Author Topic: Derry Club Football & Hurling  (Read 452221 times)

Uncle Phil

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club Football & Hurling
« Reply #780 on: February 11, 2018, 03:25:24 PM »
One idiot's actions (or perceived actions in this case) shouldn't tarnish the club he plays for.
Well that depends, did the club wash their hands of him or did they go crying to the county board to get his suspension lessened and give him the all clear to keep representing them?

Hahahahaha, that’s rich coming from a loup man. Did your club wash their hands of any players in recent years? Some of them belonged in Maghaberry. Ballinsacreen club backed a player they believed to be innocent. No different to what any other club would do. So unless you were at the match, saw what happened, and have something more to offer other than useless antagonism, pipe down.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 11, 2018, 05:53:41 PM »
Today’s @UlsterGAA match v @GortinGAA has unfortunately been postponed due to the weather https://t.co/HZ9tTJ9npN

The sleet showers were bad alright in the city today

36-03-09

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 11, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »
One idiot's actions (or perceived actions in this case) shouldn't tarnish the club he plays for.
Well that depends, did the club wash their hands of him or did they go crying to the county board to get his suspension lessened and give him the all clear to keep representing them?

Hahahahaha, that’s rich coming from a loup man. Did your club wash their hands of any players in recent years? Some of them belonged in Maghaberry. Ballinsacreen club backed a player they believed to be innocent. No different to what any other club would do. So unless you were at the match, saw what happened, and have something more to offer other than useless antagonism, pipe down.

Is that a no then? Pipe down? Or what? You'll send McSorley after me with a hurl? Is that the Draperstown way now?

Dirty wee club with a dirty wee mentality standing by a dirty wee player.

Uncle Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 11, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »

Is that a no then? Pipe down? Or what? You'll send McSorley after me with a hurl? Is that the Draperstown way now?

Dirty wee club with a dirty wee mentality standing by a dirty wee player.

Classy comment, from a classy lad, from the least classy club in Derry.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 11, 2018, 07:32:56 PM »
Today’s @UlsterGAA match v @GortinGAA has unfortunately been postponed due to the weather https://t.co/HZ9tTJ9npN

Some pitch. That is the main thing.

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 11, 2018, 09:03:06 PM »
Take your anti-city bias and ram it up your hole.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 11, 2018, 10:25:32 PM »

Too right Tickle.

shantygael

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 11, 2018, 11:19:24 PM »

At least we were on the ball by informing gortin at 9.15 am before they travelled. Even sent them a pic. Lol
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 12, 2018, 09:51:47 AM »

I want to apologise to everyone for my bad language last night and to restore pride. I was having a few drinks and you know the craic like, so I would like to say this in response

Thanks y’wall

Josey Wales

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 12, 2018, 10:24:53 AM »

I want to apologise to everyone for my bad language last night and to restore pride. I was having a few drinks and you know the craic like, so I would like to say this in response

Thanks y’wall

To it starts producing county footballers you can ram your city up your hole.

TheOptimist

• Stay til the end
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 12, 2018, 10:50:44 AM »

Thanks y’wall

To it starts producing county footballers you can ram your city up your hole.

Derry county teams don't win championships these days without city boys on the team!

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 12, 2018, 11:16:11 PM »

Too right Tickle.
Take your anti-Steelstown bias and stick it up your apostrophe!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 12, 2018, 11:33:24 PM »

Too right Tickle.
Take your anti-Steelstown bias and stick it up your apostrophe!

Have you lost the plot? I never mentioned apostrophe. You still smarting from your lack of knowledge of grass roots facts. Do you even understand the word bias?

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 13, 2018, 10:20:13 AM »
Only mid-February and the wheels seem to be well and truly falling off.

Derry have lost Niall Keenan and Ciaran McFaul for the remainder of the year.

Both men are going to head to the United States travelling in May and, even though they will still be at home for the remainder of the national league, it was agreed that they should quit the Oak Leaf panel with immediate effect as they won't be around for the championship.

"We have known for a period of time that both Niall and Ciaran had plans to travel in 2018," manager Damian McErlain confirmed in The Irish News. "Obviously it was disappointing to the management and players, however, we have to respect the wishes of Niall and Ciaran. They both would be a loss to any team in the country.

"Players make decisions at different stages in their lives and we have to accept that, challenging as that might be. Players travelling and taking time away is not unique to Derry football. It's part of life.

"Given the success of Slaughtneil we have had to manage the panel a particular way and after discussion with the two players we have decided this is the best decision for them, and Derry football at this stage. Niall and Ciaran are two honest, hard-working and capable footballers. They have been loyal servants to club and county for many years.

"We look forward to welcoming them back after their travels so they can be a part of what we are trying to achieve with the Derry senior football team in the coming years."

Midfielder Patrick Kearney has also quit the Derry county panel, according to The Irish News.

wherefromreferee?

• THE TODD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 13, 2018, 10:39:25 AM »
Only mid-February and the wheels seem to be well and truly falling off.

Derry have lost Niall Keenan and Ciaran McFaul for the remainder of the year.

Both men are going to head to the United States travelling in May and, even though they will still be at home for the remainder of the national league, it was agreed that they should quit the Oak Leaf panel with immediate effect as they won't be around for the championship.

"We have known for a period of time that both Niall and Ciaran had plans to travel in 2018," manager Damian McErlain confirmed in The Irish News. "Obviously it was disappointing to the management and players, however, we have to respect the wishes of Niall and Ciaran. They both would be a loss to any team in the country.

"Players make decisions at different stages in their lives and we have to accept that, challenging as that might be. Players travelling and taking time away is not unique to Derry football. It's part of life.

"Given the success of Slaughtneil we have had to manage the panel a particular way and after discussion with the two players we have decided this is the best decision for them, and Derry football at this stage. Niall and Ciaran are two honest, hard-working and capable footballers. They have been loyal servants to club and county for many years.

"We look forward to welcoming them back after their travels so they can be a part of what we are trying to achieve with the Derry senior football team in the coming years."

Midfielder Patrick Kearney has also quit the Derry county panel, according to The Irish News.

Toby47.  The management appear to have known for a while, so I don't know how this constitutes wheels well and truly falling off?
In your Endo!