China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

I'll be having most of the team back into the office in next few weeks. all within the guidelines, but I think we've been given the all clear now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ardtole on July 02, 2020, 03:28:40 PM
My next door neighbours son works in finance, lives in Navan, and he was travelling to Galway twice a week for meetings. I presume his colleagues were travelling from other parts of the country too.

Now it is all done by zoom, said they will never meet collectively for meetings again. Absolute madness what they were doing in hindsight he reckoned.

My sister in law works in some finance position in Dublin as well,  her whole office is working from home for the rest of this year, apparently productivity is up and very few want to return full time to the office environment.

Might bring house prices down in Dublin! If the job sector you are in means you can work from home then the need to move to Dublin or close to will become less of a problem for people, huge benefits for rural areas which would have lost a lot of people and players to the Big Smoke!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2020, 03:54:18 PM
My next door neighbours son works in finance, lives in Navan, and he was travelling to Galway twice a week for meetings. I presume his colleagues were travelling from other parts of the country too.

Now it is all done by zoom, said they will never meet collectively for meetings again. Absolute madness what they were doing in hindsight he reckoned.

My sister in law works in some finance position in Dublin as well,  her whole office is working from home for the rest of this year, apparently productivity is up and very few want to return full time to the office environment.

Might bring house prices down in Dublin! If the job sector you are in means you can work from home then the need to move to Dublin or close to will become less of a problem for people, huge benefits for rural areas which would have lost a lot of people and players to the Big Smoke!

Commercial property is a cooked goose. Those developers will be hit hard. City centre office space and retail units, either on the high street of shopping centres are going to be worth nothing. Rent then mortgage defaults, other ventures those developers involved in defaulting as well, banks under pressure. A squeeze all around, job loses and then the dreaded 'R' word.

J70

The Hudson Valley/Catskills area 100 miles north of NYC is currently seeing an explosion in demand for housing due to the amount of people who had been toying with the idea of leaving, finally deciding to go for it in the new post-COVID world. Houses selling instantly for cash based only on online listings.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/realestate/a-run-on-the-catskills.html

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: trailer on July 02, 2020, 04:02:26 PM

Commercial property is a cooked goose. Those developers will be hit hard. City centre office space and retail units, either on the high street of shopping centres are going to be worth nothing. Rent then mortgage defaults, other ventures those developers involved in defaulting as well, banks under pressure. A squeeze all around, job loses and then the dreaded 'R' word.

Was talking to a guy today whose company has just taken a 16 million pound lease on office space in London. Workers are refusing to go back in.

Smurfy123

Massive end of month stats coming out of Florida regarding Covid 19

March
15k cases
765 deaths
4.8% fatality

April
22k cases
1500 deaths
6.7% fatality

May
23k cases
900 deaths
4% fatality

June
85k cases
360 deaths
0.4% fatality

WOW

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 02, 2020, 04:29:11 PM

March
15k cases
765 deaths
4.8% fatality

April
22k cases
1500 deaths
6.7% fatality

May
23k cases
900 deaths
4% fatality

June
85k cases
360 deaths
0.4% fatality

WOW

Death rates are dropping WOW, that's because they know how to fight the virus better than they did at the start, this drug that USA has bought solely for themselves will combat people getting the virus.

And Trumps new policy of not testing anyone as it increases the rates seems to be working well also ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

So why do you continue to scaremonger?
6 weeks ago you had the place closed until a vaccine
Why move the goalposts?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 02, 2020, 04:48:10 PM
So why do you continue to scaremonger?
6 weeks ago you had the place closed until a vaccine
Why move the goalposts?

You're making stuff up again, show me a post where I said close Everything till there's a vaccine? You need to stay off the glue

Smurfy123

You were one of the crew that wanted all places kept closed.
So after moving into phase 3 almost 3 weeks ago the magical R Number in the north is down to between 0.3-0.8 the lowest yet.
What do you put that down to milltown?

armaghniac

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 02, 2020, 05:51:11 PM
You were one of the crew that wanted all places kept closed.
So after moving into phase 3 almost 3 weeks ago the magical R Number in the north is down to between 0.3-0.8 the lowest yet.
What do you put that down to milltown?

Far be it from me to speak for Miltown, but that is pure luck.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

March
15k cases
765 deaths
4.8% fatality

April
22k cases
1500 deaths
6.7% fatality

May
23k cases
900 deaths
4% fatality

June
85k cases
360 deaths
0.4% fatality

WOW

f**k me.  :o

You are aware people have to become infected and develop a disease before they can die and suffer severe effects from it, right?

Those 85 thousand cases from June are yet to run their course. Let's see where the death count stands in a month or six weeks.

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on July 02, 2020, 06:04:46 PM

March
15k cases
765 deaths
4.8% fatality

April
22k cases
1500 deaths
6.7% fatality

May
23k cases
900 deaths
4% fatality

June
85k cases
360 deaths
0.4% fatality

WOW

f**k me.  :o

You are aware people have to become infected and develop a disease before they can die and suffer severe effects from it, right?

Those 85 thousand cases from June are yet to run their course. Let's see where the death count stands in a month or six weeks.

and over 10,000 yesterday. Those sort of daily numbers will put hospitals under pressure.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

A lot of icus creaking in the states by all accounts.

Rossfan

Was talking  to a chap who got it in May.
Didn't require hospitalisation.
He is suffering since with fatigue and gets breathless very easily.
He generally feels poorly these days.
That from a relatively mild dose.
Now if you had a tube stuck down into your lungs and you in an induced coma for maybe 3 weeks....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM