Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Well look on the bright side,
we might actually design some patterns of play for other players and not resort to sending every ball into Johnson even when he has 3 men on him,which happened alot last year  ::)

Celt_Man

For any man doesn't know yet....

Johnston blow for Cavan

Cavan have been dealt a huge blow ahead of their National Football League opener this weekend with the news that star forward Sean Johnston looks set to miss the entire campaign.

The Cavan Gaels man suffered a broken elbow during DCU's Sigerson Cup victory over UCD yesterday and will definitely miss the trip to Roscommon this Sunday.

Johnston had to be withdrawn in the 37th minute after a collision with an opponent early on in the second-half and an x-ray afterwards confirmed that the 25-year-old suffered a break, which was believed to have required surgery this morning.

The news is a massive blow to manager Tommy Carr, who has looked to bolster his attack since the start of the season by bringing in Oliver Plunkett's ace Gareth Smith and recently welcoming back Simonstown's Michael Brennan, who had been out of the fold since 2007.

Carr recently confirmed his 24-man panel that would travel to Roscommon, which included Johnston, but is now set to wait until Friday night to decide what team will line-out at Dr Hyde Park on Sunday.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

Thats the spirit BHM.  Especially since we now have Smith and Brennan (?) for the forwards.  Who will lose out?  Brady obviously (he isn't in the panel). Will Reilly lose out?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

perhaps you might see something like

Martin Reily, Gareth Smith, Ray Cullivan
Michael Brennan, Ray Galligan,Cian Mackey
start on sunday.

im interested to see Mickey Brennan as a forward as ive only every seen him play and played against him,when he was at Full or wing back for the county and at midfield for his club.

whats my name

from what i have heard eugene keating opted out of the panel to concentrate on the u-21's and when that is finished he is available form the seniors also i heard rory dunne has no interest in playing with the county seniors at all just with the u-21's.

Dougal

im gald to see very few u21's on the seniors.mcdermots still u21 next year?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on February 04, 2010, 09:54:16 PM
im gald to see very few u21's on the seniors.mcdermots still u21 next year?

Niall Mc Dermott was Minor in 2008.He is U-21 next year.
Im also glad that theres so few U-21s on the Senior panel.In hindsight if the same thing had been done with the last good team we had in 2005 then who knows what would have happened.

Celt_Man

Seems like Lyng is fit and that rumours of his demise were greatly exaggerated....

Johnston out for NFL

Cavan's preparations for their NFL Division Three campaign have been rocked by the news that star forward Seanie Johnston looks set to be out for up to three months with an elbow injury sustained in a Sigerson Cup match with DCU against UCD yesterday (Wednesday).

Former GPA Player of the Month Johnston has been the Breffni Blues' top scorer for the past three seasons but looks likely to play no part in the league, which begins for Tommy Carr's men this Sunday with a tricky-looking away trip to Roscommon.

"Sean has a broken elbow and it looks as if he will be out for the whole league campaign," confirmed Cavan county board PRO Declan Woods.

"He suffered the injury while playing for DCU in the Sigerson Cup yesterday. It's a blow to us but we'll have to get on with things as best we can."

The injury to Johnston, who was withdrawn after 37 minutes having scored 0-2, will heap further pressure on Carr, whose side were beaten in all three McKenna Cup matches last month.

Meanwhile, Woods rubbished recent reports of an injury to Johnston's Cavan Gaels teammate Micheál Lyng.

"Micheál is fit and available for selection, I spoke to him and he doesn't know where that story came from," stated Woods.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

thats good new about lyng.decent bit of competition for a place in the forwards.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 04, 2010, 08:54:15 PM

start on sunday.

im interested to see Mickey Brennan as a forward as ive only every seen him play and played against him,when he was at Full or wing back for the county and at midfield for his club.

Brennan is not available for Sunday.Will be available for next week.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Boojangles, you're like a woman promising to go to the gym with your new year's resolution-lasted the month of January :D :D

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 05, 2010, 03:25:12 PM
Boojangles, you're like a woman promising to go to the gym with your new year's resolution-lasted the month of January :D :D

Haha.  :D I have a problem.
Thats not really discussing things though in fairness.Just passing on information really. Unlike most women I intend to stick it out ;)

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on February 05, 2010, 02:52:38 PM

start on sunday.

Im sure it will be Martin in the corner and Mackey on the wing. Was in the Irish Sun today that Flanagan has only a 20% chance of playing, he limped off for DCU aswell.

We are still shockingly poor in the MF area and have worries about the backline. However, once Johnston is back for championship I think this could be a blessing in disguise. At least now we have to work something else out to get scores.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: put-it-up on February 05, 2010, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: boojangles on February 05, 2010, 02:52:38 PM

start on sunday.

Im sure it will be Martin in the corner and Mackey on the wing. Was in the Irish Sun today that Flanagan has only a 20% chance of playing, he limped off for DCU aswell.

We are still shockingly poor in the MF area and have worries about the backline. However, once Johnston is back for championship I think this could be a blessing in disguise. At least now we have to work something else out to get scores.
Only 20% of what's in the sun is accurate so that changes things drastically.
Quote from: boojangles on February 05, 2010, 04:38:47 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 05, 2010, 03:25:12 PM

Haha.  :D I have a problem.
Thats not really discussing things though in fairness.Just passing on information really. Unlike most women I intend to stick it out ;)
I'm not sure what you're sticking out at the women in Drumalee but it's hardly GAA related ;D
Sorry, but it's Friday evening.

beer baron

drumalee women chancey?mc mahons tonite?