Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

In other breaking news, Wexford beat the seniors today in Mullagh ;D

put-it-up

Quote from: hardstation on May 30, 2010, 11:54:26 PM
Who is managing Cavan these days?

Minor manager is Mickey Graham, Seniors is Tommy Truck!

Celt_Man

Jaysus it's fierce quiet around here these days...

Highlights of the Minors v Fermanagh on TG4 about 15 minutes in.... although the Kildare - Dublin replay which ended in another draw after extra time is worth a look

http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?content=102224343041
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Lads, is it true that the county players can't play for their clubs this weekend as it's within 10 days of the Fermanagh match? Interesting to see how Kingscourt fare against the Gaels on Saturday evening too. I hear also that Paul Graham is a brother of the manager (Mickey, I mean). This true?

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on June 02, 2010, 01:28:57 PM
Lads, is it true that the county players can't play for their clubs this weekend as it's within 10 days of the Fermanagh match? Interesting to see how Kingscourt fare against the Gaels on Saturday evening too. I hear also that Paul Graham is a brother of the manager (Mickey, I mean). This true?

Not sure about county players this weekend. But yes Paul is a brother of Mickey. Great young player.

put-it-up

From what I gater, no county players are playing this weekend so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few games called off!

Paul is a brother, but goin by the performance he gave on Sunday he is there on merit. Kept it simple, worked hard and completely spoiled the others teams midfield.

Was there a press night on last night?Any goss from it?

Celt_Man

Nope no county players this weekend... they are allowed play in Round 10 - the day after the Cavan match which is a good trick and if Cavan beat Fermanagh they aren't allowed play the week after in Round 11
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Ah no, Bailieborough will be without our county lads for the next couple of weeks ;D

CC1

Quote from: put-it-up on June 02, 2010, 01:55:59 PM
Ah no, Bailieborough will be without our county lads for the next couple of weeks ;D
You will need all ya can get this weekend!  ;)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

put-it-up

Quote from: CC1 on June 02, 2010, 02:23:20 PM

If we get any more injuries you will be playing our u16's!

CC1

Quote from: put-it-up on June 02, 2010, 04:57:26 PM

Likewise mate! We had to make 5 changes tonight due to injury. On top of the 5 that we already have out injured... How about we play our crocks against your crocks and see who wins?  ;D
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

put-it-up

Quote from: CC1 on June 02, 2010, 11:15:47 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on June 02, 2010, 04:57:26 PM

Likewise mate! We had to make 5 changes tonight due to injury. On top of the 5 that we already have out injured... How about we play our crocks against your crocks and see who wins?  ;D

What about a 5 a-side astro ;D

PhilsJemmysField

;D
www.jamboree.ie
The Saw Doctors are the big draw for the Killinkere Jamboree this year, so big in fact that you  would need to start reserving tickets as soon as possible.
The Tuam group, most famous for I Usedta Love Her and N17, perform on the Sunday of the holiday weekend at the start of June (Friday 4 to Monday 7).
Tickets are €25 and are available from outlets in the area, CJ's Coffee Shop Virginia, Sheanon's Butchers Bailieborough, Multisound Cavan and Pat Clarke's Ballyjamesduff., as well as jamboree.ie. Doors open at 9pm and a disco is planned from 12.30-1.30am -  tickets are selling fast so buy early to avoid disappointment.
The highlight of the weekend's daytime entertainment will be the air show on Sunday, June 6
One of Europe's top air stunt acts, The Twister Duo, will top the bill with their breathtaking aerobatic shows. The two planes will leave spectators gasping with their execution of synchronised loop the loops, twists and barrel rolls.
Other performers include Ireland's top air stunt pilot Dave Bruton, a 10-time national champion and also featuring Eddie Goggins display of multiple rolls reaching 250 mph before pulling 8Gs to a vertical up line to perform a dramatic rolling spiral tower. Then also on the bill is the Ulster Break Dancing Championships will attract some of the best dancers from all over Ireland and the UK to compete for the title.
Other Sunday highlights include  hen racing world championships, Zorbs, scramblers, funfair and lots more.
The highlight of the Monday events include the Ulster tug-o-war championships, championship boxing, an open darts competition, pub tug-o-war, the World Hen Racing finals & the Craggy Island Funfair and lots more.
On the Friday night the Jamboree Poker Classic returns and on Saturday night various couples will battle it out for the title of Mr. and Mrs. Jamboree. Too Tall Paul will provide the music.
www.jamboree.ie
Contact details
Breffni Clarke 087 1225465
Patrick Clarke 087 2073549
www.jamboree.ie
secretary.killinkere.cavan@gaa.ie ;D

Denn Forever

From Hoganstand.   Hope he mends well.

Johnston facing more surgery

Cavan's Seanie Johnston
03 June 2010

Cavan boss Tommy Carr has revealed that Seanie Johnston will need a second operation on the elbow he dislocated earlier this year.

However, this won't stop him from lining out against Fermanagh in Sunday week's Ulster SFC quarter-final according to Carr. The Cavan Gaels sharpshooter recently returned to full training after missing the entire NFL campaign after sustained the injury while playing for DCU in the Sigerson Cup.

"Johnston is back to full fitness. He will need another operation at some stage, but it is not preventing him from partaking at the moment," the Breffni County manager said.

"He has been full-blooded at it now for the last two weeks. He played a full game on Sunday, so we expect him to be available for selection.

"Every player that comes back after an injury is very apprehensive and cautious of that particular injury, and sometimes there is nothing that you can do about that caution."

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cavan4sam

Just have to say that I have just come across 'The New and Improved Hot ladies thread( Probably NSFW)' for the first time and I have to say I have a new found respect for both BHMan and CeltMan. Kudos to the both of you, I am goin to post a few of my personal favourites over the next few days.