Another GAA-insider's view on the Maze Stadium

Started by Evil Genius, July 29, 2007, 02:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 29, 2007, 05:14:25 PM
What is it with OWC and this whole "conspiracy theory"
What conspiracy theory? This article was by the editor of Gaelic Life not somebody from OWC.

The Gs Man

Nah, Im not talking about the article Sammy.  Just from reading some of the posts on OWC and some of Gwalytahs on here.

Anyways, Ive said enough.
Keep 'er lit

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on July 29, 2007, 05:03:06 PM
Quote from: Donagh on July 29, 2007, 04:49:31 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 29, 2007, 04:28:03 PM
You said that the editor of Gaelic Life wasn't an insider

Would you like to point out where I said that?
Your first post on this thread.

Ah, Sammy catch yerself on and admit you're spoofing again.

Donagh

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 29, 2007, 05:14:25 PM
What is it with OWC and this whole "conspiracy theory" (as per Gweyltah and the OWC site)?  Someone get Mulder and Scully out of retirement.......or maybe this is a job for the Mystery Gang.

Those "insiders" never stop plotting  :D

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on July 29, 2007, 05:32:11 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 29, 2007, 05:03:06 PM
Quote from: Donagh on July 29, 2007, 04:49:31 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 29, 2007, 04:28:03 PM
You said that the editor of Gaelic Life wasn't an insider

Would you like to point out where I said that?
Your first post on this thread.

Ah, Sammy catch yerself on and admit you're spoofing again.

What are you on about? Your first post was "A "GAA-insider"!  :D :D"

What does that mean if it isn't saying that he's not an insider?

SammyG

Quote from: Orior on July 29, 2007, 04:18:50 PMIts laughable that unionists wont travel 10-12 mile down the motorway to a soccer match,

Aye that's what the problem is!!! We'll travel to America, Armenia, Azerbeijan and all over Europe but we're not prepared to travel 10 miles down the road.  ::)

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on July 29, 2007, 05:40:41 PM

You should have asked that before you started spouting bullshit on the back of your biased insinuations. Though I suppose you have form in this area - did you ever find that post were I was giving out about the "Prods"?

Evil Genius

OK, let's start again with a snappy new thread title:

"Another view on the Maze stadium by a well-known GAA writer and fan, who is also the editor of an Omagh-based weekly newspaper which seeks to cover all aspects of GAA which might be of interest to GAA fans"

Are there any GAA fans out there who might like to analyse what Kennedy has actually written?

As someone who takes an interest in the stadium from an entirely different perspective, I am genuinely intrigued to know what supporters from the other main user of the stadium think.

From the response so far, am I to presume that everyone agrees with the article and so doesn't feel the need to comment? Or is it that you all disagree with it and couldn't be bothered commenting? Or perhaps you are all like Donagh and prefer to make puerile little two-word posts which add sod-all to the debate...

P.S. I appreciate that this being a Sunday afternoon in Summer, most of you will have other things on your mind, so no great hurry in getting back!
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on July 29, 2007, 05:50:43 PM

You should have asked that before you started spouting bullshit on the back of your biased insinuations.
Brilliant response but any chance of actually answering.
Though I suppose you have form in this area - did you ever find that post were I was giving out about the "Prods"?
I've showed you the post several times.

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on July 29, 2007, 05:53:13 PM

You should have asked that before you started spouting bullshit on the back of your biased insinuations.
Though I suppose you have form in this area - did you ever find that post were I was giving out about the "Prods"?

No you didn't you just gave more of the prevaricating shite you are giving on this thread. FUI, on this thread I was laughing at the stereotypical unionist mindset which insists on looking at the GAA as some sort of secret society dominated by a closed circle of "insiders". I never said he wasn't an "insider", indeed he may be, as I may also be, but that the whole notion is ridiculous. But I suppose belonging to an open and democratic organisation like the GAA would be alien to you.

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on July 29, 2007, 05:59:56 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 29, 2007, 05:53:13 PM

No you didn't you just gave more of the prevaricating shite you are giving on this thread. FUI, on this thread I was laughing at the stereotypical unionist mindset which insists on looking at the GAA as some sort of secret society dominated by a closed circle of "insiders". I never said he wasn't an "insider", indeed he may be, as I may also be, but that the whole notion is ridiculous. But I suppose belonging to an open and democratic organisation like the GAA would be alien to you.

More pathetic double speak. An insider is someone in the know, as you're well aware. It has nothing whatever to do with secrecy or closed circles or any other shite. As far as the GAA and democracy I thought the lack of democracy was the whole point of the article.

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on July 29, 2007, 06:14:10 PM
More pathetic double speak. An insider is someone in the know, as you're well aware. It has nothing whatever to do with secrecy or closed circles or any other shite. As far as the GAA and democracy I thought the lack of democracy was the whole point of the article.

So no apology then?