Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyland

I'm getting slightly fustrated with our lads. They are hard to work out. Last week we were poor against cushendall, starting very slow and as a result got what we deserved out of it which was nothing. Last night our first half was crap. No other way of putting it. Conceded 3 or 4 points in first 5 mins. Loughgiel were on fire and seemed to be on song with their slick passing and scoring some great scores much to the delight of the supporters! Second half we were completely different team, first to most balls, showed great fight and a bit of passion which was missing and completely turned game around, two quick clarkey goals. We should have held on for the win in the end. But probably over the hour a draw was a fair result.

As for the ref, i felt he was ok. Give a few soft frees to both at times but i wouldnt have any issue with way Jackie refffed it.

My main concern is our consistency. They are blowing so hot and cold. As a result i couldnt say how we will do come championship. If we turn up we will be a game for anyone, if we dont Glenariffe could beat us.

But as most of you posters have referred to over the past number of years, we will probably fold - because as you say thats what the town do.

Interesting times ahead.

Megaman

i know i shouldn't bother but.....

Firstly i had no idea who and where he was from.

whether it was intentional or not i have no idea.

i have no doubt in my mind that Dunloy got their frees a lot easier that Cushendall did.

i have no idea who the stat man is and dont see the relevance of that remark to my posts

its no big deal lads, it happens in matches sometimes intentional, sometimes not, its happened the other way for us before, i just find it funny some people are so blinkered to see it.

anyhow, lets move on from this as it seems to be too confusing for some people.

Good result for Ballycastle last night, i know its just league but from what i have saw of them this year i was very surprised.

johnneycool

Quote from: Megaman on August 08, 2013, 12:28:14 PM

i have no doubt in my mind that Dunloy got their frees a lot easier that Cushendall did.

i have no idea who the stat man is and dont see the relevance of that remark to my posts

its no big deal lads, it happens in matches sometimes intentional, sometimes not, its happened the other way for us before, i just find it funny some people are so blinkered to see it.

Good result for Ballycastle last night, i know its just league but from what i have saw of them this year i was very surprised.

Your clubmate, Jesus mentioned the stats man in another post on the frees subject.

theskull1

Am I the only one enjoying the irony here?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Can't say much about the second half, I left but what frees I seen him give I thought and so did the Dall lads I stood with was that they were frees!

As quoted by Johnny it was JJ who was talking about stats I was just wondering if he took all the stats in the match. People from most clubs are blinkered when a free is given against their club it's natural, I've yet to hear a supporter from a club shout well done referee, that was a foul by our player, book him lol!!

Moving on from it is good, to say referees give an advantage to one team over another is silly, what is it he will get out of it? I've yet to get an envelope with money in it ;)

Loughgiel and Cushendall from what I've seen are in the driving seat. Loughgiel have plenty in reserve as do Cushendall, they are doing enough to win league games and give plenty of fringe players time on the team which can only be a good thing. Baring any shocks I think these two will meet in the final and 4/1 for Cushendall is tasty but I think once Liam gets back from his injury ( ;D) Loughgiel will get over the line by 3
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

Irrespective of all that has been said, big J has played at the best level, managed and now has the stones to referee, and for a first year at it, I thought he did a spot on job! Well done big man, practice what you preach!

johnneycool

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 08, 2013, 03:51:17 PM
Irrespective of all that has been said, big J has played at the best level, managed and now has the stones to referee, and for a first year at it, I thought he did a spot on job! Well done big man, practice what you preach!

Good to see big Jackie at the refereeing, he gave them dogs abuse as a player and the few times I seen him manage the dall camogs, wonder does he take any stick from managers now he's the other side of the whistle?

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Leyland on August 08, 2013, 12:18:06 PM
I'm getting slightly fustrated with our lads. They are hard to work out. Last week we were poor against cushendall, starting very slow and as a result got what we deserved out of it which was nothing. Last night our first half was crap. No other way of putting it. Conceded 3 or 4 points in first 5 mins. Loughgiel were on fire and seemed to be on song with their slick passing and scoring some great scores much to the delight of the supporters! Second half we were completely different team, first to most balls, showed great fight and a bit of passion which was missing and completely turned game around, two quick clarkey goals. We should have held on for the win in the end. But probably over the hour a draw was a fair result.

As for the ref, i felt he was ok. Give a few soft frees to both at times but i wouldnt have any issue with way Jackie refffed it.

My main concern is our consistency. They are blowing so hot and cold. As a result i couldnt say how we will do come championship. If we turn up we will be a game for anyone, if we dont Glenariffe could beat us.

But as most of you posters have referred to over the past number of years, we will probably fold - because as you say thats what the town do.

Interesting times ahead.

No disagreement Leyland. If we can play 60 minutes like the second 30 last night we will give anybody a game. Only one thing. Loughgeil scored 17 times and we scored 13 times. We lose scores looking for goal. Theres goals in the forwards but should'nt look for them always.

Glensman

+1

ned

Quote from: Glensman on August 08, 2013, 08:20:51 PM

+1

Played football with Jackie and I can bet few on here would criticise his reffing to his face!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Glensman on August 08, 2013, 08:20:51 PM

+1

Great to see someone who knows the game (not just the rules) taking up the whistle.
Fair play jackie - home he has a good 2nd career at it.

Fairhead

Interesting times ahead.

Your spot on Leyland about consistency. I cant figure how what Ballycastle team is going to show up in the championship. Is it the one that put 4 goals past Dunloy, 6.17 vs Portaferry, the team that beat L'giel in the Feis and the team that put in a great 2nd half display against L'giel on Wed? Or is it the team that was poor against C'dall at home and Dunloy away or the one that struggled to get past a poor Rossa team at home?

One thing I do know is they are getting there. For example on Wed night they were 7 points down away to L'giel at half time. 1, 3, 5 years ago they would have lost that match by 10/12/15 points, we got a draw on Wed night so we are moving in the right direction. Let NAG and probably other people of his ilk on here think Ballycastle are bottlers but make no mistake the team is moving in the right direction and they wont be far away in the next couple of years.

Na Glinntí Glasa

ok this whole frees thing from wednesday night.

yes we got more frees than cdall did. cant disagree with that point. but what i will say is that cdall need to stop holding players. i was close enough to hear the ref tell one of the players why he blew him up. he told him 'youve got to stop holding onto a player in the tackle'. simple as.

you cant tackle a player and hold his arm etc and not expect a foul to be give. other fouls they conceeded were stupit like hands on the back, tripping etc. i think JJ your looking into this too much. the most of your frees were conceeded in your own half by your forwards. these included hands on the back, tripping and holding again.

regardless you had more shots on goal than we did, twice as many in fact so the free count wasnt going to count.

we scored 1-7 from frees and yous scored about 0-4 (1-4 if you count that short free) so it made little difference.

anyway, we played kack and if im honest so did Cdall in the second half. cant read into that game too much but i will say that the young lads in cdalls team impressed me. yous have alot of good talent being beded into your team which bodes well for use for the future.

sadly we are struggling due to having a poor run at underage for so many years.
hurl like f**k boi!

pullhard

Quote from: Fairhead on August 09, 2013, 01:17:43 AM

Interesting times ahead.

Your spot on Leyland about consistency. I cant figure how what Ballycastle team is going to show up in the championship. Is it the one that put 4 goals past Dunloy, 6.17 vs Portaferry, the team that beat L'giel in the Feis and the team that put in a great 2nd half display against L'giel on Wed? Or is it the team that was poor against C'dall at home and Dunloy away or the one that struggled to get past a poor Rossa team at home?

One thing I do know is they are getting there. For example on Wed night they were 7 points down away to L'giel at half time. 1, 3, 5 years ago they would have lost that match by 10/12/15 points, we got a draw on Wed night so we are moving in the right direction. Let NAG and probably other people of his ilk on here think Ballycastle are bottlers but make no mistake the team is moving in the right direction and they wont be far away in the next couple of years.

sounds like the championship wrapped up for the town. Are they still playing with the tatics of moving Neal and Matty all over the pitch? Will cormac be fit?

Have the dall lined out a full streghth squad this year? Hopefully injuries will be cleared up by now.

Has Jesus played many games for the shams or is he doing a ronnie o'sullivan style come back?

I cant wait!

Na Glinntí Glasa

He quit and retired (Came from his own mouth) and guess what, he's back again!

Antrim hurling is saved! Lol
hurl like f**k boi!