Hurling Qualifiers Draw

Started by stevecw, June 06, 2010, 06:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevecw

Carlow v Laois
Winners v Antrim

Tipp v Wexford

The draw that Tipp and Wexford didn't want.
Find it stupid that we have to play Laois again a few weeks after playing them in Leinster. Still its nice to have avoided Tipp.

Milltown Row2

Atrim also happy they have avoided Tipp. Antrim drawn first, does that mean we have the winners at Casement?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2010, 08:08:53 PM
Atrim also happy they have avoided Tipp. Antrim drawn first, does that mean we have the winners at Casement?
aye.........from county website

The draw for Tier 1 of the All Ireland hurling championship took place today:

Preliminary
Carlow v Laois

Phase 1
Antrim (home) v Carlow/Laois
Tipperary (home) v Wexford

Great draw for Antrim

Hurler on the Bitch

A great draw for the Saffs. If they can re-group after last week's devastation I can see nothing but a win. With a good run out against Down in the offing, the team hopefully will be ready for the qualifiers. Big crowd needed, so a hot Sunday with a 3:30 throw-in would be good..

theskull1

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 06, 2010, 08:18:16 PM

Preliminary
Carlow v Laois

Phase 1

Great draw for Antrim

All 3 teams will be thinking the exact same thing
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: hardstation on June 06, 2010, 10:43:35 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 06, 2010, 10:39:33 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 06, 2010, 08:18:16 PM

Preliminary
Carlow v Laois

Phase 1

Great draw for Antrim

All 3 teams will be thinking the exact same thing
Correct. We are behind Laois at the minute and Carlow are up both our holes.

Nah .. still think after the Offaly performance last week we will have too much on Carlow or Laois .. Though a game against Laois would be a good marker. I have faith in Dinny and after his time at Laois he will make sure that Antrim don't blow it..

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on June 06, 2010, 10:54:06 PM
You are seriously underestimating Laois who completely dicked us in Casement this year. They were better all over the field. They played better as a team but please take not:-
Their players were better than ours.

They looked to have given Dublin a good game today but hit 18 wides and had two men sent off.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: hardstation on June 06, 2010, 10:54:06 PM
You are seriously underestimating Laois who completely dicked us in Casement this year. They were better all over the field. They played better as a team but please take note:-
Their players were better than ours.
Look Hard-on, I am the eternal Saffron glass half full man. I am not blowing my Antrim trumpet, but I have already booked the week beginning September 1st off work. As you say, Laois 'dicked' us at Casement but I feel that the Dinny "league" syndrome hindered our ability to compete (sort of calls into question charging good Antrim fans £12 in during the league). It will be a different day at Casement and I feel that we will have it with two points to spare. Also, every time I feel that Antrim hurlers have a great chance they never let me down  ;). I have what is known as 'Terry Gibbons' syndrome - surely, but surely, we cannot fail?

slow corner back

Two points, first Laois have to play Carlow who are no mugs themselves. Second if Laois make it through bear in mind they dumped Antrim out of the all ireland at the same stage last year. Having said all that I am delighted we avoided Tipp.

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: slow corner back on June 07, 2010, 10:23:09 PM
Two points, first Laois have to play Carlow who are no mugs themselves. Second if Laois make it through bear in mind they dumped Antrim out of the all ireland at the same stage last year. Having said all that I am delighted we avoided Tipp.
Good point about Laois. But with Carlow I just think back to the Christy Ring Cup in 2006 and shudder........ However, I feel that if we cant beat Laois or Carlow, well, the 'project' is at an end and we should just apply for the CRC next year. That said, Antrim always come good .......  :P I ialways think back to the film 'The Life of Brian' and the quote "I know you are the Messiah, and I should know as I have followed a few" ... same with Antrim and we long-suffering fans "I know that they are the best Antrim team, and I should know as I have followed a few" ....  :-[ But, one year it has to happen.. Doesn't it?

slow corner back

It is better to live in hope than die in despair ( old armoy proverb)

Ash Smoker

Does anyone else think that home advantage for the first out of the hat is unfair?

seafoid

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on June 07, 2010, 10:28:02 PM
Good point about Laois. But with Carlow I just think back to the Christy Ring Cup in 2006 and shudder........ However, I feel that if we cant beat Laois or Carlow, well, the 'project' is at an end and we should just apply for the CRC next year. That said, Antrim always come good .......  :P I ialways think back to the film 'The Life of Brian' and the quote "I know you are the Messiah, and I should know as I have followed a few" ... same with Antrim and we long-suffering fans "I know that they are the best Antrim team, and I should know as I have followed a few" ....  :-[ But, one year it has to happen.. Doesn't it?

Carlow looked quite good in division 2. they look like a team going places.

stevecw

Quote from: seafoid on June 16, 2010, 02:56:31 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on June 07, 2010, 10:28:02 PM

Carlow looked quite good in division 2. they look like a team going places.

We are improving, but its a slow process. Anybody talking about CR Final of 2006 is talking rubbish. This Carlow side have i'd say 2 guys off that side playing now. We have based this side on our good minor teams of past 5 years. Our senior team this year have 7 guys U-21. The way the U-21s won away to Laois in U-21 last week by 1-14 to 0-09 shows the talent is coming through, but it takes time before they make it at senior.
We did have a decent Div 2, the win over Wexford being an obvious highlight. But we were very poor v Laois in Leinster 1st round. Management made crazy decisions with the team selection. Luckily for them they have a 2nd chance to take Laois, and this time at home. We can win it so long as they don't play our best back at no 11, or our best midfielder at no 5 etc again. I presume they learned and we can beat Laois, but an away game after that in Casement might be a step to far for now.