Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Dunsilly King on July 26, 2020, 09:43:36 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 26, 2020, 08:29:44 PM
Ahoghill has a big win over portglenone. Didn't see that one coming.

Went to it. Casements have done some slabbering from last yrs epic replays with LD about this was the year😂😂😂
Bit of shock all right - anyone at it Or hear what the story of the Match waS?

Milltown Row2

Group championship matches set up is completely different to knock out games, preparation and application can be different.

Some work it well, some don't!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Preparation a different ball game this year though. Ho are these groups working? Top two from each into semis?

paddyjohn

Spoke to a few PG1 people today, not one complaint about losing. They said they lost to a far better side on the day.

bannside

Ahoghill thoroughly deserved their victory. Brought championship intensity to the game that Casements simply didnt match in the day. No excuses the better team won.

Christmas Lights

Looking down through championship results last night, can someone explain the point of John Mitchells?  They have played 2 games, scored 1 point and conceded over 90.  That is just a waste of time for everyone involved, the John Mitchells players, the opposition players, all the managers, officials and anyone who bothers to show up to watch.  This has been going on for years and years when you look back through it.  I do believe they maybe play in another more casual league if you like but they seem to enter the Junior championship every year and take a complete pasting.

imtommygunn

They don't seem to be in the league this year. I have played against them a few times over the years and there tend to be boys who end up playing who can't even hand to toe the ball. They just struggle to get numbers I think but want to keep the GAA club going there.

Some interesting results last night. Rossa drawing with St Johns a standout one. I thought Creggan might snatch that game too. Cargin looked to struggle a bit with Aghagallon. The usual suspects do look the teams to beat though. I would still imagine cargin are favourites. Intermediate looks interesting. Looks like dunloy, moneyglass, ballymena and st pauls the four front runners for now. Didn't expect Laochra Loch Lao to beat st malachys but the rest of the junior went as expected to. Pearses might be one to watch too.

tintin25

I think Mitchells play in the South Antrim league, where they are a little more competitive.  Curious about the Senior and Intermediate championship, can clubs get relegated from each? Will there definitely be no Ulster championship for any of the Senior, Intermediate or Junior grades? 

imtommygunn

I don't know how it works tintin.

What stages of knockout do these groups even lead to? I am assuming semi finals so top in every group in senior and top two in intermediate and junior?

Christmas Lights

Reading reports of Cargin, how come none of the McCann's playing?

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2020, 09:44:18 AM

What stages of knockout do these groups even lead to? I am assuming semi finals so top in every group in senior and top two in intermediate and junior?
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2020, 09:44:18 AM

SENIOR - Qtr finals
IFC/JFC   - Top 2 in each group into semi s

imtommygunn

I actually just saw a clip of it on twitter(Sidebottom said it was wide).

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2020, 11:06:49 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2020, 09:32:35 AM
They don't seem to be in the league this year. I have played against them a few times over the years and there tend to be boys who end up playing who can't even hand to toe the ball. They just struggle to get numbers I think but want to keep the GAA club going there.

Some interesting results last night. Rossa drawing with St Johns a standout one. I thought Creggan might snatch that game too. Cargin looked to struggle a bit with Aghagallon. The usual suspects do look the teams to beat though. I would still imagine cargin are favourites. Intermediate looks interesting. Looks like dunloy, moneyglass, ballymena and st pauls the four front runners for now. Didn't expect Laochra Loch Lao to beat st malachys but the rest of the junior went as expected to. Pearses might be one to watch too.
Rossa actually beat them. Only the Johnnies' umpire couldn't resist a bit of cheating  ;D. Appeared to be one of our referees too!

Is he still a ref?

Dunsilly King

Casements beat again. Creggan off the mark. Was tempted to go to the Casements game again, but after watching them at the weekend I couldn't see them winning. Decided to watch Cargin and Aghagallon. Cargin have alot of depth in their panel. The players that weren't playing and then the players who went off for injuries. Well over half their championship winning team off from last season and they still won. Aghagallon lively without having any real forward punch, their keeper has a beautiful kickout, is he on the any county squads? But if they couldn't bt them with so many players missing they never will.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Was at our game last night v Davitts. Ended up a comfortable win for them.

it shows that when they all train and play together regularly we have a very good side. Seaan Elliott was fantastic as was Keelan molloy.

Sets up a good game on Sunday against Moneyglass tho it isnt a do or die game on the result. Glenravel got another good win to keep them two wins from two as well. Sets the group up well now.
hurl like f**k boi!