Mountain Climbing in Ireland

Started by venter, April 12, 2007, 12:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim abu

we're Leinster, Munster,Connacht & Ulster, just like the rankings in hurling.
doing any training?

Mayo4Sam

Climbed mwellrea and croagh patrick easter weekend. Hopefully mwellrea again next weekend
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ardal

Did this a few years back for focus Ireland (think it was their first year) Slieve Donard on the morning of the second day is surprisingly the most difficult( in my opinion); lack of sleep,  tired legs in the morning etc etc etc. Lugnaquilla has to be the most boring walk ever. It's just a gentle climb km after km, but just keep thinking about the few beers you'll have at the end of it.

Good luck to all involved though. Think we raised  a little over €25,000; now there's a challenge for yeah all

aontroim abu

Christ M4S ye are way ahead of me.
Ardal thats some amount of money to lift, cant see me coming close to that, well done anyway

ardal

Don't forget to take a camera and take photos of your team at the top of each mountain. It's a nive wee souvenir afterwards

Mayo4Sam

Some more photos from croagh patrick on Good Friday

dodo

Top top top photos Mayo4Sam.

Did you take any of the view east /south to the bogs, forests and the lakes. It is some spot on a clear day for the 360 view.

Rufus T Firefly

Mayo4Sam

No really good ones of that side, heres a couple more

Mayo4Sam

Went to Kerry for the weekend and climbed Carrantouhill.
Very cloudy day, couldn't see a yard in front of ur face from the devils ladder on
But heres a few pics from it

Mayo4Sam

By-The By if anyone feels like contributing to focus Ireland feel free to give me a PM

turk

Great stuff lads!

I'd like to try this - is it walking up the mountain in most cases or are you bating ropes and pulley into the side of the mountain?

Mayo4Sam

Its all walking, theres a bit on carrantouhill where u have to go from rock to rock but nothing serious.
Dont know where ur based but I'm doing Mwellrea in Mayo for the following 2 saturdays and Slieve donard in down the saturday after

aontroim abu

M4S give me a shout when you are going up Donard and ill do it with you, maybe take in few after

Mayo4Sam

No problem, it'll be sat 26th May, anyone else that wants to head along feel free