Started by lilpaulie85, July 27, 2010, 05:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who will be in the final

kk + wat
kk + tip
cork +wat
cork + tip

slow corner back

Genuine question for any of the cork hurling fans on here, if Aisake was 5 ft 11 would he be considered in the top 100 hurlers in Cork? It is a sad day when a traditional county like Cork have to play a big guy who hasnt an ounce of hurling in him. It is the sort of thing you get in junior hurling but not in senior inter county.

muppet

Quote from: johnneycool on August 10, 2010, 01:51:13 PM
I'd say there isn't a striker who regrets all that happened during that period.

There were no winners.

Don't expect balance here. The witch hunters are guilty of everything they accuse the strikers of. You'd have to wonder about the persistent agenda of a few here.

Kilkenny aren't winning because of a Strike of Cusack's book, it is because they are the best hurling team ever and will win the final even without the best hurler ever, simple as.
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

I would concur Muppet. People on here saying the team is worse than 2 years ago and people saying they are better all to fit their own agenda.

No one can categorically state or point to evidence either way. a) you have no concrete evidence they are better or worse than 2 years ago b) they are not the same players.

Pretty circular argument really.

theskull1

At the very least there was no tangible change in their performance levels after Ger left. Is that not what is being inferred Tommy?

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2010, 11:33:50 PM

There were no winners.

Don't expect balance here. The witch hunters are guilty of everything they accuse the strikers of. You'd have to wonder about the persistent agenda of a few here.

Kilkenny aren't winning because of a Strike of Cusack's book, it is because they are the best hurling team ever and will win the final even without the best hurler ever, simple as.

Agreed muppet .... I get the feeling you think there are folk who would disagree with that. I'd love to know who they are
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

There were no winners.

They are obsessed. Heffo/Dowling/..etc. if not all of the same, and in their obsession of putting down Cork they refuse to give Kilkenny any credit. Cork this, Cork that..nothing to do with Kilkenny at all. They couldn't even wait a day to give Kilkenny their due credit before they started moaning about big bad Cork. ::)

dowling

"Just there's a point where enoughs enough, while they physically may be able to continue on, they just get to the point where they loose the stomach for it"

Reillers there's what you said on the Henry thread. We were all making similar points as to where the Cork players were at when the strike started. Even though we didn't like what they were doing we were making a judgement on what was left in the tank. And it wasn't very much as was proved finally on Sunday. And the strike probably drained a little more of what was left.
You've expressed different criticism all year regarding team selection and how the teams have played. You can't have it all your own way.

As for not giving Kilkenny credit, sure we all know what Kilkenny are capable of. Whether they win the final or not I think we will all still bow to them.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on August 11, 2010, 01:36:46 AM
"Just there's a point where enoughs enough, while they physically may be able to continue on, they just get to the point where they loose the stomach for it"

Reillers there's what you said on the Henry thread. We were all making similar points as to where the Cork players were at when the strike started. Even though we didn't like what they were doing we were making a judgement on what was left in the tank. And it wasn't very much as was proved finally on Sunday. And the strike probably drained a little more of what was left.
You've expressed different criticism all year regarding team selection and how the teams have played. You can't have it all your own way.

As for not giving Kilkenny credit, sure we all know what Kilkenny are capable of. Whether they win the final or not I think we will all still bow to them.

When will it end with your lot. Can you not keep the obsessive talk of the strike to the never ending strike topic..still waiting for the Limerick one to appear and your rants about them..but no luck so far.
Only a player themself knows when their time is up, when they've lost the appetite for the game and I can guarantee you that the Cork players did not.

dowling

Losing your appetite and being able to do what you used to aren't the same thing. And it's not a player's call to decide when they aren't at where they used to be even though some may know. It's the manager's call. Some of the Cork boys still don't know that though. And I'd say that's been happening throughout the year, that some of the players still have an undue influence on management. And if you were honest you would probably agree with that.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on August 11, 2010, 01:58:58 AM
Losing your appetite and being able to do what you used to aren't the same thing. And it's not a player's call to decide when they aren't at where they used to be even though some may know. It's the manager's call. Some of the Cork boys still don't know that though. And I'd say that's been happening throughout the year, that some of the players still have an undue influence on management. And if you were honest you would probably agree with that.

You were the one who implied that they were one of the same. Loosing your appetite for the game is something only the player themselves can judge and act on, Deane, Canning, Corcoran at a time..though that was more burn out than anything. They could have continued on but didn't have the stomach for it.
Loosing a yard of pace and skill is another thing. And if you're not good enough to play than it is down to the manager whether or not to play you.
Again if you want to continue to obsess over the strike and the Cork team go to the strike topic.

dowling

Reillers a spectator can tell when someone has lost their appetite, can tell when someone has lost something from their game ( two different aspects ). A player might know either but still might think they're good enough. It's then the manager's call to say , 'have a wee seat on the bench'. It's when that player's friends can't see his demise that problems can start.
And if you think this doesn't relate to the game on Sunday every pundit is saying these players were past their best. All great hurlers but not what they used to be.
One of the things about Gerald is that he seemed to be taking an approach to freshen things up and blood new players but the players who were past their best on Sunday didn't think so.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on August 11, 2010, 02:15:34 AM
Reillers a spectator can tell when someone has lost their appetite, can tell when someone has lost something from their game ( two different aspects ). A player might know either but still might think they're good enough. It's then the manager's call to say , 'have a wee seat on the bench'. It's when that player's friends can't see his demise that problems can start.
And if you think this doesn't relate to the game on Sunday every pundit is saying these players were past their best. All great hurlers but not what they used to be.
One of the things about Gerald is that he seemed to be taking an approach to freshen things up and blood new players but the players who were past their best on Sunday didn't think so.

Never played a day in your life have ya..

dowling

johnneycool

Quote from: dowling on August 11, 2010, 02:15:34 AM

Its been my experience that some players know only too well when their time is up, others however do need that bit of friendly advice from either the manager or people close to them to quit whilst they're ahead.

It'd be a big hole in the life of the likes of an uber dedicated lad like Sean O'g who may have to find something different to do to fill the void as the training and preparation for the games is like a drug to him.

Maybe Walsh now knows Cork will need to go back before they can go forward as the last hurrah just wasn't to be.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on August 11, 2010, 12:10:22 AM

There were no winners.

They are obsessed. Heffo/Dowling/..etc. if not all of the same, and in their obsession of putting down Cork they refuse to give Kilkenny any credit. Cork this, Cork that..nothing to do with Kilkenny at all. They couldn't even wait a day to give Kilkenny their due credit before they started moaning about big bad Cork. ::)

Up until last Sunday you have consistently claimed KK are not a great team and have succeeded as much as they did due to the strikes in Cork, having a handy Leinster run, being dirty/playing on the edge and any other excuse you can give.

This KK are the greatest hurling team of all time - if you need further clarification please let me know.

Back to the Strikers - was the strike justified Reillers?

orangeman

There were no winners.

That's as clear as day and there's no one arguing with that.