Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yewtree

Eamonn Burns RIP.

Great player, great servant to the GAA, a big loss.

Targetman

Was lucky enough to see Eamon Burns in his prime winning 2 All Ireland's, a great servant to Down football, R.I P.

thejuice

RIP Eamon

Will be remembered around Meath for being a great player on a great team that put us to the sword. There's a lot of respect for that team here even if ye broke our hearts. Our thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

snoopdog

Quote from: thejuice on October 09, 2019, 08:14:12 PM
RIP Eamon

Will be remembered around Meath for being a great player on a great team that put us to the sword. There's a lot of respect for that team here even if ye broke our hearts. Our thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.

This post sums Eamonn up . Great player recognised and respected not only In his own county. RIP.  Tragedy to go so young.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: thebar on October 09, 2019, 07:22:36 PM
Quote from: Lotto on October 09, 2019, 06:38:44 PM
Eamonn Burns was always a leader in Down football. He stood up in '91 and '94 when he was needed and yet again in 2016 when the county couldn't get a manager, he stood up. He was abused from everyone, and in particular on here, when things didn't go our way but he kept coming back. He took us to the Ulster Final in 2017 and I'm sure this gave him great pride, though the result never went our way. He was slated again in 2018 and sadly walked. We don't have enough men like Eamonn Burns who will put their shoulder to the wheel whenever they are needed. RIP Eamonn, you can be proud of your contribution to Down football in so many ways.

Well said Lotto. As you said Eamon stepped in for a number of years to manage the county during a time when some of the older boys were hanging up the boots and there wasn't much coming through to replace them. And not 1 in the county would have taken them either so for that we should be thankful and thank him for his not insignificant role during the glory years of the early 90's. For me his performances in the All Ireland Final of '91 and '94 Ulster final showed what a classy powerful player he was. Thanks Eamon for the memories...A gentleman and great GAA man. RIP Eamon.

Excellent posts lads, anyone viewing on here to read reactions, just read these and take a moment... RIP  Eamonn
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

whitegoodman

Is it true the Point had a press day last week ?  Would this sort of thing normally be done by club teams ?

downjim

A press day- a press week I think. Come on CPN, stay out of papers and concentrate on the football, kilcoo probably laughing at the hype.

supersub

If they did, good move. All out of the road at the same time. Players can concentrate on a good week's training. Only seems like a media week as the papers are out on different days. Professionally run, a lot like the rest of their club. To be commended. Who cares what Kilcoo think. Enjoy the occasion play the game. Best of luck to both clubs.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: supersub on October 10, 2019, 08:49:57 PM
If they did, good move. All out of the road at the same time. Players can concentrate on a good week's training. Only seems like a media week as the papers are out on different days. Professionally run, a lot like the rest of their club. To be commended. Who cares what Kilcoo think. Enjoy the occasion play the game. Best of luck to both clubs.
It wasn't a press day. Local paper came to big breakfast on Saturday morning. A couple of photos taken. All over in 10 minutes !!

yewtree

Press day a great positive celebration for the point.

By comparison another club from The East is causing press headlines for all the wrong reasons their antics and unsporting behaviour is tarnishing our great county.

Everybody is talking about friends from youth football are all disgusted and any goodwill the gaelic is getting from grassroots football may be lost if this continues. Today more than ever is there football boys playing gaelic - antics with verbals can lose this goodwill.

Let's hope this period has come to an end and we can have a County Final day without this horrible sideshow , from Ulster Club antics years ago to this please God it ends now.

The peoples favourite The Point have a county's goodwill behind them.

PTC

Quote from: yewtree on October 11, 2019, 06:45:16 PM
Press day a great positive celebration for the point.

By comparison another club from The East is causing press headlines for all the wrong reasons their antics and unsporting behaviour is tarnishing our great county.

Everybody is talking about friends from youth football are all disgusted and any goodwill the gaelic is getting from grassroots football may be lost if this continues. Today more than ever is there football boys playing gaelic - antics with verbals can lose this goodwill.

Let's hope this period has come to an end and we can have a County Final day without this horrible sideshow , from Ulster Club antics years ago to this please God it ends now.

The peoples favourite The Point have a county's goodwill behind them.
😂😂 i would say the club from the east are devastated that neutrals will be cheering on the point

Last Caress

😂😂 i would say the club from the east are devastated that neutrals will be cheering on the point
[/quote]

Why would they???

PTC

Quote from: Last Caress on October 11, 2019, 10:55:54 PM

Why would they???
[/quote]sorry I should of said I was being sarcastic 🙄! Kilcoo won't give a f**k who is there supporting the point

Last Caress

Quote from: PTC on October 11, 2019, 11:23:39 PM
Quote from: Last Caress on October 11, 2019, 10:55:54 PM

Why would they???
sorry I should of said I was being sarcastic 🙄! Kilcoo won't give a f**k who is there supporting the point
[/quote]

now that sounds about right 👍

Smurfy123

Now Jarlath Burns has commented on kilcooos sledging. No place in the game for that and if he gets in as president he will be stamping it out. Anyword how Kilcoo got on at the ulster council appeals last night? They would have been safer to take the suspension and move on as it has got some bad publicity since Sunday. This has happened before so it's not a one off incident