Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

shawshank

Don't want to labour the point, but the man is so far out of his depth. If a man can't see that a forty yard hole needed to be plugged in a minor final in front of Clifford, enough said.

Derry Optimist

As a long advocate of having  at least two experienced players  on every line when one is introducing new players to a County team I agree with both Real Talk and Jog2's conclusions re the importance of fielding a strong side in every match in the League.This is how one builds up confidence and encourages the team to develop a winning momentum, albeit at Division Four Level.To do this properly Management needs to have all the best  and most experienced players at their disposal.It is here obviously that things have become more profoundly difficult for the current manager.

He has been unfortunate that  two of his most talented players in this regard ie Sean Leo McGoldrick and Mark Lynch have retired plus the fact that two more, Niall Holy and Colm McGoldrick, do not want to commit themselves to the County cause.Now  another poster  informs us that two other certainties whom I would have on the panel, Daniel Heavron and Emmett McGuckin, have been asked by their fellow club man to join the panel but they have refused. If this is true is there any point in some mediator asking them to reconsider for the sake of all concerned?When Daniel and Emmett played for Derry they always give a 100 per cent commitment on the field of play.Come on lads your county needs  you to resume  what all stakeholders in Derry want.Then management and ALL our best players will be able to do their best to recreate a  better future.Doire Abu.

markl121

Any word on venue for the league games?

JoG2

Of the 4 home games, if I mind right, 2 are down for Glen, 1 in Owenbeg and 1 in Celtic Pk. Will have a look and confirm

markl121

Quote from: JoG2 on December 29, 2018, 02:40:19 PM
Of the 4 home games, if I mind right, 2 are down for Glen, 1 in Owenbeg and 1 in Celtic Pk. Will have a look and confirm
thats pretty good if it stays that way, along with antrim away. Hopefully people get out and support.

braveheart

Quote from: markl121 on December 29, 2018, 02:42:27 PM
thats pretty good if it stays that way, along with antrim away. Hopefully people get out and support.
I can't see Glen being playable for 2 national league games. Bellaghy or Draperstown maybe but that Glen pitch is too heavy at this time of year. When the early rounds of the senior league was being played last year every game in Derry went ahead apart from A Glen home fixture which wasn't played because of an unplayable pitch.

JoG2

Quote from: braveheart on December 31, 2018, 11:28:09 AM
Quote from: markl121 on December 29, 2018, 02:42:27 PM
I can't see Glen being playable for 2 national league games. Bellaghy or Draperstown maybe but that Glen pitch is too heavy at this time of year. When the early rounds of the senior league was being played last year every game in Derry went ahead apart from A Glen home fixture which wasn't played because of an unplayable pitch.

You could be right re the South Derry venue for 2 of the home league games. Can't find the message I was sent atm but will look again.. Though it could change at the drop of a hat

Mountain Gael

Quote from: greenlight on January 01, 2019, 05:45:07 PM
How much stock can we really put in an average Bellaghy side winning an unofficial minor tournament? A lot of people getting carried away.
Lets give bellaghy credit. by all accounts they blew cross away and as a club they are on the rise again

restorepride

How much stock can we really put in an average Bellaghy side winning an unofficial minor tournament? A lot of people getting carried away.
From what I saw today it is certainly not an average Bellaghy side and it is an official tournament. Have you been in hibernation?!

oakleaflad

It is an official competition sanctioned by the Ulster council. Bellaghy thoroughly outplayed every side they met in Ulster and their closest challengers were from within our own county. I think this is encouraging.

JoG2

Being more positive not your new years resolution then?

Real Talk

Brilliant result for Bellaghy today and for Derry football,  gives these lads another 3/4 years and Bellaghy will be winning the John McLaughin Cup ... its in the 'genes'

Waataboutyee

Quote from: Real Talk on January 01, 2019, 09:21:12 PM
Brilliant result for Bellaghy today and for Derry football,  gives these lads another 3/4 years and Bellaghy will be winning the John McLaughin Cup ... its in the 'genes'
Given Derry's great history in the competition (16 titles in 37 years), I'm not sure its a brilliant result for Derry football.
It is a brilliant result for Bellaghy tho. I've seen them playing earlier this year and they have a lot of excellent players.

braveheart

Quote from: Waataboutyee on January 02, 2019, 05:00:46 PM
Quote from: Real Talk on January 01, 2019, 09:21:12 PM
Given Derry's great history in the competition (16 titles in 37 years), I'm not sure its a brilliant result for Derry football.
It is a brilliant result for Bellaghy tho. I've seen them playing earlier this year and they have a lot of excellent players.
16/37. Has the success in that competition been transferred to senior level for most of those winning teams?

Mountain Gael

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 01, 2019, 06:51:03 PM
It is an official competition sanctioned by the Ulster council. Bellaghy thoroughly outplayed every side they met in Ulster and their closest challengers were from within our own county. I think this is encouraging.
I notice in todays paper that this competition is classed as a tournament