Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on March 23, 2010, 02:01:31 PM
just heard mad eddie left the panel aswell,thats according to a friend of a lad on the panel.

Jaysus they are dropping like flies!!  :(
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Homer

Quote from: Dougal on March 23, 2010, 01:21:22 PM
just after being told that ballinagh will be in senior this year.seemingly there was a problem with some of the amalgamations not playing all there games,and ballinagh are allowed to stay in senior.anyone else here this?

Personally I think it's an inspired decision   

Celt_Man

Quote from: Homer on March 23, 2010, 02:14:02 PM
Quote from: Dougal on March 23, 2010, 01:21:22 PM
just after being told that ballinagh will be in senior this year.seemingly there was a problem with some of the amalgamations not playing all there games,and ballinagh are allowed to stay in senior.anyone else here this?

Personally I think it's an inspired decision   

Hmmm I suspect that quietly a few of Intermediate clubs who think they are in contention for the championship this year won't be sorry to see Ballinagh go....

Lawrence of Knockbride

You couldn't write this shit if you tried. Why not just leave the senior championship with less teams? Cootehill should've applied to be promoted as they were the losing intermediate finalists and have as much right, more right when you consider the disciplinary problems the 'nagh have had. But the clubs have spoken and all that so what can you do. All we need now to cap a fine week is for a few of the U-21s to go on the beer tonight.

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 23, 2010, 02:25:07 PM
You couldn't write this shit if you tried. Why not just leave the senior championship with less teams? Cootehill should've applied to be promoted as they were the losing intermediate finalists and have as much right, more right when you consider the disciplinary problems the 'nagh have had. But the clubs have spoken and all that so what can you do. All we need now to cap a fine week is for a few of the U-21s to go on the beer tonight.

If they are reading this board it might drive them to the drink. County is some shambles  :o

The Gaels in the Intermediate  is hilarious and now Ballinagh pushed up. Two teams promoted for nathin. What a joke

Celt_Man

Post of the year wrapped up in mid-March!!  I like your thinking Lawrence!!  I wonder is there another meeting next Monday night where we could shovel this idea through?!?!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 23, 2010, 02:53:27 PM

Post of the year wrapped up in mid-March!!  I like your thinking Lawrence!!  I wonder is there another meeting next Monday night where we could shovel this idea through?!?!
Thanks Celt Man, I have been working on my posts. I have to say I was a little disappointed you didn't think of it first. If it was proposed the same clubs that voted for Ballinagh would probably vote for your crowd. I don't think they're concentrating.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 23, 2010, 02:59:01 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on March 23, 2010, 02:53:27 PM

Thanks Celt Man, I have been working on my posts. I have to say I was a little disappointed you didn't think of it first. If it was proposed the same clubs that voted for Ballinagh would probably vote for your crowd. I don't think they're concentrating.
Maybe I did but it always sounds better if someone else came up with the idea first!  I find the whole thing laughable.... So out of the 2 bottom teams in the league last year and the one team which was relegated from the Senior Championship, a grand total of 0 out of those 3 teams were actually relegated... in fairness that's a good trick if you can pull it off!!

mylestheslasher

Maghera have a strong lobby, maybe they could talk themselves into Senior football at cootehills expense. f**k it, why not let every team into the senior championship. All 40 teams play each other home and away and the final is on new years eve 2012!

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 23, 2010, 03:27:12 PM
Maghera have a strong lobby, maybe they could talk themselves into Senior football at cootehills expense. f**k it, why not let every team into the senior championship. All 40 teams play each other home and away and the final is on new years eve 2012!
Thats still a better idea than what the County Board would come up with Myles.

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 23, 2010, 03:27:12 PM

Them fookers Maghera have had it in for us for years....   ;D ;D

boojangles

Eddie Reilly left the panel a few weeks back.He wasn't on the panel for the Wexford game. He will be sorely missed. ::)

I don't know what to think of the whole Ballinagh farce.Along with games against our beloved neighbours,it is one fixture Drumalee has always looked forward to and when the draw was announced I was happy as it was easy to get the blood going, looking forward to that fixture.
But lets be honest, on the other hand, we (along with BH Man,Celt Man etc) would be quietly happy that one of the favourites are now gone from the competition.
You really would have to ask questions how this really should be allowed though.

Dougal

cavan gaa has more f**kin twists and turns than home and away,like lawrence said,you couldnt write this shit.i was happy to see they decided to stagger times for the league games,now i can actually see teams other than my own.now they go and do this.if anyone should go up it should be cootehill.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Dougal on March 23, 2010, 06:46:28 PM
cavan gaa has more f**kin twists and turns than home and away,like lawrence said,you couldnt write this shit.i was happy to see they decided to stagger times for the league games,now i can actually see teams other than my own.now they go and do this.if anyone should go up it should be cootehill.
What's this staggering you mention?

Dougal

stagger is the right word isnt it?some league games are on,on sat,then some on sun at 2,then the rest at half 3.real diehards will be fit to get in 3 league matches most weeks.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!