Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Congrats Jim etc.

St Marys and our county will benefit from today...a great club that's progressing every year.

Nervy last 10 minutes!!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

Fantastic achievement. Will be interesting to see if any (or how many) of those involved progress to wearing Saffron for our seniors in the next few years.

Big shout out to John Mc Keever who was involved in Holy Trinitys all Ireland B college success beforehand.

Galer

Good to see so many antrim players involved in top end schools football.funny i remeber getting ridiculed on here for suggesting hot strong lurgan schools are

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: JimStynes on April 07, 2018, 08:52:14 PM
It might stop people travelling from Lurgan to St. Coleman's I'm Newry now. Lurgan is a Gaelic mad town and the buzz about the place is unreal. It'll take years for these lads to realise what they have done. The young ones in our club have some fantastic role models to look up to as well.

Fantastic achievement for the school and your club. it was brilliant to see.
hurl like f**k boi!

Pjoe

Early in the season I know, but the Belfast clubs seem to be picking up where they finished last year.  Both A & B boys Feile going to city clubs.  Could it be another clean sweep for Belfast? 

NAG1

Quote from: Pjoe on April 16, 2018, 03:47:23 PM
Early in the season I know, but the Belfast clubs seem to be picking up where they finished last year.  Both A & B boys Feile going to city clubs.  Could it be another clean sweep for Belfast?

What is the criteria for clubs selecting to go A or B?

Pjoe

In South Antrim its the CCC who decide if a club is A or B.

JimStynes

Whose turn is it to get all the good players from around the city this year?  ;)

paddyjohn

Quote from: JimStynes on April 16, 2018, 06:23:00 PM
Whose turn is it to get all the good players from around the city this year?  ;)

Holy Ghost.. this early in the season and your suggesting that?

bannside

Watched an excellent All Saints minor team last night. Confident there would be two or three potentially good county seniors in their ranks if they stay at it. Notably a midfielder too, really caught the eye.

Senior leagues start tonight. All quiet on here....everyone quietly optimistic as usual at this time of the year lol.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on April 18, 2018, 09:25:02 AM
Watched an excellent All Saints minor team last night. Confident there would be two or three potentially good county seniors in their ranks if they stay at it. Notably a midfielder too, really caught the eye.

Senior leagues start tonight. All quiet on here....everyone quietly optimistic as usual at this time of the year lol.

Tight lipped!!!!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

I think it will be a very interesting division one this year. Two or three teams (Cargin Lamhs and Johnnies) think they are number one, Galls haven't gone away, Creggan always thereabouts still chasing the big one (in recent terms) and then there are the rest.

Rossa always a dark horse, Aghagallon on a definite progress curve, Portglenone blow hot and cold and need consistency, and of the rest, everyone capable of picking up points on their day!

Anyone brave enough to predict the top six in descending order??

Dunsilly King

My predictions

Wed 18 Apr 2018
7 00 PM
St John's GAC v Naomh Gall
Corrigan Park
Brendan Toland 

Wed 18 Apr 2018
7 15 PM
O`Donovan Rossa v Naomh Treasa CLG
St Teresa's GAC
Pairc Rossa
Fionntan Mc Cotter 

Wed 18 Apr 2018
7 30 PM
Lamh Dhearg v Roger Casements Portglenone
Lamh Dhearg
Darren Mc Keown 

Wed 18 Apr 2018
8 00 PM
Naomh Muire Achadh Eochaille v Naomh Éanna
Ahoghill
Sean Laverty 

Wed 18 Apr 2018
8 00 PM
St. Mary's G.A.C. Aghagallon v Kickhams GAC Creggan
Pairc Na nGael
Eamonn Mc Auley 

Wed 18 Apr 2018
8 00 PM
Clan na hEireann Carragan v Naomh Seosamh/St Joseph's
Erin's Own Cargin
Karol Doherty 

theskull1

I hope everyone is supporting Saffron Gaels effort to promote whats going on across the county in all codes
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Some scoreline in the dunloy match -3-0 to 0-8 with apparently 2 goals in injury time!

Some interesting results there. St galls beating st johns, portglenone so close against lamh dhearg.