Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 03, 2010, 06:21:12 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 03, 2010, 06:11:22 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 03, 2010, 06:07:49 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 03, 2010, 06:04:25 PM
Brilliant stuff and Well Done to all involved. 1st Ulster Final in 5 years at any level so that alone is a positive. After a great start we faded very badly and only for men like Givney we probably would have been beaten but fair play to the team for digging in after the sending off. It didnt look good as Monaghan got the goal immediately afterwards.
It has to be said though that there were some lads left on the field that should have been off by HT but thankfully we got away with it. Fair play to the management for bringing Niall Smith back on as he has the legs to run at teams when Monaghan had dropped the extra man back and direct ball wasn't working.

It looks like most club games will be off tomorrow as a result. Just waiting on word.Seems a bit mad TBH but I suppose its not every day we make an Ulster Final.

There is some debate about that one

I was told that any team with an U21 player of their team can have their game called off if they want.

That may depend on whether they are on the team, panel or squad... the plot thickens!
Senior game off. Junior goes ahead.

put-it-up

Any league games go ahead today>?

cavan4sam

I know only 1 game went ahead in Division 1 Castlerahan 0-10 Gowna 0-6

Western Blue

Congrats.to all involved with the Cavan U.21 team . A lot of good preparation and a wee bit of good fortune on Wednesday night will go along way in getting us past what appears to be a strong Donegal team. Hopefully our Capt. Rory Dunne will play his part in keep Michael Murphy quite on the night.
Who are Terry Hyland's ( Manager) co. selectors . By any chance is Martin McHugh working with the team in the background?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Anthony Forde and Ronan Carolan are involved in some capacity. Is it definitely confirmed for Enniskillen at 8 o'clock?

Western Blue

What is the position regarding Eugene Keating? I was of the impression that he was dropped from that panel in Feb and then there was some mention later of him been injured. The couple of times last year I saw him in action for the Senior team I thought he played OK/fair. Any news on him?

cavanforever

yeah i believe he was injured! thought he was back for the monaghhan game but must not have been eady

Denn Forever

Final in Brewster Park at 8.00 Referee Gavin Corrigan according to the Ulster GAA fixtures list on their website

http://ulster.gaa.ie/fixtures/

It'll be a tough nut to crack with Murphy (geez hes big) at FF.  If the Cavan defense can be disciplined we have a hope. 

The Donegal team were not afraid to hold the ball even crossing the field (back and forth) with short passes until an opening presented itself. The No 7 was good and mobile  and will have to be watched but hopefully he'll be too busy with the speed merchant wing forwards to do any damage.

Hope we have the same support as Saturday.  Come on Cavan.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

donegal are a typical donegal team.quick,close range handpassing until theres space to carry the ball,not great to watch but effective when done right.where does keating play for club?and where would he play for the u21's,if he was to be fit for tomorrow or before the end of our campaign?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Western Blue

Keating plays for Mullagh/Cross....position Midfield or Centre Half Back

Dougal

i know who he plays for just havent seen much of them over the years,thanks anyway,was never sure where cuchullains was.i thought he might be CHB alright,would be a good addition there for the u21's,james mac is a good player,but i feel he lacks a bit of speed which keating has.

i think it's giving for a good day tomorrow,but after the rain last night i doubt the pitch will be too dry.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

handballer09

See www.anglocelt.ie for previews, updates on the Cavan team when it is announced and video coverage after the match.
Donegal team to be announced this evening, corner-forward Peter McGee is definitely out after receiving a straight red against Derry.

Celt_Man

Best of luck to the lads. Anyone know if Northern Sound are covering it?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Homer

All the best to the lads tonight. Lord knows it's badly needed.