Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cromagh

This is a difficult time for society as a whole and obviously trying to get back to normality in a difficult road for us all.

However you can't compare underage sport and schools. Two completely different contexts. Main one being schools operate inside a building and sport outside. If you watch the GAA module there is 19 times more chance passing virus indoors as outdoors.

Schools will be back to near full capacity by end of September. Scotland are def going fully back in August.

It's hugely important to get young people back out andmixing with friends and peers outside for a whole variety of reasons. Our volunteer coaches are not being put at risk by this. If home circumstances mean players or coaches can't take part then I'd assume they won't.
But we need to get young people back into normality to help with their social development as well as their mental and physical development

maxpower

School argument doesn't stack up, that's an indoor activity over 30 hours a week with c30 children in a confined space. 

GAA is groups of 10 for 1 hour per week outdoor!

Family exercise is grand but doesn't not for developing social skills, and as I have said, many will walk away and so the clubs will suffer.

I'm disappointed the attitude of the GAA has largely been - it will be difficult so let's not bother.
What happens next????

NAG1

Quote from: maxpower on June 24, 2020, 07:10:41 PM
School argument doesn't stack up, that's an indoor activity over 30 hours a week with c30 children in a confined space. 

GAA is groups of 10 for 1 hour per week outdoor!

Family exercise is grand but doesn't not for developing social skills, and as I have said, many will walk away and so the clubs will suffer.

I'm disappointed the attitude of the GAA has largely been - it will be difficult so let's not bother.

Don't want to hammer the point because we clearly aren't going to agree on it.

I guess it comes down to risk and reward, for me the risk is too great at the moment. what is a couple of months now at this stage to we see where things go and if it progresses the way it is and stays low then we have all autumn to play our games.

Minder

So Cul camps aren't going ahead in Antrim
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ciaran1988

When will the league fixtures be announced. I know the dates are out.

imtommygunn

Looking forward to seeing these club selections on the saffron gael for the hurling. There'll be some debate among some of those top clubs.

Not sure on fixtures sorry.

MoChara

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2020, 11:49:10 AM
Looking forward to seeing these club selections on the saffron gael for the hurling. There'll be some debate among some of those top clubs.

i have to say I've been looking forward to this as well, sounds like there's a few ready for publishing

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on June 30, 2020, 02:23:26 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2020, 11:49:10 AM

i have to say I've been looking forward to this as well, sounds like there's a few ready for publishing

If I don't make mine there'll be trouble!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Cushendall team picked. It's an interesting one but from what I've seen over the years maybe not too far of the mark.

Na Glinntí Glasa

what would be your own clubs best 15 hurlers folks in your own personal opinion.

For me it would be from the start of 1989/90 era. I was at the games before it but was more interested in finding a hole in the hedge where there might of been a stream to stand in! lol

So this is the best 15 Dunloy players ive seen play.

1.   Shane Elliott
2.   Sean McIlhatton
3.   Seamus McMullan
4.   Malachy Molloy
5.   Sean Mullan
6.   Gary O'Kane
7.   Frankie McMullan
8.   Nigel Elliott
9.   Colum McGuckian
10.   Tony McGrath
11.   Liam Richmond
12.   Paddy Richmond
13.   Alistair Elliott
14.   Gregory O'Kane
15.   Paul Shiels

Had to leave out the younger lads for the time being but id love to put in Coby, Keelan or Seaan Elliott but their time will come. Also couldn't get in Conor Cunning, Jarlath Elliott and Paudie & Damian McMullan into the team but if they were my subs im happy! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2020, 11:29:19 AM
Cushendall team picked. It's an interesting one but from what I've seen over the years maybe not too far of the mark.

Cant argue with that team at all either. its as good a team as you could pick from Cushendall.

So many great men not with us in Budda, James and Danny. Fantastic hurlers
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

It's mad seeing the 3 of those boys and are they not all brothers too?

I'd have had Aidan Delargy there or thereabouts too.

Hard to argue much with that team DR though you've maybe squeezed a few boys into that full back line lol.Very 90s dominated too lol.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2020, 11:29:19 AM

I'd have had Aidan Delargy in that team somewhere to, so difficult when you have had so many great hurlers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2020, 12:06:10 PM

Hard to argue much with that team DR though you've maybe squeezed a few boys into that full back line lol.Very 90s dominated too lol.

;D to be fair Mushy played full back for the 95 and 96 all ireland finals and those seasons but he would of played anywhere to be honest. Malachy and Frankie could swop positions handy enough but yeah all in its very dominated by the 90's squad.

Most of them all played up to the 2000's with Alistair and Gregory picking up their 11th county medal in 2009 so the guts of that team played for most of the games i went to.

Yeah from memory all 3 were brothers.

Danny collapsed and died at a game in Dunloy. I remember at that game when it happened.

Budda was one of the best characters i ever met in GAA circles. he used to land into the pub and dunloy and we would sit and listen to him chat about hurling and laugh at his stories he would go over. He was turned up after Dunloy would win a championship to enjoy the party and the craic a fair few times.

James was a rolls Royce of a defender. so cool and calm on the ball and made it look so easy all the time. Of that 89 team him and Beaver were the players i loved
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 01, 2020, 01:24:15 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2020, 12:06:10 PM

;D to be fair Mushy played full back for the 95 and 96 all ireland finals and those seasons but he would of played anywhere to be honest. Malachy and Frankie could swop positions handy enough but yeah all in its very dominated by the 90's squad.

Most of them all played up to the 2000's with Alistair and Gregory picking up their 11th county medal in 2009 so the guts of that team played for most of the games i went to.

Yeah from memory all 3 were brothers.

Danny collapsed and died at a game in Dunloy. I remember at that game when it happened.

Budda was one of the best characters i ever met in GAA circles. he used to land into the pub and dunloy and we would sit and listen to him chat about hurling and laugh at his stories he would go over. He was turned up after Dunloy would win a championship to enjoy the party and the craic a fair few times.

James was a rolls Royce of a defender. so cool and calm on the ball and made it look so easy all the time. Of that 89 team him and Beaver were the players i loved

Danny, Buddha, James, Sean, Brendan & Allister could all of been on a Cushendall panel to a win SHC at a stage I think. Could that be a record in Antrim I wonder?