Hijacked plane

Started by BennyHarp, March 29, 2016, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Seems like a crazy scene developing in Cyprus. The guy is demanding to see his ex-wife!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-35914875
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Of course when I heard it, I thought terrorism, but it seems like a guy has just gone to the edge. But how, in the middle east/north Africa of all places, does a guy get a suicide vest onto an aeroplane? Or is that just a bluff?

seafoid

I remember some pilot from Ethiopia or similar  diverted his plane to Geneva to claim asylum.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2016, 10:11:23 AM
I remember some pilot from Ethiopia or similar  diverted his plane to Geneva to claim asylum.

That I could understand, but for someone who is obviously a bit unhinged and/or desperate to be able to walk onto a plane and threaten to blow the plane up with a suicide vest, in this day and age, is almost WTF. Hopefully it all ends well.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 29, 2016, 10:15:43 AM

That I could understand, but for someone who is obviously a bit unhinged and/or desperate to be able to walk onto a plane and threaten to blow the plane up with a suicide vest, in this day and age, is almost WTF. Hopefully it all ends well.

Seems to have let all the passengers off now. But like you say, how on earth did he get on the plane in the first place?
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 29, 2016, 10:18:07 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 29, 2016, 10:15:43 AM

Seems to have let all the passengers off now. But like you say, how on earth did he get on the plane in the first place?
Egypt's recent history on airline security would answer that question.

MoChara

The Guardian quoted a foreign ministry official in Cairo as saying: "He's not a terrorist, he's an idiot. Terrorists are crazy but they aren't stupid. This guy is."

Seems he wants Political Assylum and to see his ex Wife who lives in Cyprus, good luck with that.

AZOffaly

Pretty bizarre stuff. It can't have been too tense on the plane!