The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: bennydorano on April 02, 2018, 01:10:28 PM
No way, Egotistical and all as Mayweather is he's bound to realise he'd be murdered - in a lot less safer environment than the boxing ring.
Hard to point to  a murder when you think about the skillsets.
CMG isn't a wrestler and isn't known for his takedowns.  When Boxers have tried MMA they have been beaten by elite wrestlers.
CMG has a similar ego and would want to stand with FMW for a while. I'd be interested in seeing that.
FMW is an athlete and all he would need would be a good sprawl to avoid CMG's amateurish takedown attempts. He also would have decent power with smaller gloves on and could catch CMG.  Makes it all very interesting for me.

For reference watch Ray Mercer versus Tim Sylvia. Standup MMA fighter versus Boxer. (granted Silva was done at that point) When you remove takedowns from the fight it's a different story....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

bennydorano

Really, I cant see anything else other than a playful string it along McGregor win if it were to happen. What springs to my mind is International Rules with he Aussies,  a GAA match wouldn't be as comprehensively one sided as an Aussie Rules game.

gallsman

Wasn't there a no grappling gentleman's agreement between Mercer and Sylvia?

McGregor would leg him once or throw a teep square into his stomach and Floyd wouldn't know what the hell was going on.

nrico2006

McGregor is not a world class wrestler or BJJ exponent but he has plenty of skills in these disciplines as they have been part of his training for years. McGregor can also add in his kicking ability to the equation.
These skills alone would be enough to win the contest as Mayweather would be a novice at trying to defend against this. The flip side is that if the fight can be kept upright then Mayweathers speed and power could end it just as easily. Plus, Mayweather has said he is planning to train for 6 months on Octagon with Woodley. The result wont affect his boxing legacy either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gabriel_Hurl

Conor losing the plot at the UFC223 presser - he's been arrested now according to reports

https://deadspin.com/conor-mcgregor-crashes-ufc-223-presser-throws-barricad-1825020737

The Iceman

he has lost the plot altogether - or they are all part of a big script to gain attention for McGregor v Khabib in Russia in September
The money and notoriety has gone to his head - I've been following him since his amateur days and he said some rare things back then but this behaviour is way over the line... embarassing
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote@bokamotoESPN

Dana White said warrant is out for Conor McGregor's arrest. His plane can't leave New York.

yellowcard

I've always had a feeling that this will end badly, he is simply not equipped to handle the fame and has gone completely off the rails.

Don Johnson

This is WWE-esque script writing, fair play.

gallsman

Lobov has already been cut from the card and the Maclife guys have had their credentials revoked. Good few careers ruined this afternoon.

I see Charlie Ward was there. Surprised he didn't knock himself out amidst the chaos.

screenexile

Hardly surprising he's a complete sc**bag!!

People tried to say he was cultivating this image as if he's some kind of shrewd businessman and it's all an act??

Word is he isn't arrested but he should be and banned! He's a total irrelevance now!

MoChara

Quote from: Don Johnson on April 05, 2018, 08:46:41 PM
This is WWE-esque script writing, fair play.

Reminds me of the cut scenes of Austin chasing Vinny Mac in the limo.

Maybe coincidence but wrestlemania is on this weekend as well as the UFC

tonto1888

Quote from: screenexile on April 05, 2018, 09:09:16 PM

People tried to say he was cultivating this image as if he's some kind of shrewd businessman and it's all an act??

Word is he isn't arrested but he should be and banned! He's a total irrelevance now!

Whatever else he may be he isn't an irrelevance

screenexile

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 05, 2018, 09:36:34 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 05, 2018, 09:09:16 PM

Whatever else he may be he isn't an irrelevance

He hasn't had a fight in a year and a half!!