hasn't been involved as much since Cahillanes return.

Chrimtain

I think I detect a hint of frustration at the inconsistency displayed by the team in recent matches in John Sugrue's comments after the match. I would hope not. I think he is the best thing to happen to Laois football in years.

Giovanni

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 04, 2019, 03:50:20 PM
My ratings no disrespect to anyone as i know howmuch commitment it takes .

Brody 9 -Two crucial saves at crucial times  kickouts excellent aswell

S Attride 6 -Not one of Stephens best games  alot more comfotable in the half backs
M Timmons 8-Tough time early on but grew into the game and was a leader in the 2nd half
G Dillon 6-Poor game by his recent standards seem to struggle on his wrong side at corner back
M Scully 7- solid adds bite to the half back line must improve tackling
R Pigott 6-okay at times still think number 6 isnt his positionin the backs
C Begley 7- Few good marks went out of it for a while  but good in the last 20 when it counted
J O'Loughlin 9 - Best game in years looks a lot fitter this year.keep the left foot shots to a minimum John:-)
K Lillis 7- was on  good player struggled at times But kick passing was exceptional
S Byrne 6 In and out of the game still signs are defo there that he is a county player for the present
B Carroll 7- Grew into the game after a very weak start intelligent player with good pace and hand passing
C Boyle 6-Not in the game much but under used in the first half when he was in space
R Munnelly 8 - wow 100 games i think he has scored 7-100 the gift that just keeps giving
E O'Carroll 9- Unplayable at times a great talent needs to practise his frees and must be kept fresh
D Kingston 7 -Surprised he got subbed was threat  without being near his best

Subs: T Collins 7- A decent shift from an honest player
S O'Flynn  7- added good drive and pace to proceedings
C Murphy 5 - showed well but lost the ball 3 times one which was a crucial turnover that nearly cost us
E Lowry  7 A short spell but scored and was composed
P Cahillane Not on long enough to rate great talent to have on the bench

Sugure needs to take credit for the changes as well.

Anyone know why Paul Kingston wasn't togged out?????
Was named in the programme but not there on the line

As usual a great summary of how the individuals fared but I thought maybe Benny Carroll deserved more than a 7. I thought that himself and John O (along with a few more) were immense in the last 20 minutes.

on the hop

Interesting to see if the team starts to settle down or will changes continued to be made. There has been a few injuries but the panel seems very open ended and a lot of players tried. A few players who started or were involved in earlier games are not making the subs now. Anybody know who is on the panel at the moment.

Nameless

The trialling of personnel and positions has been very worthwhile. I'd say Sugrue has learned a lot. It still appears to be quite a large squad and some more might get a chance to shine in the last two games. I'm not sure who's left but players will be cut soon, some will go with the u20's and others will have benefitted from their time with the squad and it could pay off at a future date for them. They see what it takes to make it at inter county level and they have the opportunity to work hard on what they need to improve if they have the interest and determination to do so. Having a chat with Ross Munnelly should give them a fair idea on what's required.
Looking at the starting team. It looks like only 7 positions have been decided upon. Keeper Brody, full back Timmons, one corner Dillon, wing back Begley, midfield O'Loughlin, full forward line of Kingston and O'Carroll. The other corner back position is between Seale, Collins and Attride. Wing back Attride, Scully, Collins or O'Connor, we also have a number of other half back options on the squad. Centre back appears to be between Attride and Piggott, of course Begley can go back there but they seem to want him on the wing. Lillis and Meaney will battle it out for the other midfield position unless Quigley makes an amazing recovery. The half forward line is up in the air. Boyle has been there the whole league. Kingston didn't work out at centre forward despite some promise. O'Connor has been in and out. Then we have Carroll doing very well the last day. Scully looking good when moved forward. Byrne started a few games, O'Flynn showed promise coming on, Lowry is an option and there's a good few more also. The other corner forward spot is between Ross, Cahilane, Murphy and possibly Barry and Paul Kingston. I'm probably forgetting some but I think that's the lay of the land.

les Antiques

Big game on Saturday.  Can see Championship esqu team starting . Panel due to be cut after the weekend.

vetoldthe

One thing for sure Offaly will give this game everything
so our players need to be ready from the word go.
remember the last time Offaly in tullamore beat us
to but us down to div.4,  and that not long ago,

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Good attacking team named. Should be well able for the 2 points against a struggling Offaly team.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Chrimtain

Quote from: redsetanta on March 15, 2019, 10:12:13 AM
Good attacking team named. Should be well able for the 2 points against a struggling Offaly team.

Hope you are right redsetanta. It won't be easy.

redsetanta

LAOIS:
Graham Brody;
Stephen Attride, Mark Timmons, Gareth Dillon;
Trevor Collins, Colm Begley, Marty Scully;
John O'Loughlin, Kieran Lillis;
Eoin Lowry, Donie Kingston, Benny Carroll;
Ross Munnelly, Evan O'Carroll, Colm Murphy

That team is well capable of scoring 1-14 or 1-15 which will beat Offaly.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

I think Offaly are more unlucky than struggling at the moment,  a couple of points here and there and they would be going for promotion.  It's a home game I would not have this as gimme.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Offaly sent us down to Div.4 two years ago beating us by one point and delighting in it, hopefully we can get our own back on Saturday and do the same to them.  #revengeissweet#

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!