Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 28, 2021, 12:16:04 PM
Teachers having a nice little injoke here about not having to work on full pay when people are seeing job losses and their businesses battling to stay afloat. Think it tells you an awful lot about their entitlement and lack of empathy.

To make it worse, it's the tax from front line workers who are keeping the show on the road day in day out that pays their wages.

Some of the smug comments on here are pretty shameful tbh.

We get it. Teachers are the baddies.

delgany

Teachers having a nice little injoke here about not having to work on full pay when people are seeing job losses and their businesses battling to stay afloat. Think it tells you an awful lot about their entitlement and lack of empathy.

To make it worse, it's the tax from front line workers who are keeping the show on the road day in day out that pays their wages.

A. Teachers invented covid.
B.Teachers decided to close schools
C. It is always the fault of teachers that something is wrong in this society.
D.Teachers pay taxes too!
Answer A ,B , C ,D or N

Milltown Row2

Teachers clearly have no sense of humour, no wait it seems the sarcasm or piss take is lost on some posters...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: delgany on January 28, 2021, 04:47:48 PM

A. Teachers invented covid.
B.Teachers decided to close schools
C. It is always the fault of teachers that something is wrong in this society.
D.Teachers pay taxes too!
Answer A ,B , C ,D or N

Near sure James O'Brien said it was the Daily Heil who created this...teachers are the new enemy. That rag always needs an enemy or two. Sells papers and gets clicks

ONeill

Are there any teachers on this?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trailer

The problem for parents is that sure the schools are closed but there is no situation in which teachers are happy to go back. There are no circumstances bar eradication of Covid that they'd be happy to go back. The unions offer no solutions. Some parents are able to teach and help their children but many aren't. Many haven't got the technical resources nor the understanding. Teachers well at least their representatives don't appear to get that.

restorepride

Wise up and grow up, Angelo.   Looks like Itchy wasn't the only one who missed the 'humour' lessons.   Teachers have been front line workers since August and we are still working full time and getting the pay that we are entitled to, showing lots of empathy each lesson, every day and, guess what, using a bit of humour with the students!!   If businesses are closing, then it is the tax that others pay, including teachers, which is keeping the show on the road. 

restorepride

Quote from: trailer on January 28, 2021, 10:57:15 PM
The problem for parents is that sure the schools are closed but there is no situation in which teachers are happy to go back. There are no circumstances bar eradication of Covid that they'd be happy to go back. The unions offer no solutions. Some parents are able to teach and help their children but many aren't. Many haven't got the technical resources nor the understanding. Teachers well at least their representatives don't appear to get that.
What balls.  I haven't missed a day's teaching since Covid started.  I'll be teaching every day until the end of June.  I'll be back in school tomorrow morning, teaching. 

trailer

Quote from: restorepride on January 28, 2021, 11:09:38 PM
What balls.  I haven't missed a day's teaching since Covid started.  I'll be teaching every day until the end of June.  I'll be back in school tomorrow morning, teaching.

I mean in f2f capacity. I don't doubt teachers are in providing a teaching service of sorts.

delgany

Quote from: trailer on January 28, 2021, 11:15:19 PM

I mean in f2f capacity. I don't doubt teachers are in providing a teaching service of sorts.

You are only hearing the negativity of moaners, scare mongers and unions.Their views do not reflect everyone's position.

restorepride

We are not allowed to do face to face at present.  There is this thing called a pandemic, public health is at risk, you see.  Any teacher I have spoken to would prefer to teach face to face so your "There are no circumstances bar eradication of Covid that they'd be happy to go back." is still balls. 

dublin7

Quote from: delgany on January 28, 2021, 11:20:11 PM

You are only hearing the negativity of moaners, scare mongers and unions.Their views do not reflect everyone's position.
I haven't seen any teachers groups come and disagree with the unions actions, have you?

Trailer summed it up best. Teachers are refusing to work until they get guarantees around covid that can't possibly be given. Thankfully the doctors, nurses, shop workers etc who work in far more dangerous environments for Covid than the teachers haven't gone on strike

restorepride

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 28, 2021, 11:31:05 PM
No you won't. There is no face to face teaching in schools right now. You can plan lessons and upload work. Other than that, you'll be babysitting if you go into school.
Yes, I will.  I will be in school teaching my classes live on Microsoft Teams, speaking to each and every 120 of them.  No babysitting.  Teaching.  So don't try to talk shite on here.

delgany

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 28, 2021, 11:31:05 PM
No you won't. There is no face to face teaching in schools right now. You can plan lessons and upload work. Other than that, you'll be babysitting if you go into school.

I agree that we are not teaching full classes but we are teaching the children sitting  in front  of us.  Unions much stronger position in South.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: dublin7 on January 28, 2021, 11:24:03 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 28, 2021, 11:20:11 PM

I haven't seen any teachers groups come and disagree with the unions actions, have you?

Trailer summed it up best. Teachers are refusing to work until they get guarantees around covid that can't possibly be given. Thankfully the doctors, nurses, shop workers etc who work in far more dangerous environments for Covid than the teachers haven't gone on strike

They have all been given ppe though