Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Cavan won 12 to 1 - 4.  I can only give you half a match report as I could only see half the field with the fog.
Queens went 4 pts to 1 up before Cavan got 8 without reply.  Queens scored a very soft goal from a 13m free to bring  it back to 2 but Cavan pushed on afterwards.  They played good stuff but Queens were desperate.

Miller
P Carroll    Ted Smith   Stephen Jordan
Dane O'D   Toastie Clarke  Damien O'Reilly
            Podge
            Mossie Corr
Flanagan  Anton Reilly   Fannin
Bud Fitz   M Brennan  Ronan Reilly
Subs: McKeever; Pierson; Mackey; Cullivan;
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

From Hoganstand

Best of Luck Swad.

Where in/is Kenagh and whats the best way to go?

All-Ireland club JFC semi to go ahead

Swanlinbar's Gearoid McKiernan and Ballinabrackey's Damien Carroll will come face to face this Sunday in Kenagh.
25 January 2011

The GAA have fixed the All-Ireland club Junior Football Championship semi-final between Ballinabrackey (Meath) and Swanlinbar (Cavan) for this Sunday, January 30, at Kenagh, Longford (throw-in 2.30pm).

It ends speculation over the possibility of Corduff regaining their place in the last four of the All-Ireland series, after the Monaghan champions were stripped of their Ulster title earlier this month following an appeal from their final opponents Swanlinbar that they had fielded an illegal player in the decider at Kingspan Breffni Park in December.

The west Cavan club, who lost the game by 2-7 to 0-8, were awarded the title after the hearing found that a Corduff substitute, who scored a decisive goal in the game, was Under 16 last season and under GAA rules adult teams are not permitted to field Under 16 players.

As a result, the game was forfeited to Swad and despite rumours of an appeal from Corduff over the Ulster Council's ruling, it has been confirmed that the Cavan side will represent Ulster in this Sunday's All-Ireland semi-final against Meath champions Ballinabrackey, who defeated St Andrew's of Carlow in their respective provincial final last Sunday week.

The winners at Kenagh this weekend will secure their passage through to an All-Ireland final against either St Peter's (Lancashire) or St Mary's (Kerry) at Croke Park next month.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Homer whats happening out in Ballinagh?? Mutiny I hear??

Swadman

To to Keenagh, Longford: take the N63, Athlone Rd, out of Longford town. Take a left for Stonepark (R397) and straight on to Keenagh.

We can't be as bad as the last day !!!  ??
Heres hoping for a Croke Park final :o

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Swadman on January 25, 2011, 08:23:27 PM
To to Keenagh, Longford: take the N63, Athlone Rd, out of Longford town. Take a left for Stonepark (R397) and straight on to Keenagh.

Best of luck.
Some lad over on Hoganstand was saying that Swad training has been poorly attended as  the players are not entirely happy with the way they got the title. Sounds like bull to me with a trip to Croke park the prize but was just wondering.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 25, 2011, 08:48:26 PM

Best of luck.
Some lad over on Hoganstand was saying that Swad training has been poorly attended as  the players are not entirely happy with the way they got the title. Sounds like bull to me with a trip to Croke park the prize but was just wondering.

Dont know why you bother reading that site it is full of WUMS.

Dougal

love to know how things are going for yis at the moment,any injury worries?ive been on to powers to see if i can get a price for yis to win it out.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Western Blue

No sign of David Givney on the Sligo I.T. football team this year...is he injured,, and no sign of Michael Lyng either with D.C.U...Big Lorcan must be ready to start...might get a game tomorrow night against Monaghan.. could collect his first Red card of the season?

rodney trotter

haha id say mulvey will mulvey might some sort of run out tonight.. Maybe lyng cant get a game with DCU,they have a some forward line :o either that or is could be injured yet again ??? i think cavan will win tonight and get a place in the semi finals..

Western Blue

Derry have won the Group...they go forward to the semi-finals....Cavan using this game to have a look at the new players again in the squad..still a win away to monaghan will be good for confidence coming up to the start of the league.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Western Blue on January 26, 2011, 05:48:35 PM
Derry have won the Group...they go forward to the semi-finals....Cavan using this game to have a look at the new players again in the squad..still a win away to monaghan will be good for confidence coming up to the start of the league.

The best 2nd place team also makes the semi which is likely to go down to score difference. We'd have to win well.

Denn Forever

Was there a strong wind last night?  Amazing silmiilarity of scoring.
means what he says...

BigMac

I wasn't at the game but good to get another win. It was these types of games that for a few years Cavan have a habbit of throwing away. Having a lead and then when the fight back hits, crumbling and not holding out for the win. Could somebody who was at the game please give a short report of the game, or a link to where there is one? What kind of a team was out? Did the lads stick to the team from the last day or try and test out some new players?

culchie11

what the story with seanie johnston lads?

Denn Forever

Quote from: culchie11 on January 27, 2011, 11:01:08 AM
what the story with seanie johnston lads?

Re what?

Isn't he PE teacher at Breffni College?
means what he says...