Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Has a team been anounced for tonight lads?

Denn Forever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 24, 2010, 10:31:22 AM
Has a team been anounced for tonight lads?

The guys on the panel don't even know the team yet!

From Hoganstand
Brady back training with Cavan

Cavan's Paul Brady
24 March 2010

World Handball Champion Paul Brady has returned to training with the Cavan senior football squad and hopes to be available for selection for the county's final league game against Fermanagh on April 11.

While Tommy Carr's men target their third win in Division Three this weekend when they take on Offaly at Kingspan Breffni Park, Brady will be looking see off Dublin rival Eoin Kennedy in the All-Ireland Senior Singles semi-final as he aims for his seventh crown.

"The goal at the beginning of the year was to get back playing football for April and things are going well, so I'm hoping to be available for selection for the last league game," said the Mullahoran man.

"In terms of the injury, I'm as good as I can be for handball."

Don't know if this is good news as for the last few years when Paul has battled for fitness he never brings good luck to Cavan teams.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on March 23, 2010, 06:46:28 PM
cavan gaa has more f**kin twists and turns than home and away,like lawrence said,you couldnt write this shit.i was happy to see they decided to stagger times for the league games,now i can actually see teams other than my own.now they go and do this.if anyone should go up it should be cootehill.

Lawrence's proposal is starting to gather momentum...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Any word on the Under 21 team yet?  Any of ye heading to it?  Can't make it over to it unfortunately.

On another word what do you make about having the Junior games on before the seniors games this year in the league?  Will most clubs try to put out two separates teams of 15?  Would many clubs actually be fit to do that?

Dougal

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 24, 2010, 03:35:16 PM
Any word on the Under 21 team yet?  Any of ye heading to it?  Can't make it over to it unfortunately.

On another word what do you make about having the Junior games on before the seniors games this year in the league?  Will most clubs try to put out two separates teams of 15?  Would many clubs actually be fit to do that?

im going to tip into watch it anyway,looking forward to it.

it's a good idea,stops teams from filling up with seniors,more players get playing,improve the burnout situation(if it exists).we will get it hard without fielding half a minor team id say.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Dougal

The lads are playin great stuff.ref not giving us a hate though!
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on March 24, 2010, 08:40:22 PM
The lads are playin great stuff.ref not giving us a hate though!
Score??

Celt_Man

Just see it on another thread, has Cavan winning 2 - 6 to 0 - 1 at half time....  ;D

Celt_Man

Full time score of Cavan 3-14 1-08 Down, that right Dougal??

Must have been some performance!!  Well done fellas!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

f**k sake dougal are you Declan Woods, on d'internet at the game.
Stroll in the park for the lads. Very good performances but a complete mismatch and it'd be intersting to find out how many of the Down lads were off that winning minor team. Best in the first half (when it mattered) were McClarey, Graham and Smith whose running is just unreal when he gets a bit of grass in front of him. Givney took his time to get going but when he did he was superb as was Gearoid McKiernan. Shouldn't exclude the other lads though. Darragh Tighe had a fine game at corner back and Hyland threw on a lot of subs. Monaghan were beating Antrim so I think we have them next. Probably could've done with a harder game to be honest but we'll take it with both feet on the ground. The car park at the back of the stand was allowed to be emptied for 15 minutes after the game. Could you imagine the poor Down fans sitting their trying to get out early?

cavan4sam

Lawrence could you list the team for us?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Not quite but.........
1. O'Mara
2. Sorry, don't know.
3. Rory Dunne
4. Darragh Tighe.
17. Daniel Graham
6. McEnroe
7. Tomas Reilly
8 Gearoid McKiernan
9.Givney
10. Niall Smith
11. McDermott
18 Barry Reilly
13 Bud Fitz
14 Declan McKiernan
15 McClarey.

Subs. Michael Reilly, Shane Tierney, Some other smith, Brendan someone..............sorry lads can't remember, I was being revived by the paramedics.

Lawrence of Knockbride

What a way to celebrate 50 posts? I must talk some shite.

Denn Forever

Good performance.

Standouts were Givney and McKeirnan at full forward.  The down team didn't seem to be up to much.

Not too much opposition so what will it be like against better opposition still awaits.  But Fcuk it we won and won well.  Can't get better than that!

Note to Terry.  Don't let that team study the senior team.  On the other hand Tommy you could do worse than .....
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...