Government about to fall

Started by stephenite, May 06, 2007, 06:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haze

Brian Cowen's odds on being the next Taoiseach have fallen from 25/1 on thursday to 9/2 with paddy power.

While still unlikely, stranger things have happened....

Hardy

Quote from: haze on May 07, 2007, 12:31:09 PM
Brian Cowen's odds on being the next Taoiseach have fallen from 25/1 on thursday to 9/2 with paddy power.

Not that unlikely I'd say. I've taken 7.8 on Betfair. 7 still available. Down to 7/2 with Boylesports.

I think the most likely coalition after the election is a Bertie-less FF with a Rabbitte- less Labour.  Cowen is the front runner for FF leader, though I'd be a bit worrried (for my bet) that these things seldom go to the front runner. You can have 100/1 about Dermot Ahern (Boylesports). That might not be a bad punt. 66/1 Mary Hanafin (PP), 66/1 Micheál Martin (Boylesports, PP).

haze

My uncle stuck €50 on at 25/1 on thurs, he is getting a bit excited!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

McDowell has tried dirty tricks in the past, and they have blown up in his face, hopefully this time will see them wiped of the face of Irish politics!
Tbc....

dublinfella

Quote from: haze on May 07, 2007, 12:31:09 PM

great, an alcoholic taoiseach. just what we need.

delighted to see the election get dirty. quality entertainment.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Hardy on May 07, 2007, 01:32:18 PM66/1 Micheál Martin (Boylesports, PP).
Dear God, I think I would actually leave the country.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 07, 2007, 03:24:03 PM
McDowell has tried dirty tricks in the past, and they have blown up in his face, hopefully this time will see them wiped of the face of Irish politics!
I can sympathise with your sentiments, but what are the dirty tricks this time?  Do you think it's important that Bertie appears to have lied to every single one of us over his 'loans' last october, that he lied again last week, that it appears that the £30K stg he got from his mate in manchester was in fact $45K, for which there is no explanation forthcoming.

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=19940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

dublinfella

Quote from: Bogball XV on May 07, 2007, 05:18:36 PM
I can sympathise with your sentiments, but what are the dirty tricks this time?  Do you think it's important that Bertie appears to have lied to every single one of us over his 'loans' last october, that he lied again last week, that it appears that the £30K stg he got from his mate in manchester was in fact $45K, for which there is no explanation forthcoming.

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=19940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

how long has McD known abou this? Why wait until an election was called to act? Cowardice.

Bogball XV

apparently he's known about this since thursday night/friday morning.  In fairness to McD, he was also lied to last October, it's only since he was shown the transcript of the interview between Bertie and the Tribunal that he's realised what a fool Bertie played him for, as you can imagine, that wouldn't be something poor Michael would be too happy about!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Yes Bbbbbertie's not squeaky clean, but does McDowell always have to wait until just before an election or other major event to try and "political point score". Hopefully this time the Irish electorate will see himself and the rest of the PD's for the political opportunist leeches that they are!
Tbc....

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 07, 2007, 06:10:59 PM

McDowell always have to wait until just before an election or other major event to try and "political point score". Hopefully this time the Irish electorate will see himself and the rest of the PD's for the political opportunist leeches that they are!

At least this is one thing I agree with you, the PD's have no moral backbone, they are craven for power at all costs.

Donagh

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on May 07, 2007, 06:33:50 PM
At least this is one thing I agree with you, the PD's have no moral backbone, they are craven for power at all costs.

Bit like the Blueshirts going into government with the OIRA then or even Clann na Poblachta before that  :o

magickingdom

great, an alcoholic taoiseach. just what we need.

delighted to see the election get dirty. quality entertainment

never knew that dublinfella. is this something else you 'heard' in a pub...

stephenite

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 07, 2007, 06:10:59 PM
Yes Bbbbbertie's not squeaky clean, but does McDowell always have to wait until just before an election or other major event to try and "political point score". Hopefully this time the Irish electorate will see himself and the rest of the PD's for the political opportunist leeches that they are!

Wow, I mean really, WOW!

Politican in 'political point score' shocker - what do you expect McD to do? Now I'm not a huge fan of the guy either but expected nothing else in this particular situation - and I am very confident if the shoe was on the other foot Bertie, Inda and the rest would have acted in the same manner.

I was going to respond to your other comment on another thread regarding the implementation of fiscal policies by parties when in Governement but I can see it would be lost on you

Mayo4Sam

Dont know if anyone saw the news sunday morning.
On Sky the english lad asking Bertie if he was denying being a crook, those words exactly, priceless.

On RTE Tom PArlon got torna  new arse by John Gormley, ripped to pieces
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me