Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: belfastsaff on September 20, 2018, 02:49:58 PM
Quote from: saffron123 on September 20, 2018, 02:35:12 PM
Cushendall most improved team? How exactly?
they had the beating of a full strength Dunloy team with some of their main players missing

This
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 20, 2018, 06:25:57 PM
aye.  we're done. Dall or Dunloys to loose

You didn't here any dunloy posters discounting LG
Like I said it's 50/50
Would be shocked if the Dall don't win handy
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

maxpower

Dunloy are absolutely the favourites and rightly so, current league and county champions and unbeaten in 7 league/championship games against the teams that remain in the competition.

Why would anyone not want to be favourites, does losing hurt any less, do teams not try as hard?  I have no idea! My idea of favouritism is an assessment that if everyone plays to their absolute best, the favourite wins!

Dunloy will relish going in as favourites (albeit very marginal) it's a change from outsiders role we have performed the last 10 years.

Any one of the four teams can win this championship, next weekend promises to be a cracker!
What happens next????

cfclg

Quote from: maxpower on September 20, 2018, 11:12:07 PM
Dunloy are absolutely the favourites and rightly so, current league and county champions and unbeaten in 7 league/championship games against the teams that remain in the competition.

Why would anyone not want to be favourites, does losing hurt any less, do teams not try as hard?  I have no idea! My idea of favouritism is an assessment that if everyone plays to their absolute best, the favourite wins!

Dunloy will relish going in as favourites (albeit very marginal) it's a change from outsiders role we have performed the last 10 years.

Any one of the four teams can win this championship, next weekend promises to be a cracker!

I don't think so. St Johns aren't in that arena yet. Improving all the time but will be put away by Cushendall.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: belfastsaff on September 20, 2018, 02:49:58 PM
Quote from: saffron123 on September 20, 2018, 02:35:12 PM
Cushendall most improved team? How exactly?
they had the beating of a full strength Dunloy team with some of their main players missing

i left that game against Cdall in the group game relieved to have got the win and disappointed in our performance.

If the shoe was on the other foot and it had of been us missing players and only have lost by 1 point against a full Cdall team id of been quietly very happy with that.

Our footballers are out this weekend in the championship and we have 6 starters from that Cdall game involved with it so its a fingers crossed job we dont lose anyone for the Lgeil game.
hurl like f**k boi!

saffron123

Cushendall v St. Johns Saturday 29th @ 4:30 in Dunloy
Loughgiel v Dunloy Sunday 30th @ 3:30 in Ballycastle

maxpower

Quote from: saffron123 on September 21, 2018, 04:07:33 PM

Mouthwatering fixtures

I have no idea why some rank St John's as complete outsiders, gave Dunloy all they wanted in last years championship, 2 years ago had Cushendall to the pin of their collar and put up a very competitive display against Loughgiel in this years group stage.

They need a few things to go for them but they have the potential to win a championship!
What happens next????

Jesusjones

Quote from: maxpower on September 21, 2018, 10:05:10 PM
Quote from: saffron123 on September 21, 2018, 04:07:33 PM

Mouthwatering fixtures

I have no idea why some rank St John's as complete outsiders, gave Dunloy all they wanted in last years championship, 2 years ago had Cushendall to the pin of their collar and put up a very competitive display against Loughgiel in this years group stage.

They need a few things to go for them but they have the potential to win a championship!

We certainly are taking them very seriously after the scare they gave us a couple of years ago. They really should have beaten us and we went on to the All Ireland Final. They have a great panel of players who have won minor and under 21. They have the potential to step up to the next level and win a championship.

Sweeper 123

Division 2 relegation still not decided with Glenariffe beating Ballycastle last night - anyone of Glenariffe , Sarsfields and now tirnanog can go down with Armoy.

Seemed a strange result winning in Ballycastle, inflicting Ballycastles first defeat. But fair play to them

Minder

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on September 23, 2018, 11:29:48 AM
Division 2 relegation still not decided with Glenariffe beating Ballycastle last night - anyone of Glenariffe , Sarsfields and now tirnanog can go down with Armoy.

Seemed a strange result winning in Ballycastle, inflicting Ballycastles first defeat. But fair play to them

Wouldn't say it's that strange, can't imagine the Ballycastle players have lifted a stick since their championship defeat, and that's assuming they had their normal full team out.

Anyone any idea what's happening with the points from the abandoned Sarsfields v Armoy game in the summer? Not scheduled to be replayed on the fixture list
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

breakingball

Did it even get abandoned? 60 minuted were played.

Quote from: Minder on September 23, 2018, 11:45:28 AM

Wouldn't say it's that strange, can't imagine the Ballycastle players have lifted a stick since their championship defeat, and that's assuming they had their normal full team out.

Anyone any idea what's happening with the points from the abandoned Sarsfields v Armoy game in the summer? Not scheduled to be replayed on the fixture list

bogieman

It's not at all strange; out of championship, league points, relagation teams locations - math not hard

Ps. Ballycastle will decide this year's champions
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Jesusjones

Any predictions for the weekend? I'm not going to predict our own game but the rest as follows:
Creggan v St. Galls - St. Galls by 5
Cushendun v Glenarm - Cushendun by 4
Dunloy v Loughgiel - Dunloy by 6.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 25, 2018, 10:06:19 AM
Any predictions for the weekend? I'm not going to predict our own game but the rest as follows:
Creggan v St. Galls - St. Galls by 5
Cushendun v Glenarm - Cushendun by 4
Dunloy v Loughgiel - Dunloy by 6.
St. Galls by 3, Dun by 4, Dunloy by 2 and allow me to predict the Dall match - win pulling up with 5 points to spare.

Megaman

Creggan v St. Galls - Creggan 3
Cushendun v Glenarm - Cushendun by 10+
Dunloy v Loughgiel - Dunloy by 8