Davy Fitz new wexford manager

Started by Unlaoised, October 06, 2016, 10:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 12, 2016, 09:21:08 AM
Quote from: Zulu on October 11, 2016, 11:08:26 PM
That no longer works though and I find it hard to see how an outsider can appeal to the emotional side of Wexford men more than one of their modern hero's did. Davy might get a one year 'new (bonkers) voice' boost but he has neither the talent in the Wexford squad or the tactical acumen himself to produce a good end game.

Davy does seem to find that emotional trigger though. And Wexford are that sort of animal. Whether it was LIT, Clare or Waterford, he always seems to have a short term effect from a motivational standpoint.

I agree about his tactics, but if he plays that sweeper game like he did in Clare, he'll probably make Wexford a bit harder to beat.

But beaten they will be nonetheless. I'm not sure glorious defeat for Wexford is what they need at the minute.

In Conor McDonald they've one of the best target men about. Isolate him and allow the opposition greater numbers in front of him and he'll soon get frustrated as hell, like the Clare lads, who toughed it out for a few years on the strength of the 2013 AI win.

macdanger2

Anyone hear the Darach Honan interview on OTB??

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 13, 2017, 11:28:57 PM
is he blaming Davy for his over training injuries

macdanger2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on November 14, 2017, 12:14:13 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 13, 2017, 11:28:57 PM
is he blaming Davy for his over training injuries

Not explicitly but that's the gist of it

manfromdelmonte

such a pity. was a great player. especially at U21