Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on October 10, 2010, 06:53:53 PM
YES!!!

Congrats Horse,you had a serious game tday aswell!!!
dont want to see you on here until next weekend,
Enjoy yourself.

PhilsJemmysField

Anybody at any of the U21 games at the Weekend. Saw St Killians beat St Finbarrs by a point. St Finbars had a young lad at the middle of the field that took Eugene Keating to the cleaners. But Killians had a wee bit more class in the forward area. Conor Smith is a class act if only you get a couple of stone lighter.

Drumalee good value for the Win, thought Raymond was his usually pinicky self. Brennan place kicking from the ground was excellent just would'nt be sure about this idea that he kicks every free and line ball in the ground.   

Swadman

Quote from: Swadman on October 08, 2010, 09:02:27 AM
Swad won the Junior Championship in 2006, the same year Drumalee won the Intermediate. Swad are this years Junior champions......... an omen for ya there Boojangles !!!

AND SO IT CAME TO PASS.......

Well Done

Donegal Danny

Just wondering whats the latest with Kingscourt, i see they are underdogs against Glenties in this weeks Ulster Club. Considering they beat Cavan Gaels and are playing at home,and the awful record of Donegal clubs in this competition  i think they are great value at 11/10. Just want to know what they are like at home and have they any injuries and are they taking the Ulster club serious or are they still on the beer?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Donegal Danny on October 12, 2010, 10:59:26 AM
Just wondering whats the latest with Kingscourt, i see they are underdogs against Glenties in this weeks Ulster Club. Considering they beat Cavan Gaels and are playing at home,and the awful record of Donegal clubs in this competition  i think they are great value at 11/10. Just want to know what they are like at home and have they any injuries and are they taking the Ulster club serious or are they still on the beer?
Wouldn't have a clue and there aren't any Kingscout contributors on the board as far as I know.
What about Glenties? Have they still some of the old boys hanging around? McGuinness and Gildea?

Donegal Danny

No all there older players are gone. Mc GUINNESS was player manager last year when they were beaten in the county final. He really wasn't up too it and was poor at midfield. Gildea and Paddy Campbell are retired a couple of years now, although Campbell is player manager of Steelstown who lost the Derry intermediate Final last week. Glenties are young and light but have a few good forwards like Leo Mc LOONE and Dermot "The Brick" Molloy. If Kingscourt beat Cavan Gaels they must be decent and playing in your own pitch in front of a good local support must be worth 2 points a least. That why i think 11/10 is a great value bet.

Blue06

Dr. McKenna Cup 2011

All Sunday games at 2.00 p.m.:
All midweek games at 7.30 p.m.
(Extra time to be played in Semi finals & Final)

Section A: UUJ, Fear Manach, Tír Eoghain, Dún na nGall
Section B: QUB, An Cabhán, Doíre, Muineachán
Section C: Naomh Mhuire, An Dún, Ard Mhacha, Aontroim

9th Jan:  Roinn 1: Section A
                             UUJ v Fermanagh at Brewster Park
                             Tyrone v Donegal at Healy Park
                              Section B           
                              QUB v Cavan at Kingspan Breffni Park
                              Derry v Monaghan at Celtic Park
                              Section C
                              St. Mary's v Down at Pairc Esler
                              Armagh v Antrim at Athletic's Grounds

16th Jan: Round 2: Section A
                              Fermanagh v Tyrone at Brewster Park
                              Donegal v UUJ at MacCumhaill Park
                             Section B
                              Cavan v Derry at Kingspan Breffni Park
                              Monaghan v QUB at Clones
                             Section C                             
                              Down v Armagh at Pairc Esler
                              Antrim v St. Mary's at Casement Park

19th Jan: Round 3: Section A                             
                              UUJ v Tyrone at Healy Park
                              Donegal v Fermanagh at MacCumhaill Park
                               Section B
                              Monaghan v Cavan at Inniskeen
                              Derry v QUB at Celtic Park
                              Section C                                                       
                              Antrim v Down at Casement Park
                              Armagh v St. Mary's at Athletic's Grounds

22nd / 23rd Jan:  Semi Finals: (1) Winner of Section C v Winner of Section B
                                                 (2)  Winner of Section A v 4th Placed Team

29th Jan: Final:  1 v 2

2011 Cadbury's Under 21 Football Championship:

All games at 8.00p.m.unless stated otherwise
(Extra time must be played if required in all games)

9th March First Round:
1. 1. Doíre v  2. Ard Mhacha                                             

16th March: Quarter Finals:
                                          (b) 4. Fear Manach  v  5. An Cabhán
                                          (c) 6. Dún na nGall v 7. Aontroim
                                          (d) 8. An Dún v 9. Tír Eoghain
                                          (e) 3. Muineachán v  (a) Doíre / Ard Mhacha

23rd March: Semi Finals: (b) v (c); (d) v(e):                                                                                                                                 
30th March     Final: (Replay 6th April)

rodney trotter

u21s havent a bad draw, at least they arent on the same as tyrone.. they should beat fermanagh in the first game not sure what donegal will be like next year in the u21s..

Westside

That's a brilliant draw for the U-21s.. You'd be hopeful that they would beat Fermanagh and then get get revenge against Donegal (assuming they beat Antrim) who won't have Murphy to torment us this time. Get to the final and anything can happen on the day.. Then again the Seniors had this exact draw in 2009 and it did them no good..

Are Andrews & Hyland over the team this year or what's the story?

Dougal

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on October 11, 2010, 11:40:03 AM
Anybody at any of the U21 games at the Weekend. Saw St Killians beat St Finbarrs by a point. St Finbars had a young lad at the middle of the field that took Eugene Keating to the cleaners. But Killians had a wee bit more class in the forward area. Conor Smith is a class act if only you get a couple of stone lighter.

Drumalee good value for the Win, thought Raymond was his usually pinicky self. Brennan place kicking from the ground was excellent just would'nt be sure about this idea that he kicks every free and line ball in the ground.

i was at the kingscourt erne gaels game and our own one.bud had a good game scored some classy points leddy and mooney were at midfield a both were quite good.wasnt that impressed with smith for kingscourt this time around.kingscourts FF was good aswel,bronco i think they called him.barry tully had lots of possession and did well enough.aaron brown came on for kingscourt which i thought was strange,last i heard u16 werent allowed play u21's.

in our own game P morris was fairly good,thought shane murphy had a great 2nd half,tomas reilly had a very poor game.oisin o connell had a good game as did the FF.wasnt impressed with fergal flanagan after all the good things i heard about him all year.alot of play went through givney but he never held on to it for very long.

is terry over the u21's again this year as he was at both matches i was at,at the weekend?quite a favourable draw for the u21s this year aswel.

anyone see the belturbet ballinagh game on sunday?i heard butsy had a great game on bud,quite surprised if thats true.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

Is Erne Gaels Belturbet and Drumlane? I wonder how the Belturbet lads feel about the amalgamation.. They have been quite vocal in the past about losing out on Minor and U21 finals to amalgamated teams..

Dougal

no it's belturbet redhills and butlersbridge.if i remember right this would be almost the same belturbet team that lost to parnells and dernacrieve in league and championship final(think it was the year before this team,but almost all the same players).they really werent happy about that alright,didnt know it was that well known though.

Westside

Yeah that'd be the team. Well beaten by Dernacrieve in and Parnells. Dernacrieve and Parnells were two outstanding teams at that time though.. That was 2006.. Yes and they lost to Ramor Munterconnaht amalgamation in the U21 final. They still got to play in Ulster but were hammered by Crosmaglen..

rodney trotter

surely belturbet would have been good enough to go their own for the u21s.. I think its basically the same team as last year bar 3 i think enda henry damian reilly and peter shannon.. they have quality players like bud fitz,teevan,klushe,niall reilly,connor vaughan,daryl dolan  so dont see why they joined with two other clubs.. they are playin corglass gaels next in the championshp and that shoudl be a interesting game,thats lacken-crosserlough..

Dougal

henry is still u21.reilly and shannon are the only two that were any addition that i can think of.i heard yous have very few coming to training?dunne minagh and kluche added into that u21 team and i cant see anyone bar the gaels putting it up to them.