The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

The Warren Commission didn't take as long.  So it seems Holgate was the only one who heard anything.  It would be a worrying development if he made it up. It's not an allegation that should be made lightly, for a number of obvious reasons.  I hope he genuinely believed he did hear something. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

TabClear

Quote from: Armamike on February 21, 2018, 11:58:20 PM
The Warren Commission didn't take as long.  So it seems Holgate was the only one who heard anything.  It would be a worrying development if he made it up. It's not an allegation that should be made lightly, for a number of obvious reasons.  I hope he genuinely believed he did hear something.

I think this was discussed at the time. Most likely scenario is a case of Firmino insulting him in portugueses and holgate mishearing/misinterpreting as racist. Hopefully Bobby can put it behind him and focus on improving his form and his technical ability , eh trileacman  ;)

Tony Baloney

All we need now is an apology from StGalls and the topic can be dropped.

Milltown Row2

There's no way a coloured man would be racist to another coloured man anyways!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

I would imagine in the heat other the moment, Holgate misheard firmino, but he most certainly should come out and apologise for it now  it is proven to be unfounded . Its a very serious allegation to make.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2018, 07:50:55 AM

Who's coloured?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 22, 2018, 09:00:17 AM

Who's coloured?

Firmino isnt white and nor is Holgate, one is black and the other is brown
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Reminds me of something I heard a black comedian say once...

When you are born, you're pink
When you're cold, you're blue
When you're sick, you're white or green
When you're in the sun you go red, and then brown
When you're embarrassed, you're red
When you die you're grey.

And you call me coloured!

brokencrossbar1

It's funny but I've seen people posting how Holgate orchestrated the whole thing to get out of hot water for bucking Bobby into the crowd. I don't but that at all. I don't know the lad but he strokes me as the kinda lad who doesn't have the brains he was born with. I don't think he'd have the mental dexterity to do such a thing!!

Anyway, the FA gave a bit of a mealy mouth report but the main thing is that it's over, Boby is clear and all is good in the world. Hopefully he can regain some form now thatbthis bruden is off his shoulders....should have a few t-shirts printed now in his support🤣

Milltown Row2

He's played very well lately, if he can improve on that then he'll be a top player at Liverpool (until someone puts a bid in)

He's probably taken on more responsibility since yer man has left for Barca

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 22, 2018, 09:26:54 AM
It's funny but I've seen people posting how Holgate orchestrated the whole thing to get out of hot water for bucking Bobby into the crowd. I don't but that at all. I don't know the lad but he strokes me as the kinda lad who doesn't have the brains he was born with. I don't think he'd have the mental dexterity to do such a thing!!

Anyway, the FA gave a bit of a mealy mouth report but the main thing is that it's over, Boby is clear and all is good in the world. Hopefully he can regain some form now thatbthis bruden is off his shoulders....should have a few t-shirts printed now in his support🤣
I agree, I dont think Holgate had the time (or the brains) to think, oh i could be in bother here, i should play the race card.
It is far more likely to me a misinterpretation/ mishearing of what Firmino actually said.
Regardless, I still think he should apologise. 
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Esmarelda

Holgate sounds like a terrible dunce altogether, based on hard evidence I presume.

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2018, 09:07:06 AM

Who's coloured?

Is white not a colour now?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 22, 2018, 12:25:34 PM

Who's coloured?

It is, but this was about being racist,  you know the story.. It was a brown coloured man who was blamed for being a racist to a black coloured man, not a white coloured man being racist to a black coloured man..

Unless there is a hierarchy in the colour of people. Does a Yellow colour man trump a black colour man?

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2018, 01:19:19 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 22, 2018, 12:25:34 PM

Who's coloured?

It is, but this was about being racist,  you know the story.. It was a brown coloured man who was blamed for being a racist to a black coloured man, not a white coloured man being racist to a black coloured man..

Unless there is a hierarchy in the colour of people. Does a Yellow colour man trump a black colour man?

I know you're not trying to be racist but inherently are using a term with racist connotations by describing a black person as coloured. We're all coloured.
My Da used to do the same and I'd pull his chain all the time also.
It must be a generational thing  ;)