American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: thejuice on October 21, 2008, 10:42:19 PM
49ers have fired Mike Nolan, I really thought they were going to turn it around with JT O'Sullivan but it hasn't happened.

Now Mike Singletary is their Head Coach, "Samuri" Mike will put them through the ringer to get some wins.

Mike was the star linebacker for the Super Bowl Champs Chicago Bears in 85, pitty he wasn't asked to coach in Chicago as an assistant.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

thejuice

http://jperson.thestateonline.com/?p=125

I have to say, it doesnt look like the ref was trying to get out of the way to me.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Is the "International Series" at Wembley running for another two years? Went last year, cant go this year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

turk

Quote from: thejuice on October 23, 2008, 01:57:04 PM

I have to say, it doesnt look like the ref was trying to get out of the way to me.

ha ha superb!

full back

Quote from: thejuice on October 23, 2008, 01:57:04 PM

Have to say it doesnt take much to put the quarterback down :-\

thejuice

Well you cant run through referee's, its a penalty even if its inadvertent. And that referee was an All-American linebacker in his day so its not like he ran into Michael Curley
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

what was the story there juice as you said it looks like the referee took him out
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magickingdom

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 23, 2008, 05:21:07 PM
what was the story there juice as you said it looks like the referee took him out

looked like that to me too. some crowd at that game

thejuice

Well if you read the full article they decided that the referee was only protecting himself, but I dont know looks like he went to meet him. However you notice that the QB turns up field just a few secs before the collision so perhaps at full speed that might have been the case.

Puckoon

Camera angles it must be, but from that angle it looks as if the referee is initiating the contact with a raised right shoulder.

lfdown2

so any of ye fancy meeting for a pint over the weekend?

AZOffaly

If you're in the porterhouse on Saturday night, or the Green Man on Sunday, I'm always very open to having a pint and a chat :D

lfdown2

the drunk man in the cards top??

Rossie11

Will be in Green man in Wembley on Sunday as well.
Looks like the spot to be

AZOffaly

If you're in the Fear Glas on Sunday, I'll be the one with the Edgerrin James Arizona Cardinals jersey. There's unlikely to be many of us! :D