All Ireland S.H.C. Final

Started by lilpaulie85, August 19, 2010, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2010 All Ireland Champions?

Kilkenny
Tipp

Canalman

MOtM will go to Corbett alright, but imo my motm was Declan Fanning..........sensational.

Have to say the end of game  presentation was top notch,ticker tape and all. Well done GAA and I for one stand corrected.

Quiet emotional watching Tipp celebrate and particularly happy for Benny Dunne after his 2009.

My thoughts on Kk were justified and I just can't understand how the demise of this team wasn't widely picked up.
The "experts" will no doubt be telling us all about them next week.

Kerry Mike

Brillaint result for Tipp delighted for them but you do feel for Kilkenny, I remember a wet day as a young lad in 1982 crying on the steps of the hill after we were beat to the five. Horrible feeling.

They have been great champions for the last 4 years, it not easy to win 1 in any sport never mind 2, 3 or 4 in a row, take a bow KK but today was all Tipp, great start and they got the goals when in mattered mid way through the 2nd half and powered on at the end to seal a famous win, delighted for Corbett, Cummins and Kelly they have battled hard for 10 year in some poorish Tipp teams. Thurles will be rocking all through to tomororrow night. Well done Tipp and all the Tipp lads here.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

mckieran

Terrific match. Tipp deserved to win.

Curran, Maher at No. 7, Maher at No. 8 & Corbett were the pick of Tipps players for me.

Curran won a couple of great balls at the start which is so important against Kilkenny.

It is such a pity Shefflin had to go off; I really hoped he would be fit & able today...

sammymaguire

I have NEVER seen a team so pumped up as Tipp were today - there was 20 top class hurlers on a mission this afternoon and they fully deserve to be taking Liam back down to Thurles with them tomorrow evening - well done Liam Sheedy for picking them men up to come back 12 months on and beat the best ever hurling team to grace Croke Park
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

passedit

fair play to tipp. To win first you must believe you will win. Curran set the tone at the start and the rest  followed. first half of double up.
Don't Panic

Bacon

A Great match and fair play to Tipp. They deserved it.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

tyroneboi

That was an excellent match today. Though Corbett will probably pick up man of the match, I though Maher the no7 and Geroid Ryan for Tipp were excellent.

Reillers

Well done Tipp, delighted for them, they were a much better team. I've rarely seen a team so pumped up for today as Tipp were, they just went at it like a train and didn't stop. Fully deserve the win, KK were poor and the messing around with Shefflin was wastefull and the gamble did not pay off and God knows now if they've done more damage to it, hopefully not because he's an oustanding player and hopefully it wont take him out of the game longer because of a stupid decision.

Tipp fully deserved it and I'm absolutely delighted for them.  Whether this is the end for KK I doubt it, but it's not the time or the place to discuss it. It's Tipp's day and fair play they by far deserved it.

slow corner back

Well done to Tipp on a fully deserved victory. Myself and many others on here did not see it coming and stand corrected. While Henry was a gamble I do not think anyone ever thought they would see Noel Hickey cleaned out like that. That KK team has stood for a long time on some central pillars but they were taken out today. Eddie Brennan subbed, Cha subbed, Hickey probably should have been subbed. Tipp had a plan to keep Tommy Walsh out of the game and it worked a treat. Lar Corbett was immense as was Noel McGrath and I thought the half back line were outstanding for Tipp and the full back line very good too. Will be some party in Tipp alright.

spuds

Great game, Tipp drove into Kilkenny from the off and didn't let up. Thought Shane McGrath at midfield was immense in first half, unreal way on at least 3 occasions blocked opposing player with own body. Noel McGrath pulled the strings setting up scores particularly for Lar Corbett's goal and took his own well also.
Tipp have done hurling a huge service in my opinion.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

orangeman

4-17 conceded by a usually tight KK defence spelt victory for Tipp who got stuck into KK from the off.

I'm not entirely sure if they were 8 points better than KK but that doesn't really matter. Tipp are champions and it's great to see new champions.

KK have been magnificent as past 10 years. They became unstuck today.

I've always said that nothing lasts forever. KK without the inspiration of Henrty and a more subdued Tommy Walsh looked a pale shadow of their former greatness. To be fair Tipp could / should have won last year and got out of jail but no such luck today.

I felt sorry for Clare minor hurlers who gave all they had but still came up short.

johnpower

What a match , Well done Tipp . I agree i have never seen a team as pumped up for 74 minutes . Delighted for Corbett some record 3 goals in a final . Killkenny will be back but one thing todays result means is another nail in the coffin of the provincal championship .

AZOffaly

Well done Tipp. It'll make for a big night when Conor and Shane bring the cup back around Newport and Ballinahinch :) We might have to have the regional on standby to pump a few lads out.

Delighted for Tipp, and their genuine fans. Great hurling people. I said last year that Tipp don't fear Kilkenny, and that is something inherent.

I thought it was a nice touch when Shane McGrath gave his commiserations to Shefflin as he left the field. It reeked of respect, and Shefflin, and the rest of that brilliant team have earned that respect at least. Respect, admiration and thanks for their efforts over the last 10 years. I'm sure they'll be back, but hopefullly for the rest of us, they may just have lost the aura of invincibility, which was probably bad for the game in general.

Thank you Kilkenny, Well done Tipp.

gallsman

Outstanding Tipp performance, they were streets ahead. Even when KK leveled it up early in the second half they were getting outhurled and outclassed. Tipp platform was definitely every defender on the field - they were fantastic. Depth of the bench was crucial too. Callanan's second point was a beauty from right in front of me.

No KK people could begrudge the likes of Kelly and Corbett another Cross, outstanding players.

Tipp have the ammo to contend for years to come. This KK team (with a few alterations) isn't finished just yet.

imtommygunn

Have to say I'm already looking forward to next year now as the game(s) between these 2 should be hum dingers. KK will be really up for it now.

Thought Cody made a few mistakes today. Replaced shefflin with a midfielder - more scoring threat would have helped. Hickey and Eddie Brennan hadn't their finest days at the office either and should have been replaced or replaced way earlier.

Tipp were amazing. Noel McGrath was superb in CHF and obviously Corbett too. Defense of Tipp's never gave an inch. KK at times had more possession (I'd be interested in the possession stats) but were making no headway. Eoin Larkin had a hell of a game though.