Free Conference Call Software

Started by Orior, March 22, 2020, 07:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

tbrick18

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 25, 2020, 07:06:18 PM
Zoom has a whiteboard, which would allow you to work through examples in real time..  You can also share what's showing on your screen, so if you have examples worked out in Powerpoint or wherever, you can share them through Zoom.

I must have a look.
Mrs. Tbrick18 "tutors" a few kids with special ed needs. It's more supported learning than tutoring but those kids are really struggling without routine. She's trying to work out if there a way to continue doing something with them remotely. I'll take a look at zoom. Thanks.

RedHand88

Bojos press conference was using zoom last night. It's a fantastic piece of software

JohnDenver

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 26, 2020, 10:24:18 AM
Bojos press conference was using zoom last night. It's a fantastic piece of software

Could somebody step up and tutor Boris if that's the case?

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 24, 2020, 08:25:10 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 24, 2020, 07:44:12 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 24, 2020, 06:32:20 PM
Zoom the hot stock to buy?

You should have bought stock in the last week in January when this virus became evident.

Nobody ever made money looking backwards.  Is it a buy under 140 today?  I say YES...you think different for the longer term?

Zoom over 450 now.

screenexile

Does anyone know anything about Camera's for conference rooms for zoom/teams etc?? Our IT company are talking about fitting one for £800 which seems a bit much surely there's something on Amazon you could buy for a couple of hundred pounds would do the job.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thebigfella

Quote from: screenexile on September 02, 2020, 09:25:33 AM
Does anyone know anything about Camera's for conference rooms for zoom/teams etc?? Our IT company are talking about fitting one for £800 which seems a bit much surely there's something on Amazon you could buy for a couple of hundred pounds would do the job.

Any advice would be appreciated.

800 would be on the cheaper end for a video conferencing room setup and would be sort of price range for small meeting/huddle room type setup.

Why do you care? You could do something cheaper with stuff designed for home offices/webcams/mics etc... but you'll spend more time f**king around with it trying to get it to work before a call, than on the call, in my experience.