Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 07, 2021, 11:24:44 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 07, 2021, 09:20:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2021, 08:03:52 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 07, 2021, 06:03:09 PM
Diddly squat handed out remotely today

Wife just finished, she's lesson videos to do all week, each student has to report in the morning online and at the end.

Some schools must be completely taking the piss

Yeah my kids have to do that. We also got some sort of notification from teachers tonight via Google that they are going to email weekly progress reports for each child.
I have to say it's been Impressive the work that they are doing remotely. They are in a grammar school.
Kids in primary getting daily tasks via class Dojo. Enough to keep them going about 3 to 4 hours a day. Can't complain there either.

I do know people who are having a completely different experience though and from what I see on here it seems to be inconsistent.

Who is doing the 3-4 hours work with the young ones? Honest question

Are you talking parents or teachers?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2021, 11:26:16 PM

Wife just finished, she's lesson videos to do all week, each student has to report in the morning online and at the end.

Yeah my kids have to do that. We also got some sort of notification from teachers tonight via Google that they are going to email weekly progress reports for each child.
I have to say it's been Impressive the work that they are doing remotely. They are in a grammar school.
Kids in primary getting daily tasks via class Dojo. Enough to keep them going about 3 to 4 hours a day. Can't complain there either.

I do know people who are having a completely different experience though and from what I see on here it seems to be inconsistent.

Are you talking parents or teachers?

Parents, if parents are at work and children with big brothers or sisters or grandparents or childminder, who does the Dojo work?

Milltown Row2

That's why you marry a teacher...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2021, 11:32:03 PM
That's why you marry a teacher...

Always had a thing for teachers myself

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Estimator

P5 & P3 stuff all online - Teams and Seesaw. 
Collected a set of textbooks/resources for the P5 yesterday, the teacher will be detailing the work through Teams.  In terms of marking the work the teacher, will ask for specific pieces to be sent back via the apps for marking.
Just like the previous lockdown the school have been very good and producing online resources, video instructions and messages for the students in the class.  And the teachers have responded to questions/queries very quickly.
They are also quick to point out that parents shouldn't feel under pressure to cover all the work being sent out and that it doesn't all need printed out.
Ulster League Champions 2009

JimStynes

Quote from: Estimator on January 08, 2021, 10:58:02 AM
Collected a set of textbooks/resources for the P5 yesterday, the teacher will be detailing the work through Teams.  In terms of marking the work the teacher, will ask for specific pieces to be sent back via the apps for marking.
Just like the previous lockdown the school have been very good and producing online resources, video instructions and messages for the students in the class.  And the teachers have responded to questions/queries very quickly.
They are also quick to point out that parents shouldn't feel under pressure to cover all the work being sent out and that it doesn't all need printed out.

Jesus don't be saying that. People on here won't want to hear those sort of positive comments.

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on January 08, 2021, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: Estimator on January 08, 2021, 10:58:02 AM

Jesus don't be saying that. People on here won't want to hear those sort of positive comments.

No doubt Estimator is being paid by a teaching union to come out with that propaganda.

Maroon Manc

Totally different to the 1st lockdown, mine are getting way more work and support from the School. My 6 year old has 30 in her class, currently 14 of them are in as they have parents are key workers which is a complete joke. The teacher is a mate of mine and said his workload has increased considerably due to this. Its very time consuming for us as I think there doing more at home then they'd be doing in School and both struggling to get on with our own work.

Another mate is working from home, 1st lockdown he reckoned his workload was reduced by 65% but this time round its increased by 30%. He's desperate to get back to school.

JimStynes

Quote from: hardstation on January 08, 2021, 12:42:46 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 08, 2021, 12:27:59 PM
Totally different to the 1st lockdown, mine are getting way more work and support from the School. My 6 year old has 30 in her class, currently 14 of them are in as they have parents are key workers which is a complete joke. The teacher is a mate of mine and said his workload has increased considerably due to this. Its very time consuming for us as I think there doing more at home then they'd be doing in School and both struggling to get on with our own work.

Another mate is working from home, 1st lockdown he reckoned his workload was reduced by 65% but this time round its increased by 30%. He's desperate to get back to school.
He sounds like a mug. A simple declaration that he can't work emails will get him a free pass for a month.

Haha

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on January 08, 2021, 12:42:46 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 08, 2021, 12:27:59 PM

He sounds like a mug. A simple declaration that he can't work emails will get him a free pass for a month.

He should email the department about this inability.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tbrick18

Mrs tbrick and myself do it between us.
I'm working from home and herself is a P1 teacher so she's also managing her own class.
We've a 4 year old too running around the place.
Secondary school kids are running on the their normal school timetable and have a combination of google meet sessions and set work to do.
Our P4s had a zoom call with their teacher today for the first time. It was entertaining.
They use SeeSaw too. They are being generally set numeracy and literacy work. And have been told to do 45mins reading per day. So we just break up their day into blocks. Reading, break. Numeracy, break. Literacy, break. On their breaks they can play playstation or head outside a while. Working so far anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it's far from easy juggling work and homeschooling, but tbh herself keeps them on their toes with it.

ONeill

Just hope parents don't find teachers out and become better teachers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theticklemister

Our work has increased. But every so often in class I'll say to the kids, 'hi lads; for the  last 15 minutes of this lesson,  just colour in or talk; I have to reply to the rest of your muckers online here'.

Working good so far.

trailer