Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Coyle

Heard about Donal Kelly - May he rest in peace.

We bet Ramor tonight - 2-16 to 1-06. Ramor are poor team, gone downhill a lot. Few very narky players when they start losing. Looking forward to our championship encounter already!   ;D

put-it-up

Killygarry eased past Lavey. Lavey were shocking on the day and didn't score in the first half.

With regards to Ramor, I'm sure Anton O'Reilly was having a good ould moan ;D

mylestheslasher

boojangles

Not trying to be smart here but who is Donal Kelly? Is he anything to Paddy Kelly that used to be in The Square pub or is he related to Fr Kelly?

May he rest in peace.

Hear Ballyhaise gave Kill some hammering Friday nite. Doesn't bode well for ourselves, when we struggled against them.

anglocelt39

Quote from: boojangles on April 25, 2010, 12:22:02 PM
Not trying to be smart here but who is Donal Kelly? Is he anything to Paddy Kelly that used to be in The Square pub or is he related to Fr Kelly?

May he rest in peace.

Hear Ballyhaise gave Kill some hammering Friday nite. Doesn't bode well for ourselves, when we struggled against them.

Booj Donal was Paul's father and I think his grandson would have won a county minor medal last year. Donal played with Cavan at a young age, I think he may have played in an All Ireland Minor final with the county at some stage. Emigrated to Birmingham which would have robbed him of a few inter county honours. He returned to Bailileborough in the mid 70's when football was in a poor enough state in the town and was instrumental in getting things going at Under 16 and Minor level. Managed the County minors for at least one year.

Fantastic character and motivator, and a real gent.  RIP
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

From Hoganstand...

On behalf of Coiste Chontae an Chabhain, Chairman, Officers, players and clubs, we would like to extend our deepest sympathy to the family of Donal Kelly who died earlier today.

Donal was a wonderful exponent of Gaelic Games not only in Cavan but also in England and in particular Birmingham where he was a founding member of the "Erin Go Bragh" Club.

Donal represented his County during the 1950's and during that period he won 2 Ulster Senior Championship titles, 1 Ulster Minor Championship and with his beloved "Bailieborough Shamrocks" captured 2 Cavan senior club championships in 1952 & 1957.

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam dhilis.

Celt_Man

Division One

Kingscourt  2-16 1-6 Denn 
Belturbet  0-4 0-10 Ballinagh
Castlerahan  0-10 0-9 Cuchullains
Gowna  0-10 0-13 Mullahoran   
Redhills  1-14 0-12 Crosserlough 

ACFL Reserve Division 1 

Redhills  1-9 3-15 Crosserlough   
Belturbet  0-5 3-13 Ballinagh 
Castlerahan  1-11 1-10 Cuchullains 
Gowna  1-6 2-9 Mullahoran 

ACFL Division 2

Drumlane  2-10 1-8 Butlersbridge 
Cootehill  1-9 0-9 Drumgoon 
Drung  0-11 1-12 Drumalee 
Shercock  1-11 1-11 St. Killians 
Knockbride  3-10 2-12 Cavan Gaels 

ACFL Reserve Division 2 

Drumlane  0-7 1-7 Butlersbridge 
Cootehill  3-8 0-8 Drumgoon 
Kill  - - Ballyhaise  Conceded by Kill 
Drung  1-7 2-10 Drumalee 
Shercock  1-11 1-9 St. Killians 

Division 3
Killygarry  0-10 0-10 Templeport 
Munterconnacht  1-9 0-12 Mountnugent   
Corlough  1-5 2-19 Swanlinbar 
Ballymachugh  2-7 2-8 Kildallan 

ACFL Reserve Division 3 

Killygarry  2-10 0-7 Templeport 
Munterconnacht  1-7 0-7 Mountnugent   
Ballymachugh  - - Kildallan  Conceded by Ballymachugh
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Theobald

I see Shercock drew with St. Killians in Div 2....... Who are St. Killians??....... Jaysus, I've only been gone a few months and there's new rules, new clubs, I won't know the place whenever I get back!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Theobald on April 25, 2010, 07:50:13 PM
I see Shercock drew with St. Killians in Div 2....... Who are St. Killians??....... Jaysus, I've only been gone a few months and there's new rules, new clubs, I won't know the place whenever I get back!!
Was going to ask that myself? Killeshandra beat Lacken by a point also which wasn't listed.

Celt_Man

St. Killan's are Killinkere for whatever reason... Don't understand that one either.

boojangles

Killinkere are joined up with Cuchulainns for U-16 and are called St Killians. Somebody is getting mixed up.
Good win for Cootehill Celt Man. You's really seem to have the Indian sign of your neighbours ha.

Cavan Gaels 2nd team were beating Knockbride by 6 points going into injury time and conceded 2-1 in the last few minutes. Nightmare.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on April 26, 2010, 03:51:55 PM
Killinkere are joined up with Cuchulainns for U-16 and are called St Killians. Somebody is getting mixed up.
Good win for Cootehill Celt Man. You's really seem to have the Indian sign of your neighbours ha.

Cavan Gaels 2nd team were beating Knockbride by 6 points going into injury time and conceded 2-1 in the last few minutes. Nightmare.

wow... I don't remember writing that earlier message at all....

Aye we were brutal... Losing by 2 point with a minute left so I would have taken the three point win!!  ;D
We got a goal in the 3rd minute of injury time - I'd say about 45 seconds after we equalised.  They must be sick!!!!

Heard that alright about the Gaels match had to hear it twice before I believed it! 

BallyhaiseMan

im sure you're gutted for your neighbours  ;)

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 26, 2010, 09:25:56 PM

I've a pain in my face from smiling the whole day!!  ;D ;D ;D

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 26, 2010, 09:26:53 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 26, 2010, 09:25:56 PM

I've a pain in my face from smiling the whole day!!  ;D ;D ;D

;D, How are drumgoon shaping up?
Did they have all the major lads,McDonald/McNally/Hannon/Fannin and co, out for the derby?  ;)
Is it true some of the drumgoons best players are actually from one of Cootehill's biggest estates and should rightly be playing for the Celts?