Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 11, 2019, 10:36:35 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on October 10, 2019, 11:33:05 PM
Im.not getting into a abortion debate on a gaa forum which is exactly my point

I agree, leave it at that, keep this forum strictly sensible football talk
sensible football talk? On here? Lol

southtyronegael

An ex Tyrone ladies captain has popped up to say she will vote dup at next election because of abortion. Jesus wept.

GaelTheGael

Still Trillick and Errigal game to be played but I think a few players have really stood out in the championship this season and have fairly decent recent history with Tyrone underage, university etc that I'd like to see called up.
Daniel Kerr, Ronan Nugent, Conor Quinn - Galbally
Conn Kilpatrick, Paul Donaghy - Edendork
Niall Kelly, Darragh Canavan - Errigal
Tiernan Quinn - Coalisland
Ruairi Kelly - Trillick
Tiernan Murray - Carrickmore
Conall Grimes - Loughmacrory
Obviously that's a lot of players to call up, and Tyrone U20s from last year and this year coming will likely get call ups in the future. But think a clear out of the squad players is needed and the majority of them would offer an improvement on those players who are not seeing game time outside of the mckenna cup, early league games.

southtyronegael

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 11, 2019, 11:35:39 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on October 11, 2019, 11:16:40 AM
An ex Tyrone ladies captain has popped up to say she will vote dup at next election because of abortion. Jesus wept.

thanks, ill add this to my list of lies ive heard today
was on the news so hardly lies.

redhandefender

Strictly football? my a*$e I think its ridiculous for tyrone gaa getting involved in things like that. Garvaghey should be strictly football and other gaa sports not for grand standing political and religious statements.

five points

Quote from: redhandefender on October 11, 2019, 01:01:48 PM

Strictly football? my a*$e I think its ridiculous for tyrone gaa getting involved in things like that. Garvaghey should be strictly football and other gaa sports not for grand standing political and religious statements.

Sexist much? Nobody advocated barring Mickey Harte, Joe Brolly or Eamon McGee from GAA-owned facilities when they made similarly political statements as private individuals.

laceer

Absolutely,whatever their viewpoint. Sexism has nothing to do with this. Who sanctioned the use of Garvaghy for this rubbish anyway? Can anyone rock up and start giving interviews on whatever they see fit?
Keep politics and religion as far away from sport as possible.

redhandefender

Quote from: five points on October 11, 2019, 01:26:16 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on October 11, 2019, 01:01:48 PM

Sexist much? Nobody advocated barring Mickey Harte, Joe Brolly or Eamon McGee from GAA-owned facilities when they made similarly political statements as private individuals.

Sorry what are you talking about? Where did I say anything about barring anyone? I don't care what her opinions are or who he/she is. They should not be making political/religious statements and portraying it like she is speaking on behalf of tyrone GAA. Which was clearly the aim. Garvaghey was bought and paid for by members and clubs for GAA purposes. It should not be used to promote a political or religious ideology

five points

Quote from: redhandefender on October 11, 2019, 03:33:16 PM
Sorry what are you talking about? Where did I say anything about barring anyone? I don't care what her opinions are or who he/she is. They should not be making political/religious statements and portraying it like she is speaking on behalf of tyrone GAA. Which was clearly the aim. Garvaghey was bought and paid for by members and clubs for GAA purposes. It should not be used to promote a political or religious ideology

The Ladies Association isn't even part of the GAA.

inroundthesquare

Quote from: GaelTheGael on October 11, 2019, 11:59:20 AM
Still Trillick and Errigal game to be played but I think a few players have really stood out in the championship this season and have fairly decent recent history with Tyrone underage, university etc that I'd like to see called up.
Daniel Kerr, Ronan Nugent, Conor Quinn - Galbally
Conn Kilpatrick, Paul Donaghy - Edendork
Niall Kelly, Darragh Canavan - Errigal
Tiernan Quinn - Coalisland
Ruairi Kelly - Trillick
Tiernan Murray - Carrickmore
Conall Grimes - Loughmacrory
Obviously that's a lot of players to call up, and Tyrone U20s from last year and this year coming will likely get call ups in the future. But think a clear out of the squad players is needed and the majority of them would offer an improvement on those players who are not seeing game time outside of the mckenna cup, early league games.

Agree with most of these although Kerr, Donaghy and Murray are probably behind the likes of Lee Brennan and Mark Bradley who could both be back in along with Canavan, McCurry, McAliskey etc. But no harm to give them a run out in McKenna Cup.
Was Ryan Gray on the squad this year? He has a bit of size about him and is good for 2/3 points a game for Trillick at the moment.
Eoghan Murray from Tattyreagh? Not sure how he got on in Div 1 this year but was excellent last year in Intermediate.

inroundthesquare

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 12, 2019, 01:13:25 AM
Donaghy brutal in both championship games anyway. The real question is, are you f**king clueless?

2 points from play in the first game. 4 points from play in the replay.

Angelo

Donaghy brutal in both championship games anyway. The real question is, are you f**king clueless?

If he is kicking scores from play at the frequency he does when he's brutal then that's an encouraging sign.

Donaghy certainly deserves a chance with Tyrone given his club form and how he has down with Tyrone at underage.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

under the bar

He gave a good analysis. Let's hear yours?

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on October 10, 2019, 10:56:02 PM
Can any one explain why the bbc are doing an interview from garvaghey tonight in respect of abortion. Whatever your views surely this is a terrible step from tyrone. It looks like turone gaa have made a political or religious stance! This is a very difficult issue for a lot of people. Lisa o hares (nee Mc girr) sister is married to Mickey hartes son. Explains alot.

The Bearded One

Interesting that quotes from Mickey Harte about the new S&C appointment say that essentially he is answerable to the medical team...which is headed up by.......Michael Harte.
It is what it is. Presumably.