Is this fair, just damn greedy or a missed opportunity?

Started by Dinny Breen, June 10, 2009, 08:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 10, 2009, 01:30:00 PM
First off, we could look a bit foolish if we're beaten on Saturday night. I'm confident of a win but it wouldn't surprise me if we were beaten either.

IF we beat Wexford and this proposal comes to fruition, I think it's very pooor form from the Leinster Council. In 2005, there was a double header of the Leinster semifinals - Kildare-Laois and Dublin-Wexford. I can't recall many problems back then. It's a disgrace that professionals like Robbie Keane and Brian O'Driscoll get the red carpet rolled out for them at Croke Park and then guys like Johnny Doyle and Dermot Earley who have give so much to our association are denied the opportunity to play at hq.

It doesn't surprise me though and it is not the first time something like this has happened Kildare. Last year, Tyrone got an extra weeks rest after their last qualifier before their quarter final because they were playing the Dubs in a stand alone fixture. Kildare on the other hand, had to play four games in as many weeks because the GAA wanted a double header of the Cork hurlers and footballers - this despite all the trouble they'd caused earlier on in the year with their annual strike. Not only was it unfair to schedule the game a week after the last qualifier, it also ensured that Cork had a huge majority of support there that day.

I hope we win on Saturday so I can have a proper rant about this!  ;)

John Doyle and Dermot Early have played in Croke Park loads of times.
I don't see what the problem is here.
It's only a Leinster semi-final for gods sake.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DennistheMenace