Dublin v Kerry AI final 20th September 2015

Started by orangeman, September 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Why would they struggle in the Ulster championship? Ulster is a tougher province than the others but it has no genuine All Ireland contender anymore and that's the only type of team that can possibly beat Dublin.

Wildweasel74

they are already a better Dublin team than that 70`s team

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on September 22, 2015, 10:49:07 PM
Why would they struggle in the Ulster championship? Ulster is a tougher province than the others but it has no genuine All Ireland contender anymore and that's the only type of team that can possibly beat Dublin.

I think the idea that we'd be beaten in Clones is absurd. If our players can deal with the weight of expectation that goes with playing for Dublin then I think playing in Clones is unlikely to prove too difficult in front of a crowd one third of the size of a full house in CP.

rrhf

When was the last time ye won a game away from croke park.

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on September 22, 2015, 11:11:53 PM

When we hockeyed Monaghan in the league in clones this year

armaghniac

Quote from: INDIANA on September 23, 2015, 12:22:35 AM
Quote from: rrhf on September 22, 2015, 11:11:53 PM

When we hockeyed Monaghan in the league in clones this year

If every result in the League was used to predict the championship, it would be a more interesting competition altogether.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Aristocrat

Not going say much on here, but to say I am smiling at all the haters on this site crying internally is a joy. Don't care what stick you are trying to take away from Dublin's achievement with, ignorant stuff from some people,not even going to bother reading it, To me, this Dublin team is the best ever to play the game. People will say yeah win a couple more and you may be but no,  based on the last 5 years, the best to ever play the game.

Philly Mc the best defender to play the game, Gooch was lucky to keep him to a point, player of the year and a gentlemen.

Enjoy the winter lads.

:)

ballinaman

Will that be your last on the matter aristo?

deiseach

Quote from: rrhf on September 22, 2015, 10:46:29 PM
I think this generation of dubs will prove to be a better outfit than the 70s.   Their football is crazy, kamikaze at times and they have some of the dirtiest hoors in Ireland playing for them, but they have 3 all Irelands behind them. They are glorious on the front foot.  Jim Gavin proved he can manage them this year, and yes they would struggle in the ulster championship,  but they don't have to play in it either.  Fair play to them .  A great team.

It's gas to see the outrage at one mildly negative comment in the middle of a post lavishing praise on Dublin. But they don't care what the haterz think, no no no no...

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 23, 2015, 09:43:08 AM
Not going say much on here, but to say I am smiling at all the haters on this site crying internally is a joy. Don't care what stick you are trying to take away from Dublin's achievement with, ignorant stuff from some people,not even going to bother reading it, To me, this Dublin team is the best ever to play the game. People will say yeah win a couple more and you may be but no,  based on the last 5 years, the best to ever play the game.

Philly Mc the best defender to play the game, Gooch was lucky to keep him to a point, player of the year and a gentlemen.

Enjoy the winter lads.

Is there still a bit of blood in the alcohol system? :) Dublin deserving winnners, I think most people have said that. In fact I thought they should have won by 10 points. But the comments about Philly above must be due to celebrations :) Obviously I haven't a clue what Philly is like off the field, like most lads I'd assume he's probably a grand lad, but on the field he's certainly not a gentleman, and if you said that to his face he'd probably puke :)

Congrats though Aristo, I think I left yourself and easytiger out of the list earlier. Enjoy the winter of content :)

Bingo

Quote from: INDIANA on September 22, 2015, 11:02:31 PM
Quote from: Zulu on September 22, 2015, 10:49:07 PM

I think the idea that we'd be beaten in Clones is absurd. If our players can deal with the weight of expectation that goes with playing for Dublin then I think playing in Clones is unlikely to prove too difficult in front of a crowd one third of the size of a full house in CP.

Very likely that Dublin would win Ulster championships but would they win as often as they win Leinsters?

You will likely argue different but has to be a massive advantage to knowing that you'll be playing in the same venue all year - your prematch routine, overnights, pitch size is all repeated throughout the build up and through to the final stages. Playing in front of a crowd would be way down the list regards advantages it would bring.

But the biggest is the competition that playing in Leinster currently brings. This may change but its clear that playing Ulster requires a different build up than planning to peak for a All-Ireland Quarter final and from there on know you will be tested rather than having to build towards testing away game at the start of June.

This may well change but it will need other teams in Leinster to come up to Dublins level rather than them to go down. Same may be said in other provinces at other times.

Dublin are current top dogs and rightly so, they will continue to be as they have great players and a great Mgt team. Time will tell how great they will be but its up to other teams to challenge that, be it in Croke Park, Tullomore, Navan or wherever.

Whens the draw made anyway????

TheClutch

Thought Sundays game was a big let down in terms of the quality of the basics of the game. No doubt the weather was the main contribution to this and I know I was praying for Kerry to snatch a goal to force a replay, which would have hopefully had better playing conditions. Fair play to the Dubs though, many a team would have had doubts spreading in their minds after missing 2/3 goal opportunities, especially when playing the Kingdom. Thought Johnny Cooper was having a great game before coming off injured, would have liked to have seen Tommy Walsh come on in around the middle and use his pace and strength to carry the ball in closer, as opposed to the long ball passes in from Sheehan and co. which didn't harbour much success because of the conditions, even with big Donaghy in the square.
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

The Aristocrat

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2015, 09:53:39 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 23, 2015, 09:43:08 AM

Enjoy the winter lads.

Is there still a bit of blood in the alcohol system? :) Dublin deserving winnners, I think most people have said that. In fact I thought they should have won by 10 points. But the comments about Philly above must be due to celebrations :) Obviously I haven't a clue what Philly is like off the field, like most lads I'd assume he's probably a grand lad, but on the field he's certainly not a gentleman, and if you said that to his face he'd probably puke :)

Congrats though Aristo, I think I left yourself and easytiger out of the list earlier. Enjoy the winter of content :)

Thanks.

Philly - Leaving out all the other "stuff " shall we say, I thought he was excellent throughout the year, for a corner back to outscore his man and two great forwards like he did in the last 2 games and keep them scoreless is an excellent contribution to the team, id imagine he is most certainly the best defender if not one of the best players in the country now no matter what people think or say about him. He wont get player of the year but to me he is a shoe in.

On a side note I have never seen rain like that, it didn't stop, hard for both teams.

bcarrier

I am going to be contrary here and predict Kerry will win at least half of the next 10.

The groundwork has been set at underage level and three successive defeats to Dublin will drive them to another level.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bcarrier on September 23, 2015, 04:36:00 PM
I am going to be contrary here and predict Kerry will win at least half of the next 10.

The groundwork has been set at underage level and three successive defeats to Dublin will drive them to another level.

Minors look good alright but it can take a long time even for U-21's to settle into senior football. Let alone minors. A good while to wait yet for those lads to break through.