Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3836070 times)

Jesusjones

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #37980 on: July 17, 2018, 04:10:00 PM »
I don't think Dunloys facilities have anything to do with it. They happened to have a lot of very talented players and excellent coaches. If the players don't have the natural talent and the coaches aren't up to scratch it wouldn't matter if they trained in an Olympic village.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #37981 on: July 18, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »
I don't think Dunloys facilities have anything to do with it. They happened to have a lot of very talented players and excellent coaches. If the players don't have the natural talent and the coaches aren't up to scratch it wouldn't matter if they trained in an Olympic village.

agree with this. The facility is wonderful and it gives us, and other clubs, the ability to train all year around. But its the coaches and the natural talent that gets them to that level in all 3 codes.
hurl like f**k boi!

pdiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #37982 on: July 18, 2018, 11:29:45 PM »
I agree that you need 1) the right coaches, 2) the right type of player (with natural ability is a bonus)  but having 3) the facilities that Dunloy have make things so much easier. Full credit to them.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

SillyAsFaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #37983 on: July 20, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »
Couldnt make it to Creggan on Wednesday night to watch Carey so went to the Armoy and Randalstown game.

Do referees under go fitness tests? Dont think I have seen worse...

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #37984 on: July 20, 2018, 02:04:12 PM »
Couldnt make it to Creggan on Wednesday night to watch Carey so went to the Armoy and Randalstown game.

Be careful what you say. We know there is at least one very fit ref in Antrim.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37985 on: July 20, 2018, 02:08:33 PM »

Sure if they aint fit then they are blind and if they are fit and can see then they are cheats! Ya couldnt make it up, new course starts after Xmas,  ;)

Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #37986 on: July 20, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »
Do you not know the 11th commandment?

Though shalt not slag off referees in the vicinity of MR or you will face his wrath ;D

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #37987 on: July 20, 2018, 04:22:46 PM »

Though shalt not slag off referees in the vicinity of MR or you will face his wrath ;D

For once and only once. I'll agree with MR2.. The county is crying out for refs so all help would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37988 on: July 20, 2018, 06:38:46 PM »

Coming on a public forum and questioning a man giving up his time and the mans fitness is not on, I donít know the poster that did, he hides behind the keyboard, he could probably do with a fitness test himself  ;D

But to answer it, yes beep test is mandatory and rules test pass required for championship games
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Baile an tuaigh

• mac uilin clg 1907-2007Na Gleannta Glas d'Aontriom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37989 on: July 20, 2018, 07:07:38 PM »
I've turned my hand to referring myself.  Always thought I could do a good job. But it's not that simple.  Some qualities that help a ref is being able to keep up with the play and being a hurler also.

If you were to implement the rules by the book the game would very quickly be a match of frees. The rules in hurling are mere guide lines per say and not supposed to be enforced every time. The trick is to make sure you give the players justice in the moment. Some times you can get lucky depending on the personality your dealing with.

Explaining to players why you made a decision is good for communication. I often tell players if they are getting too feisty the cards are coming out.

In most instances if you approach the game honestly try your best players appreciate that.

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #37990 on: July 20, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »

Sign up then & give it a lash. Some of us on here either did our bit, or are doing it. Not quite as easy when you're out in the middle as it looks when you're hanging over the fence. But, rather than sound off, contribute something.