American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 21, 2008, 03:12:51 PM
Matt Ryan signs a $72 million dollar 6-year deal with the Dirty Birds

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12118_3591406,00.html

Hes battling Redman and Joey for the starter spot, anyone think he will be under centre week 1?
Not too many high QB picks start as rookies,

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 21, 2008, 11:19:39 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 21, 2008, 03:12:51 PM
Matt Ryan signs a $72 million dollar 6-year deal with the Dirty Birds

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12118_3591406,00.html

Hes battling Redman and Joey for the starter spot, anyone think he will be under centre week 1?
Not too many high QB picks start as rookies,

the falcons will be running alot this year with turner (LT's backup from SD), so I can't see him starting week1 more likely week 6-8.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Claw

They say the money Ryan is on is more than Tom Brady and on a Par with Peyton Manning. If I was Brady I'd stroll into the Chairmans office with my three rings and several MVP awards and ask how this dude who has never played a game gets more money than him.

AZOffaly

It's unreal for a rookie straight out of college to get that sort of money alright, especially in a salary cap environment. You'd pick up a few decent receivers or running backs, with a couple of years experience, for that money.

Still that's the way these rookie deals are going these days.

Minder

That is always the way with rookie deals, if the #3 pick in 2007 got $50 mill then the #3 pick in '08 is going to get more. It is also a reason why a lot of teams are becoming more interested in trading down in the draft due to the money involved and the fact the player has never played a down. Prime example - Ryan Leaf.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

By the way, the lottery for the rest of us schmucks (unlike Deel Rover) for tickets for the Chargers - Saints game is on today. Best of luck. If you get spares, and I don't remember me :)

AZOffaly

FCUK ME!! That was weird. Just as I typed my previous post, my outlook flashed up an inbox, and lookee here :D

Congratulations! Buy Tickets for NFL International Series 2008!

Dear NFL fan

Ticketing PIN Code: ########

Congratulations! You have been selected from a random lottery to be among the first fans able to purchase tickets for the 2008 International Series game at Wembley Stadium on Sunday October 26th between the New Orleans Saints and San Diego Chargers.

You will be able to purchase up to a maximum of four tickets for this game which features two of the NFL's most exciting teams going head to head on UK turf.

The sale will take place on Thursday May 29th, starting at 10:00 a.m. Tickets will be available for up to 72 hours from that time. Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be more applicants than seats available, so please purchase early to avoid disappointment. Last year in the opening sale 40,000 tickets went in less than 90 minutes, so please be prompt to avoid disappointment.

Lone Shark

Mise freisin. Bring it on. We might even get more than 23 points this time!!

;D

Gabriel_Hurl

Today I managed to snag 8 tickets - 13 rows from the field on the 30 yard line for the Bills vs the Chargers on the weekend after my birthday.

The week before the London game

Happy Days!!!!

The Claw

I wasnt so lucky, any spares?!

thejuice

More tickets on sale tomorrow(thursday) at 10am, dont forget unlike someone last year who I know who forget to get out of bed to book tickets, lucky
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossie11

In a queue last 10 mins.. anyone get them yet?

AZOffaly

turk

thejuice

Got 4 tickets, £70, prices gone up on last year. Rejected my credit card 4 times, I was shitting myself. but its done now, phew.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016