Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

was it as late as 89? remember being 17 playing Dunloy in a championship match!!

played ya's in the Minor Football Championship on a shite night at your pitch 88, i was only 16 at the time. won by a point, great team ya had too.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

funtime frankie

MR I see that after your campaign a couple of years back in relation to the Irish News calling their  awards the GAA awards that they have changed the name and call themselves the All Star awards. Just noticed that this morning because when you wrote into the Irish News that year your point struck a chord with me.

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2010, 11:31:31 PM
was it as late as 89? remember being 17 playing Dunloy in a championship match!!

Wasn't 89. Loughgiel (plus cloot) beat us in the senior semi final down in Cushendall about two/three weeks after the AIF

I'd guess 87
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on September 10, 2010, 09:06:15 AM

Wasn't 89. Cloot (plus Loughgiel) beat us in the senior semi final down in Cushendall about two/three weeks after the AIF

I'd guess 87

Corrected that for you Skull

pdiddy

I believe that was the day Paddy Carey from loughgiel beat Dunloy on his own !!  :D
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

theskull1

Thats because we had 3 men on cloot  :P

Paddy hurled well that season from what I mind.......can remember wee gusty doing a bit of damage that day as well.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

Busy weekend for St Gall's going by the fixtures.

slow corner back

Quote from: theskull1 on September 10, 2010, 09:06:15 AM

Wasn't 89. Loughgiel (plus cloot) beat us in the senior semi final down in Cushendall about two/three weeks after the AIF

I'd guess 87
I am pretty sure 87 was the year Dunloy beat Armoy in Armoy with a last minute goal in the first round of the championship. Dominic McMullan and Paddy Watson got sent off for boxing late on. It is the nearest I can remember to Armoy taking a decent scalp in the senior championship although apparantly we were useful in the seventies.

aontroim

Minor B Hurling Final Result;
Rasharkin  1-12 Creggan 1-12 (Draw)

Minor A Hurling Final Result
Cushendall 1-11  St Johns 0-13

'Dall managed to scrape past the Johnnies - fair dues as that was supposed to be a strong minor team they had.

Minder

Quote from: aontroim on September 11, 2010, 09:03:08 PM
Minor B Hurling Final Result;
Rasharkin  1-12 Creggan 1-12 (Draw)

Minor A Hurling Final Result
Cushendall 1-11  St Johns 0-13

'Dall managed to scrape past the Johnnies - fair dues as that was supposed to be a strong minor team they had.

I was very disappointed with the Johnnies. I thought they were gonna be better than that.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Not the greatest cushendall team but fair play to them. Won the league, darragh cup and championship undefeated all year.  Credit due our boys I think
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Yes big credit to the dall. I've managed teams against st johns and they were quality. so big result. hard work must have been the key here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Trout

Happy for John Smokey an his management team. You wouldn't meet a better clubman. All the sweeter for him knowing there were people in Cdall thought his management team wasn't up to it. Some of the minor squad thought the same. So well done Smokey.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Minder

Div 2 for our boys next year  :'(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

You have to hand it to the fixtures committee this year, mid sptember and most of the leagues sorted. Must be 90% of games completed which is not normally the case at this time of year.