The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on July 05, 2019, 02:53:01 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 05, 2019, 02:19:15 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 05, 2019, 01:46:45 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 05, 2019, 12:03:56 PM
I'm a Nadal fan, but finding Federer's tennis boring?! Really?

It's more so his personality and blandness

Nadal is hardly the life of the party.

Never seen Nadal in a cardigan for a pre match outfit.

And of course that's the bit that doesn't make you boring!

Novak has some aces here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on July 05, 2019, 02:53:01 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 05, 2019, 02:19:15 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 05, 2019, 01:46:45 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 05, 2019, 12:03:56 PM
I'm a Nadal fan, but finding Federer's tennis boring?! Really?

It's more so his personality and blandness

Nadal is hardly the life of the party.

Never seen Nadal in a cardigan for a pre match outfit.

Only in tennis does a cardigan make you an interesting person!

quit yo jibbajabba

Val Doonican missed a trick..

Angelo

Another fairly pathetic showing from the new gen at this year's Wimbledon.

9 of the last 16 are in their 30s, just 2 of the remaining field are below the age of 27.

Federer 37
Verdasco 35
Nadal 33
Djokovic 32
Bautista Agut 31
Kukushkin 31
Querrey 31
Paire 30
Sousa 30
Nishikori 29
Pella 29
Raonic 28
Goffin 28
Sandgren 27
Berrettini 23
Humbert 21

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on July 07, 2019, 08:21:02 PM

9 of the last 16 are in their 30s, just 2 of the remaining field are below the age of 27.

Federer 37
Verdasco 35
Nadal 33
Djokovic 32
Bautista Agut 31
Kukushkin 31
Querrey 31
Paire 30
Sousa 30
Nishikori 29
Pella 29
Raonic 28
Goffin 28
Sandgren 27
Berrettini 23
Humbert 21

'Heightist' 'surfacist' and now ageist!! You truly are lost on how it works, the best players win. Fed Novak and Nadal are the best players, have won on all surfaces (gland-slams) tall players don't make better players, it may help in the serve on harder surfaces but after they serve they have return them !!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Jaysus I've only heard of 4 of them, back in the day ya would know most of them..

quit yo jibbajabba

The wemen are worse again boycey.. twasnt for the williamses youd be snookered hi

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2019, 09:23:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 07, 2019, 08:21:02 PM

Federer 37
Verdasco 35
Nadal 33
Djokovic 32
Bautista Agut 31
Kukushkin 31
Querrey 31
Paire 30
Sousa 30
Nishikori 29
Pella 29
Raonic 28
Goffin 28
Sandgren 27
Berrettini 23
Humbert 21

'Heightist' 'surfacist' and now ageist!! You truly are lost on how it works, the best players win. Fed Novak and Nadal are the best players, have won on all surfaces (gland-slams) tall players don't make better players, it may help in the serve on harder surfaces but after they serve they have return them !!

You're very tetchy.

gallsman

The Big 3 have waltzed to the semifinal absolutely untouched. Batista Agut might give Djokovic a decent game this year and the Nadal-Federer match should be close. Nadal probably playing marginally better then the other two.

After the '08 final I'm not sure many people would have reckoned it would take 11 years to get the rematch.

imtommygunn

The Belgian completely capitulated against Djokovic. He looked fantastic and then just fell apart(or Djokovic just sussed him out)

Milltown Row2

So this stupid competition of only giraffes who hit big serves has allowed average size tennis players into the last four? No way

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2019, 09:12:39 PM
So this stupid competition of only giraffes who hit big serves has allowed average size tennis players into the last four? No way

The giraffes go a lot better on Wimbledon than they do on any other surface. That's just proven in the stats. Guys like Karolovic (6ft11), Isner (6ft10), Opelka (7ft), Anderson (6ft8) all have had their best career performances at Wimbledon. Slam finalists like Philopoussis, winners like Kraijcek - everything comes off the serve. Guys like Raonic and Cilic have been finalists in recent years, Big Sam Querrey has been in the last 8 three times in 4 years and the last 4 once in that time.

Last year we had a semi final with over 100 aces in it between a 6ft10 and 6ft8 giraffe.

Generally the bigger and taller you are, the better you serve. But it's not always the case, Federer is one of the best servers the game has seen. Peter Sampras was not a giraffe but he was a pretty one dimensional player where everything came off his serve.

A big serve alone will bring you a long, long way on grass - you just have to look at the performances of the big servers on grass.

This year the giraffes didn't go as well, maybe some of them are past their best.

Angelo

Fancy Nadal to make it 11-3 in his head to head with Federer on Friday.

Even though it's Federer's favourite surface I think Nadal is playing with real confidence at the minute, he looks fit and healthy and I haven't seen him play as aggressive and boss games on grass like he has been doing this year for a long time.

Djokovic should come through his semi with relative ease and will still be the man to beat.

Kidder81

Quote from: Angelo on July 10, 2019, 09:49:45 PM
Fancy Nadal to make it 11-3 in his head to head with Federer on Friday.

Even though it's Federer's favourite surface I think Nadal is playing with real confidence at the minute, he looks fit and healthy and I haven't seen him play as aggressive and boss games on grass like he has been doing this year for a long time.

Djokovic should come through his semi with relative ease and will still be the man to beat.

Yeah Nadals fitness is unbelievable  ::)

Milltown Row2

You're actually full of crap, Sampras one dimensional! You'll be tell me Borg was one dimensional also ffs!