Laois Senior B Hurling Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutralobserver

Crest of a wave for rosenallis. Don't b surprised to see them winning this out

merman

Rosenallis were outstanding.
Colt just never got close enough to them. Too fast, too powerful and too many scoring options.

Good year for Colt but huge concerns about how consistent they can be at sustaining even this level.

Hurleronthefence

Rosenallis are very strong, and cant see them being bet in the final.

Not sure where Merman is from, but couldn't agree with his assertions on Colt- they have the smallest pick from the 4no teams in the semi's.

merman

Quote from: Hurleronthefence on October 07, 2019, 11:02:56 AM
Rosenallis are very strong, and cant see them being bet in the final.

Not sure where Merman is from, but couldn't agree with his assertions on Colt- they have the smallest pick from the 4no teams in the semi's.

I'm not really sure what you disagree with.

My concern for Colt is that we don't have huge numbers coming through. Realistically, they're a couple of players short of being competitive at this grade (despite topping their group) and there isn't a whole lot coming through to supplement the current team/panel.

burdizzo

Colt essentially have nothing coming through. They'll be in big trouble in 10 years, or so. Same w/ Shanahoe.

clonadmad

I know this isn't the popular view in a lot of places but Colt shanahoe and ourselves need to do some hard talking at adult level.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: clonadmad on October 07, 2019, 01:02:53 PM
I know this isn't the popular view in a lot of places but Colt shanahoe and ourselves need to do some hard talking at adult level.

Absolutely. Look at Borris-Kilcotton for example. Merged in 2011 and have won a county senior title since, and they are probably slight favourites to win it again this year.

Obviously it's not all about success, and pride of the parish is apart of GAA culture as well. But when numbers are dwindling like they are in some areas around the county, some sort of action needs to be taken.

You could make this same argument for some footballing areas as well. Progressive thinking is needed if Laois want to sustain and grow from the level they're at as a strong dual county.

Mossy Bruce

I was only able to following The Harps v Ballyfin match via Twitter but it looked like the Harps were on fire. And what a way to open a match with a goal by Cieran Comerford. Great job, lads!

It will be one helluva final.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Unlaoised

Ballyfin were poor looked like a team not coached at all.

The Harps were physical and well drilled but hit too many sides to be considered favourites for the final .

Ballyfin had a great year for such a small club they can be proud but the best two teams by far are in the final
LAOIS ABÚ

Keyser Söze

The margin of victory was a little surprising, but the results as expected.
I didn't get to either but from what I have heard and read the two beaten semi finalists are simply very very limited.

A bit of doom and gloom about Colt and their future, but I think they have a brighter one than Ballyfin in the next few years.
Underage has been cruelly neglected in that parish for several years. Hop into bed with anyone, under any name and any jersey. It's hardly the way to build a club, an identity or produce a strong squad.
Colt, in fairness to them were involved in a steady long term arrangement and always pulled their weight in it. It's a bit more muddied now, but they are committed to it at least.

The Harps and Rosenallis are the top two, and it will be a good game. I'll reserve judgement for now!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Downtheroad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 07, 2019, 11:38:21 PM
The margin of victory was a little surprising, but the results as expected.
I didn't get to either but from what I have heard and read the two beaten semi finalists are simply very very limited.

A bit of doom and gloom about Colt and their future, but I think they have a brighter one than Ballyfin in the next few years.
Underage has been cruelly neglected in that parish for several years. Hop into bed with anyone, under any name and any jersey. It's hardly the way to build a club, an identity or produce a strong squad.
Colt, in fairness to them were involved in a steady long term arrangement and always pulled their weight in it. It's a bit more muddied now, but they are committed to it at least.

The Harps and Rosenallis are the top two, and it will be a good game. I'll reserve judgement for now!
Considering Ballyfin got to the senior football semi, it's a cheap shot having a go at them as a lot of their key players play both codes. They looked a tired team tonight.   

Keyser Söze

Not a cheap shot at all. It's fact. I'm not well acquainted with what they have coming through in that code. Read what I have said as it was written, not with any other self prescribed agenda.
I've been saying all year here that they are very limited, not waiting for defeat to say it.
It's a discussion board right?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Unlaoised on October 07, 2019, 10:40:03 PM
Ballyfin were poor looked like a team not coached at all

The Harps were physical and well drilled but hit too many sides to be considered favourites for the final .

Ballyfin had a great year for such a small club they can be proud but the best two teams by far are in the final
Unspectacular win for the harps this evening. Very wasteful in their shooting in the 2nd half which maybe was affected by the months break.
Ballyfin seemed intent on winning the physical battle to the detriment of some of the players performances. If they just hurled the score would of been a lot closer.
It will be a tight final with rosenallis flying at the moment. Its whoever produces the performance on the day will win.

blueandwhite1

Makes for 2 great games in O'Moore Park on Oct 20th. Hope the weather is good for it. Hard to call each match.

Mossy Bruce

Has Rosenallis hurled at the Senior Championship level before? If so, when was the last year they did this? Thanks.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!