Who is speaking for catholic/nationalist innocent victims?

Started by T Fearon, August 13, 2013, 09:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I know the likes of the Bloody Sunday victims had a lobby group and Ballymurphy etc, but it seems to me to be a plethora of organised victims groups (eg led by Frazer etc) on the PUL side, but absolutely none for the innocent victims killed at random throughout the six counties by unionist paramiltaries.Is it not time for their voices to be heard through formal representation?

Jeepers Creepers

Speaking of willie, where is he? His silence is deafening.

glens abu

Quote from: T Fearon on August 13, 2013, 09:41:26 PM
I know the likes of the Bloody Sunday victims had a lobby group and Ballymurphy etc, but it seems to me to be a plethora of organised victims groups (eg led by Frazer etc) on the PUL side, but absolutely none for the innocent victims killed at random throughout the six counties by unionist paramiltaries.Is it not time for their voices to be heard through formal representation?

RFJ group give support to all who ask and that includes many killed at random by Unionist paramilitaries

T Fearon

They're not very vociferous,although there may be a job in convincing a lot of people to air their grievance on this side.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on August 13, 2013, 09:41:26 PM
What about innocent Catholics/ nationalists killed by the IRA? Where's the lobby group for them?

T Fearon

Well,when they make their voices heard,like Ms Travers,they sure get speedy results,unlike victims of unionist paramilitaries.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on August 13, 2013, 11:22:15 PM
Well,when they make their voices heard,like Ms Travers,they sure get speedy results,unlike victims of unionist paramilitaries.
I'd say the fact that she had political backing, the circumstances of the killing (young woman, outside a Church) and most importantly, the fact that she was both articulate and persistent, had a big impact on the extent to which she was able to make herself heard.

All of a Sludden

You may have found a gap in the market Tony. You'd be like a nationalist Willie Frazer.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

lynchbhoy

Don't think there is a desire from the INC side for this Tone.
The Pul use this as a political football, a rallying excuse etc

Your point though poss should include not just victims killed but those who are victims of the sustained decades of systematic establishment backed (violent) persecution and oppression in the parallel second class tier- as we often hear of the multitudes of Fermanagh farmers deposed from their houses and lands  ::)
(The irony of the actions of the plantation obv lost there!)

T Fearon

If Ms Travers sister had been murdered by unionist paramilitaries as she came out of mass,not one unionist politician would bid her the time of day.

brokencrossbar1

Tony you are so far removed from reality it's not funny. The Pat Finucane Centre and the RFJ do more work  than any 'victims'groups going.   Maybe give up some of your time and volunteer for one of them,they're always looking for people with inquisitive minds.

cadhlancian

Myles, he didn't ask that question!! Now , if you don't have anything decent to add, slide on ta feck!!! >:(

Gaffer

Over many years Catholic homes were invaded by masked members of the IRA who demanded the keys of the householders car or van which was taken to carry out murderous  attacks.

Eg. The digger and van taken to carry out the Loughgall attack were taken at gunpoint. The owners of these vehicles just had to hand over the keys  under threat of death.

The  owners of these vehicles were nationalists. The men who pointed the guns at their heads and demanded the keys were IRA meh who were later killed at the Loughgall ambush.

Other nationalist families were held hostage by the IRA after their houses were invaded and their vehicles were taken to carry out a murderous attacks.  These families were then threatened with death if they reported the IRA's presence within the hour after they had left the house so as to make good their escape.

I wonder who is speaking on behalf of these victims of the IRA. Not Sinn Fein anyway. They never condemned the attacks on these homes of nationalists during that time of the troubles.

There are many nationalist homes throughout the North who suffered in his way. They just had to accept it and get on with their lives.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

T Fearon

bc1,regardless of the organisations you mention,they don't make noise like the plethora of victims groups on the other side and the situation is that unionist paramilitaries and their heinous crimes are let off the hook,effectively.

Gaffer there is a big difference from bring forced to hand over keys etc to being assassinated in cold blood just on account of being catholic.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on August 14, 2013, 04:45:27 AM
Gaffer there is a big difference from bring forced to hand over keys etc to being assassinated in cold blood just on account of being catholic.

Oh well that makes it okay then.