Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

He'll be given more time, there isn't many options. Pochettino going through a rocky spell at Spurs so would hardly be coming on confidence. United are sitting in 12th so what would be point leaving of Spurs.

I saw Tuchel mentioned. Why would he leave a club like  PSG. Allegri would be the best of what's available.

An Watcher

Athletico Madrid manager although I forget his name. Not sure if he will ever leave Madrid though

rodney trotter

Diego Simeone. He had chances to leave before but stayed,signed a new deal a few months ago. He doesn't speak any English.

A second consecutive out of the Champions League will be very costly for United. 

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 06, 2019, 07:06:19 PM
He'll be given more time, there isn't many options. Pochettino going through a rocky spell at Spurs so would hardly be coming on confidence. United are sitting in 12th so what would be point leaving of Spurs.

I saw Tuchel mentioned. Why would he leave a club like  PSG. Allegri would be the best of what's available.
Poch i expect to be given more time because there is less pressure to get results at Spurs than United.  If Ole is sacked or resigns i think someone like Blanc with a interest in managing United would probably be a better option as i don't think Allegri will have any interest.

When it comes to sacking or someone stepping down from their position it has to be Ed Woodward first, he has overseen all these management appointments since 2013 and has been directly involved in all of the transfers and players contracts.

Farrandeelin

No problem FtB.

Laoislad is correct. Relegation form as I said a few days ago.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Boycey

The solution is obvious, sack Olé and re-appoint him as caretaker manager?

stiffler

ole needs to be allowed £250m to spend and 3 transfer windows to do it according to Neville.

Madness that.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Boycey

Quote from: stiffler on October 06, 2019, 10:34:49 PM
ole needs to be allowed £250m to spend and 3 transfer windows to do it according to Neville.

Madness that.

What's mad the amount or the fact that Olé be given it?

rodney trotter

Rashford is on 300k a week. They started giving massive wages after Sanchez signed.
He's still 21,that sort of money is bound to lose his drive a bit. He's done f all to be getting wages like that

stiffler

Quote from: Boycey on October 06, 2019, 10:39:27 PM

Madness that.

There's not a hope he will see out the next 3 transfer windows.

Boycey

Quote from: stiffler on October 06, 2019, 10:41:46 PM

Madness that.

Possibly not even get to the 1st one, my point would be that £250 million over 3 transfer windows be an average enough spend in today's climate

stiffler

Quote from: Boycey on October 06, 2019, 11:03:27 PM
Quote from: stiffler on October 06, 2019, 10:41:46 PM

Madness that.

Possibly not even get to the 1st one, my point would be that £250 million over 3 transfer windows be an average enough spend in today's climate

It would take him a lot more than 250m, do you think he deserves a chance to spend it ?

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 06, 2019, 10:41:31 PM
Rashford is on 300k a week. They started giving massive wages after Sanchez signed.
He's still 21,that sort of money is bound to lose his drive a bit. He's done f all to be getting wages like that

I agree 100%. Rashford had done nothing more than Macheda or Gillespie before him. He scored a penalty against PSG and the English media hailed him as a god.

Conte or Ancelotti were the men for the job, and they could have got Kante halfway through last season, which would have solved a lot of problems.
Tierney has, for a good while now, been seen as one of the best prospects at left back in the game. And there was no clamour to sign him. Utd should have been on it.
The fact that we are still discussing Mata, Matic and especially Young shows a complete ineptitude with regards to building a team.
Those three players should have been taken out to the back field a long time ago.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

GJL

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on October 07, 2019, 01:33:29 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 06, 2019, 10:41:31 PM

I agree 100%. Rashford had done nothing more than Macheda or Gillespie before him. He scored a penalty against PSG and the English media hailed him as a god.

Conte or Ancelotti were the men for the job, and they could have got Kante halfway through last season, which would have solved a lot of problems.
Tierney has, for a good while now, been seen as one of the best prospects at left back in the game. And there was no clamour to sign him. Utd should have been on it.
The fact that we are still discussing Mata, Matic and especially Young shows a complete ineptitude with regards to building a team.
Those three players should have been taken out to the back field a long time ago.

All of the above is Woodward's bad! He is the cause of the rot and if anyone is to be sacked it should be him but it seems he is untouchable!

He is the common denominator since Fergie left.